Moenovel teases localization of a new title

Decay

I like the subtle Wakaba Wakai Girl ad.

Since the Wakaba Girl anime (at least the annoucement) existed when this background was made, it has to have been made in early 2015 or late 2014. Unless they made it later and just put an ad for it for the lulz. It was definitely not earlier than 2014 though since they couldn't have predicted the future.

Well, at least it's not Cocoro@Function or Miagete Goran. 

Here's the thing though, Moenovel is a Pulltop subsidiary, so I'm assuming they're publishing their games, but if the assumption I made earlier is correct, then it has to be a game that came out after Cocoro@Function (which was released in 2013)

These are the games that came after that:

• Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort (no BG like that in it)
  • Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete Snow Presents (Same thing as before)
  • Kanojo to Ore to, Koisuru Resort (etc.) (Can't be this one since it's a fandisc of multiple other ones)
  • Cocoro@Function! NEO (No BG like that in this one)
  • Mirai Kanojo (Again no BG like that)
  • Natsuiro Recipe (No BG like that yet again)
  • Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o (And once more no BG like that)
  • Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o (fandisc of the former so nope)
  • Yakimochi Kanojo no Ichizu na Koi (Couldn't find the BGs for this but it's a nukige so super unlikely)

This leads me to believe it might not be a Pulltop game this time around. Unless I did something wrong in my research or my earlier assumption is totally wrong and it is an earlier title, which if that's the case, then whoever drew the background is a psychic and figured out Wakaba Girl was  gonna have an anime in 2015.

What do you think the chances of this not being made for 12 year olds is? Seriously is there any chance of an 18+ version? Is there any chance of a decent translator? Is there any possibility that the entire community will not boycott this title on principle? Time will tell.

5 hours ago, kyrt said:

What do you think the chances of this not being made for 12 year olds is? Seriously is there any chance of an 18+ version? Is there any chance of a decent translator? Is there any possibility that the entire community will not boycott this title on principle? Time will tell.

I'm gonna guess the answer for an 18+ version is 100% no. The company thinks they have sold a sleeper hit that's really been nothing but a disaster because of their practices, so they think what they're doing is working wonders.

Edited by KonpekiUmi

7 hours ago, kyrt said:

What do you think the chances of this not being made for 12 year olds is?

I seriously wonder what was in their heads when they said that.

I mean, you have plenty of other reasons to say that you're not making an 18+ version but why use the analogy of 12-year old French girls?

Is it because they're trying to appeal to the female audience or is it because it is a romance game and France is known for the country based on love? Either way, that's too specific.

Edited by jetpack003

1 hour ago, jetpack003 said:

I seriously wonder what was in their heads when they said that.

I mean, you have plenty of other reasons to say that you're not making an 18+ version but why use the analogy of 12-year old French girls?

Is it because they're trying to appeal to the female audience or is it because it is a romance game and France is known for the country based on love? Either way, that's too specific.

No because the French are huge consumers of japanese media.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

11 minutes ago, jetpack003 said:

Wait seriously? That's interesting.

I always thought it was the English consumers (US) which produces the major amounts of sales.

The French anime and manga market (especially manga)  is far far bigger than the US market. It's not even fair to compare the two. Living in Europe myself I have seen much more French translated manga than English translated manga, including titles that were never released in English. 

5 hours ago, jetpack003 said:

I always thought it was the English consumers (US) which produces the major amounts of sales.

You came late to the party. In late 90 there was already an huge market here while in us there was basically nothing. We also imported shitload of anime during 70s and 80s while in the us there was only Robotech.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

7 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

The French anime and manga market (especially manga)  is far far bigger than the US market. It's not even fair to compare the two. Living in Europe myself I have seen much more French translated manga than English translated manga, including titles that were never released in English. 

2 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

You came late to the party. In late 90 there was already an huge market here while in us there was basically nothing. We also imported shitload of anime during 70s and 80s while in the us there was only Robotech.

Ok, now I understand better of the French community. Thanks for that tidbit!

The only thing that still has me confused is that comment "12-year old French girls". Never mind the age, isn't the VN in English and most of the people in France mostly speaks well, French?

Are there a decent amount of French speakers who decides to learn English? Adding to that, are there any French people who even wants to read English VNs in the first place?

I'm from Italy, you learn english in school as a second language but, like Japan, classes are not good enough to learn decent english, even if you have good grades, I learned what I know by myself reading text in english from games, websites, pc programs etc., France shouldn't be too different. Most people who play japanese games (paradoxycally) don't have any problem reading a VN in English, manga readers are different since they read everything in Italian (the offer is huge) and they refuse to read high amount of text in a foreign language.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

10 minutes ago, jetpack003 said:

Ok, now I understand better of the French community. Thanks for that tidbit!

The only thing that still has me confused is that comment "12-year old French girls". Never mind the age, isn't the VN in English and most of the people in France mostly speaks well, French?

Are there a decent amount of French speakers who decides to learn English? Adding to that, are there any French people who even wants to read English VNs in the first place?

I could be wrong, but I believe the actual context for what happened is that a real 12 year old french girl actually did like them on facebook or something, and they championed that as the kind of audience they wanted to cater to. Not necessary the "french" part specifically, but they were just happy that their age rating and censorship policy was theoretically justified.

This was never a "we set out from the start to target french people" thing.

Just now, Darklord Rooke said:

Considering how their English localisation reads, it probably was the ‘French’ part.

Brilliant. Intentionally target the people who can't tell good writing from bad!

Wait, they're already doing that just by releasing a VN. :makina:

16 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

I'm from Italy, you learn english in school as a second language but, like Japan, classes are not good enough to learn decent english, even if you have good grades, I learned what I know by myself reading text in english from games, websites, pc programs etc., France shouldn't be too different.

True but you have to be really committed (like yourself) to actually understand English fluently. On the other hand, some people learn it as a mandatory course which means their English might not be the best since they can't be bothered by it. That group wouldn't read VNs in English anyways. Then again, a person who speaks fluent English would be able to pick out the flaws of 'that' VN in the first place even as a second language.

What I'm trying to say is that finding French people who speaks English and likes to read VNs is kind of a rare breed and not common.

25 minutes ago, Decay said:

I could be wrong, but I believe the actual context for what happened is that a real 12 year old french girl actually did like them on facebook or something, and they championed that as the kind of audience they wanted to cater to. Not necessary the "french" part specifically, but they were just happy that their age rating and censorship policy was theoretically justified.

This was never a "we set out from the start to target french people" thing.

That sentence sounds very misleading if that's true then.

13 hours ago, jetpack003 said:

No that wasn't the reason, it's because they gave an interview to a french online site that deals in visual novels and so they thought about mentioning "12 years old french girls", if they were being interviewed by an italian visual novel websites they would have said instead "12 year old Italian girls".