Jump to content

Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project


Recommended Posts

With a few exceptions, you are usually able to understand what they're trying to say. But... is that really good enough? There's a reason this project exists, it really does need a retranslation. Hopefully it won't take too much longer, so you should probably just wait for it at this point.

 

With a few exceptions, you are usually able to understand what they're trying to say. But... is that really good enough? There's a reason this project exists, it really does need a retranslation. Hopefully it won't take too much longer, so you should probably just wait for it at this point.

Well, i most certainly would like to read it with proper English, but the question is how long do i/we have to wait? Not trying to act spoiled or impatient, it's just that we have no progression reports as far as i can see, and i'd prefer not to wait until sometime next year with no date estimation or progress reports.

Edited by Stormwolf
Link to post
Share on other sites

Soon™.  You know how translation projects work.  Even if someone gives an estimated completion date, odds are it won't be accurate and will probably just end up disappointing people.  If you want to just go ahead and read the Moenovel version because you're impatient, go ahead, but I can confirm that it's awful.  I've seen enough screenshots and proper translations of lines compared to the given Moenovel translations to see that it's absolute garbage.  There's a reason it's so cheap on Steam.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really expecting a precise date though. First half of next year, second half? 2017 perhaps? I know i'm more at ease when i have some kind of time frame. And of course it sucks when dates and such can't be held, that's a given. But nothing to kick up a fuzz about, stuff happens. If they keep up with the translating then i can't do anything but give my support and respect. In the end im sure i'll wait for the retranslation anyway :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amane's and Ageha's route are partially done, everything else is finished. But it's hard to say how long it can take - Ageha's route will probably require more time than others. It shouldn't take more than half a year, though that depends on my free time and the amount of distractions (current distraction: Maggot Baits :P).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't aware this was still going on. Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for doing this. Its really awesome of you. You guys are the best! 

 

Thank you thank you THANK YOU for doing this

I have the MoeNovel version of this and it pissed me off when I saw they took H-Scenes out to "appeal to more audiences."

These VNs ain't for kids lol. But seriously, thank you <3

Haha, yeah, also their actual reason for doing it was to "appeal to 12 year old french girls." ... Apparently thats the demographic they think Japanese eroge should appeal to as long as you remove the H-content. :michiru:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's stupid. Almost all French teenagers are really bad in English. 12 year old french girls ? Even 18 year old french girls (and boys) can't even make (or understand) a correct sentence...

In my class last year, we were like 3 people with good understanding of english, 3 with a somewhat good understanding, and the rest was meh.

So, yeah, it's one of the stupidest excuse I've ever seen.

 

Anyway, thanks for your work guys !

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello there !

Though I look happy, I'm kinda depressed right now... I've started reading/playing 4 days ago and finally came to the end of Kotori's route.

I'm like overly attached to the characters and the game right now, so I just wanted to give Ageha's route a try... And here I am, completely depressed after finding out that I can't understand anything that's happening, it's not that I don't understand what's written, but it just makes no sense at all.

So, I was wondering, should I keep playing it or not ? It really has been a turn-off for me. I played some VNs before, but would usually get bored before the end because of the story being just too weird or the art not to my likes. For once, I thought this game was the one, got hyped by Kotori's route, then completely broken by Ageha's.

There's also so much extensions to this game, yet not any of them available for non-japanese readers, it's just sooooooo frustrating... 

 

I love you guys from the depths of my heart, I can't wait for your work to be over, please take my energy ! A(Q v Q)A

Wish I'd be able to read japanese, at least I could be of some help. :/

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most of us can relate to your frustration. When I started playing I chose Ageha first, because back then I didn't really know how bad the translation was. Well, let's just say I realized that pretty soon after my decision. In the end I read the whole route regardless, hoping it would get better later on. Unfortunately it didn't, so if you're still wondering if you should continue, I suggest you find something else to play until the new translation is completed. If you don't want to do that, you can also start another route, but from what I heard and read, all the other ones have quality issues as well. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Noctali said:

Hello there !

Though I look happy, I'm kinda depressed right now... I've started reading/playing 4 days ago and finally came to the end of Kotori's route.

I'm like overly attached to the characters and the game right now, so I just wanted to give Ageha's route a try... And here I am, completely depressed after finding out that I can't understand anything that's happening, it's not that I don't understand what's written, but it just makes no sense at all.

So, I was wondering, should I keep playing it or not ? It really has been a turn-off for me. I played some VNs before, but would usually get bored before the end because of the story being just too weird or the art not to my likes. For once, I thought this game was the one, got hyped by Kotori's route, then completely broken by Ageha's.

There's also so much extensions to this game, yet not any of them available for non-japanese readers, it's just sooooooo frustrating... 

 

I love you guys from the depths of my heart, I can't wait for your work to be over, please take my energy ! A(Q v Q)A

Wish I'd be able to read japanese, at least I could be of some help. :/

 

 

I was in your same exact situation, and I chose to stop reading until the proper translation is done, so I'm actually reading another novel (as you can see from my signature)

8 minutes ago, FabrM said:

 If you don't want to do that, you can also start another route, but from what I heard and read, all the other ones have quality issues as well. :(

I read Kotori's route first and the translation was readable (actually, at the time, I didn't know that the whole translation was messed up, and with Kotori's route I thought there was nothing wrong, maybe I didn't notice because I am not a native english speaker)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be waiting, I don't want to read it unless it's well translated... I don't want the pleasure to be ruined, since it's the first Novel that didn't bore me at all. Guess I'll try reading Grisaia no Kajitsu once again, I had it on hold since months. Thanks for your replies, they're well appreciated !

Also, I've started learning japanese, I can now read all those hiraganas, and I'm currently learning katakanas. It's going to be tough but, well, I'm motivated and it's a lot of fun imo. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to say... (before I forget)

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart to everyone who worked on and are continuing to work on this restoration patch.

Without your hard work and generosity, I wouldn't have gotten into VN's and found this community. Thanks to your hard work I've also been looking into volunteering by English expertise to ensure the writing is grammatically correct.

So if you're ever looking for someone good with English writing to proof read, please consider me as I'd be more than happy to help. ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2015 at 4:26 AM, Pabloc said:

Eh, I barely have enough motivation to work on the main story, so I probably won't touch Sweet Love even with a 10 foot pole. :P
But maybe someone else will pick it up.

I hope this project is still WIP, even just for the main story...

Hopefully there can be a release this year. :vinty:

(I wish I could help but my English is pretty bad...)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still in progress, though I didn't do much lately. I worked on Ageha's route a little and I saw myself how it was translated re-interpreted butchered massacred... no, I don't even know a suitable word for this. It shouldn't take much more effort than Twins' routes though, since even there almost all of the MoeNovelish text was unsalvageable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pabloc said:

It's still in progress, though I didn't do much lately. I worked on Ageha's route a little and I saw myself how it was translated re-interpreted butchered massacred... no, I don't even know a suitable word for this. It shouldn't take much more effort than Twins' routes though, since even there almost all of the MoeNovelish text was unsalvageable.

Original Japanese text is fairly fun but I just don't feel this at all in Moenovel 'translation'.

Are there still two routes outstanding? >_<

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...