How Otaku is Your Room?

I have two wallscrolls, but if you just look into the room without entering you won't see them since they're on the wall behind the door and the wall with the door. Other than those, it just looks like a gamer's room, several game consoles and games in the room with a few empty cans and bottles of soda sitting on the desk. I have a stack of manga sitting on a back shelf but you won't notice them unless you actually look around.

Like two bookshelves littered with academic stuff from over the years (textbooks, exams, homework, agendas, binders...) and other misc. shelf-able crap. No otaku stuff.

One table that I use for all table-related activities (study, eat, etc.), and a chair to have access to said table. No otaku stuff.

One twin-sized bed (it's too damn small but eh, my room is small in general. A full-sized bed would take half the room. Yup.) No otaku stuff.

A closet full of......!!! You guessed it!!! Clothes! No otaku stuff.

~~~

Not technically otaku-related but I guess the closest thing I had to an obsession where I just had to have the merchandise of whatever I was obsessed with was K-Pop. 

My walls were littered with SNSD/T-ara/2NE1 posters xD.

I think that's so sadddd. I like the thought of representing something you like in your room. I mean, I can kind of understand it if it's expensive, but if it's a matter of embarrassment or not caring I dont really share the sentiment.

I've got loads of things "representing something I like" in my room. Namely, 23 shelves of proper books and a few hardcover graphic novels (I'm not into manga though, so none of that), some CDs and DVDs, and my tarantulas in the corner. -_-

oh yea I wasnt judging you. You like what you like, and if that doesnt happen to be otaku-related things then that's that! ANd I mean, I guess you can enjoy them but not enough to fill your room with them. And there are varying degrees of filling your room. And maybe you just have so much other stuff you care about as well... it's a very gray issue! I walked onto a landmine with this one

I just don't really like hardcopies of anything except books, and that only because I find it very difficult and unpleasant to read books from a screen, it is a soulless experience. I haven't bought a DVD in ages, and most of my dozen or so CDs were either bought at the shows (which helps ensure that the artist gets a bigger cut from it) or were pretty much the only way I could support the artist. So essentially it is a compromise I simply have to make.

The wallpaper/posters are circa 2002, so the posters are cute animals and the wallpaper includes of pretty unicorns. Basically can't be bothered to decorate my room, but I just add stuff to it like anime plushies and a whole bunch of manga, which I must have over 60 volumes of sitting around. Mainly shoujo. Only one BL volume. My anime DVDs are in the family room. My room at the city I'm going to school in has nothing in it that's otaku related at all~

Probably 0/10.  I have absolutely nothing that's otaku related, only a bust of a Gaper from The Binding of Isaac that I made myself, some other ceramics stuff I made, a Fluttershy model, loads of books and pictures, and a ton of random crap piled on both my desk and dresser that I need to sort through eventually...tomorrow*.  I don't actually own any manga, I just poach them from my sister's stash or read them online, since I can't get them locally.  I plan on getting some other models to put on my bookshelf; a local comic shop has a chibi figure of Saber Alter that I've been eying.

*I'm not going to sort through that crap tomorrow.

I used to have a more otaku room but it has recently come to my attention that every time I have to move house, needing to move all those items across is a pain in the bum. That is why I have thrown out a lot of things as of late (-u-)~

I kinda understand this,

Every few months I have to change place (mainly for work and studies) so my room is a very practical one without much otaku related stuff. I only got a few posters I can carry easily and manga I brought recently but that's it. The rest of it is stored so i can hopefully display it the day I'll finally settle somewhere...

I kinda understand this,

Every few months I have to change place (mainly for work and studies) so my room is a very practical one without much otaku related stuff. I only got a few posters I can carry easily and manga I brought recently but that's it. The rest of it is stored so i can hopefully display it the day I'll finally settle somewhere...

Yeah. If there ever comes a day when I know I am settling in for a long while, I might go full otaku then XD.

• 2 weeks later...

That Negima! Magistere Negi Magi manga though. I like that manga series very much. >.<

Did you notice that I had two #2's?  That's the only time I've ever done that in manga, accidently bought 2 of the same one by accident on 2 separate occasions

(Well, I keep it around in case I ever befriend someone who wants to read Japanese Negima #2...)

My room decorations are still unfinished, but I think it's looking a bit otaku already.

[unnamed2_zps56e37de3.jpg?t=1418836388

unnamed_zps1be9899b.jpg?t=1418836391

unnamed4_zps47522871.jpg?t=1418836398

unnamed3_zps89d80978.jpg?t=1418836393

Room5_zpsca32771b.jpg?t=1418835234

Really taking advantage of all the white on the wall, huh. I really like the collage on your wall. I for one can't bare to look at an empty wall without putting up posters, gotta have a distraction so that my eyes can wander when they get tired from playing video games or being on the computer all day. I'm unable to put up too many posters cause I have a roommate so it's always nice to see others' creative expressions. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks to OriginalRen, I can add this to my small otaku oriented stuff in my room

lW2EaNm.jpg

And just noticed my post on this page didn't include images, so here's the two wallscrolls I have

7UQHbw1.jpg

UsMEr8Y.jpg

Other than a stack of "A Certain Scientific Railgun" manga, that's all you'll find otaku-related in my room.

You know, those 3D creatures you might see walking around outside your house from time to time

They are largely inferior to their 2D counterparts but the upside is that they are fully interactive

^_^

Hmm, I guess I should look outside my house once in a while and maybe I'll see one of these "girls". :ph34r:

This would be funnier if I at least had an otaku room