Moenovel teases localization of a new title

Decay

Saya : What do you think you have to do to appeal to the western market?

Fujisan : Firstly, we need to try to expand the knowledge of its existence.
For example, we want 12 year old French girls who like anime to know about it as well, and make it so that there is no problem appealing it to these girls. Thus we will need to make it easy for such girls to tell their friends who also like the same type of anime.

Just to clarify

21 minutes ago, KonpekiUmi said:

Well, if IMHHW was originally meant to be localized in French

They never said that. The only reason why "french" was even mentioned at all is because they were being interviewed by a french website, that's the only reason.

I don't see what's so hard to comprehend, basically what MoeNovel said is that they want the game to be (made) as accessible as possible, whether it'be a 50 year old sweaty otaku lolicon that lives in a bunker somewhere in Australia, or a 12 year old french girl.

Of course that is bound to failure because the people who would actually put money on it expect to get to same content as the Japanese release and have a proper translation.

Edited by Nier

More teasing:

I don't recognize the silhouettes and don't really feel like doing the sleuthing necessary to find out who they are or if this is perhaps an entirely new VN still in development. I'm leaning towards the latter, really.

Edited by Decay

Having a shrine doesn't really say much though, so many games have one. 

Honestly it's still too hard to figure out unless you recognize the sprites. 

Edit: I digged through quite a few VNs and character traits in vndb, and although I can't claim it's a thorough research (because some things are not tagged) it all leads me to believe this might just be a new game that hasn't been released. 

1 minute ago, Nier said:

Nope. I just thought the purple maiden was Asuka from that game.

See: 92357.jpg

And: zKxfADA.jpg

Very spot on. However you missed a few crucial details, and that is the ahoge (that piece of hair sticking up) on her head. I don't see it on the image, and from the looks of it, the girl also has twin pigtails which I don't see in the silhouette. It could be just a coincidence.

12 minutes ago, KonpekiUmi said:

Very spot on. However you missed a few crucial details, and that is the ahoge (that piece of hair sticking up) on her head. I don't see it on the image, and from the looks of it, the girl also has twin pigtails which I don't see in the silhouette. It could be just a coincidence.

If you want to go unto more details, the purple maiden has shinto hair paper accessory like that:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51b16e22e4b0faad63b88117/t/552b3a69e4b0745421df11ae/1428896363307/

OMIGAWD it's an x Cation game from Hibi Works!

22.jpg

Edited by Nier

11 minutes ago, yorikbad said:

Show me the 12 years old french girl that actually likes visual novel about high school boy falls in love with another girls. Who can really believe this nonsense?

I kinda get what they were thinking, but the issue is that they chose an EROGE and then censored the crap out of it.

If they were speaking generally about visual novels, and picked an all-ages game, I'd be onboard. I mean, making VNs more well known is important! Trying to actually change who an eroge should be marketed for in general is absurd. I really don't know what went through their heads with that one. 12 year old girls shouldn't be their primary target with a game that literally has hours worth of sex scenes in it...

An all-ages version on the side is a clever way to sell the game to more customers.

No 18+ version at all is a clever way to literally lose the customers who would originally be interested in the game.

I truly hope they understand this now, and go about this next game in a different manner. The other issue is the translation of course, and one can only hope their TL team is completely new, or that the old team has learned a lot since the last game was done.

13 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I truly hope they understand this now, and go about this next game in a different manner. The other issue is the translation of course, and one can only hope their TL team is completely new, or that the old team has learned a lot since the last game was done.

And by "a lot" he means "basic English".

43 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Really? Can you link the specific game this is from? I couldn't find heroines that fits this picture anywhere on VNDB from them, but maybe I just suck at looking.

I was only being derisive at that point, I said this because there are just so many VNs out there and at the end alot of them share similarities that it is that much harder to set them apart. The teaser pictures seem to imply:

- Shrine Maidens (Mikos)

- Tori Gate

- Sakura Petals

- Water Lilies

- Cosmopolitan Japanese Area

- Purple Girl with Shinto Hair Ornament and Scarf, also something that appear to be a small animal? (for all we know it could be an Onusa, or a Penis Wand, because you know JAPAN)

- Turqoise Girl with Ceremonial Priestess Garb?

Now how many VNs have Mikos, Sakuras, Water Lilies, Toris and Cosmopolitan Japan in them?

32 minutes ago, RedK said:

LxC 2? Really?

Are french girls into big women? :pyaa:

Well they're french! You know la libération de la femme and all that stuff.

Edited by Nier

4 hours ago, yorikbad said:

Show me the 12 years old french girl that actually likes visual novel about high school boy falls in love with another girls. Who can really believe this nonsense?

Females tend to like romantic stories, they can enjoy a simple all ages moege, there's really nothing strange.