Moenovel teases localization of a new title

Decay

1 minute ago, yorikbad said:

We're not their target audience. Steam's crowd is.

And what is this magical "steam crowd" we're talking about? If it's not us after all, then I don't even know anymore. We're a part of it, like everyone else.

It's huge, that's true. The only decent way to spread the word is to educate people about those issues. Unfortunately, people will most likely end up buying their new release. Our modern standards in regards to product quality have detoriated enough to the point, where majority doesn't really care as long as they get what they want and it better be damn cheap.

For those hearing about MoeNovel for the first time and interested in some background reading, I wrote an article discussing MoeNovel's censorship of If my Heart had Wings back when it was first released in 2013.  Also happens to be one of the top hits on Google on the subject (which must be embarrassing for MoeNovel).
Why I didn't buy If My Heart Had Wings

1 hour ago, Benji Price said:

Forgot to say that version I played was with restoration patch, which included the original Story from what I read. My bad. :wahaha:

Don't know if also changes the translations.

I played with the restoration patch. Ageha's route was still extremely badly translated and full of lines that were literal meaningless gibberish. You overlooked some real rotten stuff, dude. It was there.

It'll be either KonoSora Flight Diary or Snow Presents

19 minutes ago, KonpekiUmi said:

Wait, isn't a restoration patch suppose to fix the translation?

I think they maybe fixed like 0.0001% of the lines, but the patch was mainly for restoring H-content.

Long term goal was indeed to fix the translation  though

29 minutes ago, KonpekiUmi said:

Wait, isn't a restoration patch suppose to fix the translation?

The patch to fix the translation is still in the works. The patch that was released basically just added the h-scenes back, translated them, and reverted the other changes made to the game script.

11 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

I think they maybe fixed like 0.0001% of the lines, but the patch was mainly for restoring H-content.

Long term goal was indeed to fix the translation  though

3 minutes ago, Decay said:

The patch to fix the translation is still in the works. The patch that was released basically just added the h-scenes back and reverted the other changes made to the game script.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info. I never knew the localization of If My Heart Had Wings was that much of a train wreck, and it's one of the VNs on my list to play.

Edited by KonpekiUmi
Re-worded because of a grammar mistake.

11 hours ago, Decay said:

I played with the restoration patch. Ageha's route was still extremely badly translated and full of lines that were literal meaningless gibberish. You overlooked some real rotten stuff, dude. It was there.

As for the translation there's nothing I can say since my japanese is too basic for now. And for it comes to the text, I never felt like the context was going nowwhere or meaningless. Maybe I overlooked it too much, since my way of playing VNs is lying on bed with autoplay :wahaha:

When I'm finished with Kara no Shoujo I will play Ageha's route again, but slowly this time.

honestly speaking people only do get what they deserve, since a great many are apparently non willing to end that toxic "choosers-can´t-be-beggars" attitude of theirs. how often did i come across lots of them shitting on said title´s overall quality, how often did i read of them planning to give it a try nonetheless, how much more contradictionary has their behavior to become? as long as producing trash is going to be rewarded financially there wont be adequate changes. simple as that.

4 hours ago, ratboi said:

im just sad theyre not doing the fan disc flight diary, as the fan translation is basically dead and imhhws is one of my fav VNs so I want more :(

There's better stuff to read, trust me. Have you tried Wind?

2 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Companies will eventually improves anyway, like it's happened with mangagamer.

Some companies will never improve, though :makina:

6 hours ago, Benji Price said:

As for the translation there's nothing I can say since my japanese is too basic for now. And for it comes to the text, I never felt like the context was going nowwhere or meaningless. Maybe I overlooked it too much, since my way of playing VNs is lying on bed with autoplay :wahaha:

When I'm finished with Kara no Shoujo I will play Ageha's route again, but slowly this time.

Spoiler

CD86C030A252EEA9834A617FA142098B9EF43B59

54 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

The translators from Moenovel were obviously competing to see which one of them could best confuse the shit out of the reader xD

I hope whoever wrote that sentence is proud, because that's one high quality piece of utter nonsense 

Beggars can't be choosers, Rooke. You begged for this. Therefore, you can't choose. You'll be force-fed completely unintelligible Engrish, and you'll like it!

2 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

The translators from Moenovel were obviously competing to see which one of them could best confuse the shit out of the reader xD

I hope whoever wrote that sentence is proud, because that's one high quality piece of utter nonsense 

I'm afraid that was most likely google translate-san, and seeing as he is a machine and all, I don't think he feels pride.

I like how the editor was just like, "yup, this is fine. I won't question this at all." and just let it stay in the TL.