How Otaku is Your Room?

• 1 year later...
On 1/26/2022 at 8:39 AM, Tasuke said:

Anime%20Shelf%2012-8-19%202.jpg?width=19

Oh wow, is that Parfait from the Little Witch Parfait series in the middle (to the right of Yuna/behind Roll)?

Didn't know there were actually any figures for those games. I'm not a big figure collector but I might have to track that down.

Also guess I might as well show-off my collection while I'm here:

Games:

PC games on the top of the left shelf, with portable games in the middle and various game books on the bottom.

Right shelf is all of my console games (except for the Megadrive games which got arbitrarily placed on the PC shelf for now because... well I'm out of space)

Spoiler

PXL-20230214-001806754.jpg

Manga/LNs:

Spoiler

PXL-20230213-234920392.jpg

Anime:

Spoiler

PXL-20230214-001639221.jpg

Game and anime related CDs + Seiyuu CDs/DVDs/Blurays (mainly Mizuki Nana) + game adaption LNs and manga

Spoiler

original-0c779bc7-cf33-4f6d-b0f2-b54779f

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well... I wouldn't mind a couple of figures, but they are quite expensive, and I have to admit, I don't like them much in terms of quality. They have very scary faces)
  As for the room...I have a small library of manga and posters. Very. A lot. Of. Posters. There is Bayonetta, Ergo Proxy, Danganronpa, Kill La Kill, World End Syndrome, Kara no shojo (It its A2 format ^^)  and much more.

I started to buy weeb stuffs recently. I live in latam, well... the truth is that if you live in big countries like Mexico or Argentina you are lucky since from decades ago you could get official merch, but on smaller countries like mine (Panama) that was harder, the otaku scene always has been a niche with only couple of dozens people until recent years ago when anime started to become more mainstream in my country.

The thing is that even when I have been an otaku since the 2000s, I have never had anime stuffs because there wasn't any local store. The only things you could get were Dragon Ball notebooks and figures (obviously low quality boottlegs).

Thankfully now we can buy from internet via PO BOX and I have started to buy merch about animes and visual novels that I like, but still my collection is small and that's because the salary here is so fucking low and bring them to my country have an extra charge so I buy figures once every few months

Here some of my figures:

nxgA3nE.jpg

m87brlk.jpg

I stopped buying figures because in january (if the embassy approves my visa) I will leave latam and move to USA, but I'm not going bring them with me on the flight, I don't want to carry many things on my bag and also don't want them to get damaged on the travel. If I ended moving to USA one of the things that I want to start doing is starting to buy more merch

• 2 weeks later...

So... things have turned out Perfectly Backwards here over the last couple months...
Principles of Asian Wabi-Sabi in Action, i Suppose.

First, Got this Schoolgirl Sailor Suit for my Konomi a couple/three months back...
Turned out to fit my much larger WB AT203-Based Shaorin;

Shaorin_Schoolgirl_11-27-23_6.png?width=

Just got this Re;ZERO "Rem" -styled Maid Dress for Shaorin... Turned out to fit my
much Smaller OBITSU BODY 26-Based Konomi;

Konomi_Maid_12-14-23_2_RESIZE_40.png?wid

My First Anime Character Doll,  - TOYNAMI's Rough, Clumsy 2001 13in. "Tenchi Muyo!" Princess Ayeka Jurai -
 is coming back home to me after Twenty Years...

- this time, in the form of the original, Japanese-Market TAKARA Ayeka Jurai
that is fully compatible with the OBITSU 26 Aftermarket Doll Body...
and therefore able to fit right in comfortably with the rest of my OBITSU-based Anime Family♥

- TAKARA 10in. Ayeka Jurai -

Ayeka_TAKARA_12-23-23_(2).jpg?width=1920

Ayeka_TAKARA_12-23-23_(5).jpg?width=1920

Ayeka_TAKARA_12-23-23_(8).jpg?width=1920

- TOYNAMI 13in. Ayeka Jurai -

37881_original_zps6dc32ff7.jpg?width=192