What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Everyone is playing The Witcher 3, and I'm just sitting here, grinding barghests, drowners and ghouls in the original.

*Pats head encouragingly* You have lots of great things awaiting before the third game.

My Witcher 3 playthrough is already almost longer than what takes to beat the first two games once. I don't think I'm that far in the story either, I've played around and done side quest. This game is ridiculously huge.

Also from what I've seen there's some really different consequences to your actions like in witcher 1&2. And because of that I feel like I'm going to have to play it few times through, like I did with the previous games, but I'm not sure if I ever have the time for it.

And Skellige is probably the best location I've ever seen in a game. Those snowy peaks and icy cold open sea... 

And Skellige is probably the best location I've ever seen in a game. Those snowy peaks and icy cold open sea... 

>Almost to Skellige

>Had planed on taking a break today from the Witcher 3 to watch some anime

>Nevermind

The Witcher 3 is probably the best open world RPG ever made. It's so, so good. I'm still in the midst of the Bloody Baron questline and holy cow, how did they turn what should be a generic stepping stone quest into something so compelling, with such good writing, and so many alternate paths to take? Every part of this game is so supremely well crafted. I can't get over how good the faces look. Look at this friggen guy:

UTmelua.png

Not only is the modelling and texture work excellent, but the facial animations are phenomenal. Every character emotes so well. The Witcher 3 proves that perhaps the most important aspect of natural-looking animations is subtlety. The subtle grins, smirks, frowns, glances to the side, etc, it's all done so well. LA Noire had an enormous amount of money spent on its facial animation tech and it's probably outclassed by this game. I guess the lip syncing isn't as good but it gets the job done and the actual emoting is way less exaggerated and more natural looking. 

(The crazy part is how that's just a guy you'll spend only a few minutes talking to. They don't spare any expense even for minor characters like him.)

Played BioShock 2 yet?  God, that game had some absolutely stupid gene tonic combos.  Wrench Lurker + Natural Camouflage + Fountain of Youth + Armored Shell = you will never die, ever.  Dunno why people hate on it; it's not as good as the first game, but it's pretty damn close.

Played BioShock 2 yet?  God, that game had some absolutely stupid gene tonic combos.  Wrench Lurker + Natural Camouflage + Fountain of Youth + Armored Shell = you will never die, ever.  Dunno why people hate on it; it's not as good as the first game, but it's pretty damn close.

I have played all series and TBH BS2 has the best gameplay out of the three (BS1 best lore, but since I was spoiled on BS1, BSI takes the cake for best story)

Played System Shock and Dead Space completely too (Didn't play the console exclusive games though, such as DS2 Severed, Extraction and Ingnition)

Edit

Cannot decide to whether buy a GBA SP off of a friend (parents might get angry, lol) or save up for like two more months to get Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa 2 and 999 off of Amazon.

Been replaying Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC so I'll be refreshed on everything whenever SC comes out (hopefully) this year; currently at chapter 1. This time I'm taking my time to talk to NPCs and also rechecking every treasure chest I open because what those chests have to say are often hilarious :lol:

Took some time to play a bit of Dragon Age Inquisition mainly to mop up what sidequests I can to get enough influence for a perk I'll need at that ball that's the next story mission. A few things I've noticed though:

1) I'll wait till I hit the game's level cap to to take on a dragon, I got slaughtered by what's supposed to be the weakest of the bunch regardless of what strategy I used.

2) After collecting all the Hinterlands' shards the reward is apparently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB7mHxdHlRY

3) Tried to do that horse race quest, how the #@$%^*& do I  get on a horse :huh: .

Beat the KOTOR 1 Restoration mod and got to M4-78 planet in KOTOR 2 then stopped. I started playing Fate/Extra last night and just got past week 2. I always hear mixed things about Fate/Extra but after playing it I guess it's pretty fun, I kind of like some of the ideas that they've thrown in there. The combat system is a bit annoying though.

I have played all series and TBH BS2 has the best gameplay out of the three (BS1 best lore, but since I was spoiled on BS1, BSI takes the cake for best story)

Played System Shock and Dead Space completely too (Didn't play the console exclusive games though, such as DS2 Severed, Extraction and Ingnition)

Edit

Cannot decide to whether buy a GBA SP off of a friend (parents might get angry, lol) or save up for like two more months to get Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa 2 and 999 off of Amazon.

Can't disagree with that.  Those underwater sequences in 2 were some of the most amazing scenes I've seen in a while.  So calm and beautiful...and then I go inside and shoot someone in the face with a Rivet Gun  xD

Well, you can just emulate GBA games, so I'd save up for the stuff you absolutely need hardware to use.  I still have my SP, but sometime emulating is just plain easier, thanks to the remapping and fast forward capabilities, with the option of cheating in case you glitch out to boot.

Playing Batman: Arkham Asylum for the first time. Combat is very fluid and the characters are pretty interesting, the added interviews lying around are also pretty fun to listen to. Gotta love when time freezes right when Batman delivers the final blow to enemies, POW! right to the kisser.

Playing Batman: Arkham Asylum for the first time. Combat is very fluid and the characters are pretty interesting, the added interviews lying around are also pretty fun to listen to. Gotta love when time freezes right when Batman delivers the final blow to enemies, POW! right to the kisser.

On what platform?

But yeah, that game is absolutely stunning.  Basically the game equivalent of The Dark Knight.  I got Arkham City for free through Xbox Live, and it's also quite good, especially if you get the Catwoman DLC.  Not worth getting anything but the GotY at this point, though.

On what platform?

But yeah, that game is absolutely stunning.  Basically the game equivalent of The Dark Knight.  I got Arkham City for free through Xbox Live, and it's also quite good, especially if you get the Catwoman DLC.  Not worth getting anything but the GotY at this point, though.

I'm playing the PC version. I got the GOTY editions for both AA and AC, the reviews tend to be leaning toward bad for Arkham Origins so I'll probably stay away from that one.

I'm playing the PC version. I got the GOTY editions for both AA and AC, the reviews tend to be leaning toward bad for Arkham Origins so I'll probably stay away from that one.

From what I understand about Origins, it does nothing new, and simply retreads old ground while being buggy. So its not a bad game, just nothing new. 

Got a 360 controller?  I can't imagine playing it with anything else, honestly.  The combat just flows more easily.  I'd highly recommend using one.

Don't touch Origins even if it's on sale.  There's pretty much no reason to buy it if you have the first two, from what I've heard.

From what I understand about Origins, it does nothing new, and simply retreads old ground while being buggy. So its not a bad game, just nothing new. 

Key difference: Origins wasn't made by Rocksteady.

Curtain Call.

It's crazy how addicting it is. I felt this nice sense of accomplishment the first time a character hit level 99, and I went to fiddle with their abilities, and found the Reset button. More CP? Yes please. Now I have to see just how deep this rabbit hole goes...

It's somewhat surprising how distinct all the characters are, in terms of utility. I just reset most of my best characters (the second reset, for most of them), and I swapped them out for my second string / people that I'm trying out. The result is surprisingly lousy - they take out maybe 1/3 or 1/4 as many enemies as my old party, so they hardly get any experience. I actually think I'd make progress more quickly after just a couple rounds if I dropped out level ~80 Squall and replaced him with level 1 Terra on her second reset. Squall is terrible.

Right now my favorite characters are Terra and Cloud, though I don't mind Lightning #2 either.

- Terra with Trance + a big list of spells

- Cloud with Omnislash + Sacrifice 3 + Added Cut

- Lightning #2 with One Man Army + Added Cut

They just rip through enemies, especially bosses.

I'm mostly using Tifa #2 with Final Heaven + Brawler 2 + Brawler 3 is my fourth, but I'm looking for someone better. I like having Locke around for general utility skills - Level 2 Libra, Treasure Hunter, and Steal are all very nice to have. I imagine his Luck being super high is helping in some background way (drop rate for items / rarity or such), but his other stats are so low that it's hard to justify keeping him around...

I'm becoming an emulator fanatic.  I just downloaded and set up ePSXe (PS1 emulator) and am currently downloading Silent Hill, and also planning to download classics like Final Fantasy Tactics, Spyro the Dragon and Ripto's Rage, a few Crash games and a few other non-Tactics Final Fantasy games.  Any other suggestions?  I missed a lot of PS1 games since I was born a little late, so any suggestions would be appreciated ^_^

I'm also taking a break from the original Witcher.  Kinda starting to get burnt out :vinty:  Won't be too long, though, since I really wanna take a crack at the sequel.