Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

How is the project going? I just got the game and did the installation patch. I wandered over here to see how the second version was doing and wondered if I could do anything to help. I can do some animation, and major english grammar and format cleanup. I also know some people who want to translate the game into German. Post back if you know of anything me or my posse could do!

Thanks!

^ The translation and editing are progressing at a slow, but steady pace. There are some issues on the technical side though (hence the partial patch gets delayed forever).

Right now I don't have anything concrete to say, but as soon as everything gets resolved, I'll post some solid updates (in a new thread, dedicated to the Re-Translation patch, this one is quite obsolete).

^ The translation and editing are progressing at a slow, but steady pace. There are some issues on the technical side though (hence the partial patch gets delayed forever).

Right now I don't have anything concrete to say, but as soon as everything gets resolved, I'll post some solid updates (in a new thread, dedicated to the Re-Translation patch, this one is quite obsolete).

Good to hear there is some progress happening, albeit slowly. Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 years of trying to get past the common route, I finally got to Kotori's route - and I have to say, you guys did a terrific job with touching up the writing. Her story came across clean and clear. Really liked it, good job. :)

Looking forward to the next version of the patch.

So... I have a bunch of questions regarding this project. Mainly because I'm starting my own group really.

Anyway, here goes:

• When is the deadline?
  • Is the current patch the same as the one released by MeruP?
  • How far have you come in these 2 years?
  • For what version is this patch? I assume Moenovel.
  • Is the project leader still alive? If not, who took over? If anybody.
  • What are the weekly/monthly requirements?

These are some things I am considering in regards to this novel, be it leaving it in its current state, proposing a joint, or going for a trump.

I know a trump will make me hated in the scene, but some hate for a good TL out soon is worth it for me.

So... I have a bunch of questions regarding this project. Mainly because I'm starting my own group really.

Anyway, here goes:

• When is the deadline?
  • Is the current patch the same as the one released by MeruP?
  • How far have you come in these 2 years?
  • For what version is this patch? I assume Moenovel.
  • Is the project leader still alive? If not, who took over? If anybody.
  • What are the weekly/monthly requirements?

These are some things I am considering in regards to this novel, be it leaving it in its current state, proposing a joint, or going for a trump.

I know a trump will make me hated in the scene, but some hate for a good TL out soon is worth it for me.

Ah I see, do you mind if we discuss some things in private?

No, I don't mind. PM me anytime.

Man you guys made my week! I really hope you guys translate and clean up the story to the glory it deserves because I have enjoyed the game up to about 50% but then the English gets pretty bad. I hope to play this game polished and fixed, thank you for continuing to work on this pabloc! Also I hope you join the forces dragoon!

-Waff1ez

Man you guys made my week! I really hope you guys translate and clean up the story to the glory it deserves because I have enjoyed the game up to about 50% but then the English gets pretty bad. I hope to play this game polished and fixed, thank you for continuing to work on this pabloc! Also I hope you join the forces dragoon!

-Waff1ez

I did, thanks for the support!

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, good luck with the translation effort.

In the meantime, I found something interesting. A Steam user claims to have found an alternate way to apply the patch, which restores the full CG gallery and scene replay. Unfortunately, he requests that you send him a friend invite so he can guide you through it. If anyone here has a copy of If My Heart Had Wings on Steam, could you ask for the process and upload it here, so the rest of us can enjoy a functional CG Gallery and Scene Replay while waiting for the final patch?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=346505653

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Stalin-Chan

First of all, good luck with the translation effort.

In the meantime, I found something interesting. A Steam user claims to have found an alternate way to apply the patch, which restores the full CG gallery and scene replay. Unfortunately, he requests that you send him a friend invite so he can guide you through it. If anyone here has a copy of If My Heart Had Wings on Steam, could you ask for the process and upload it here, so the rest of us can enjoy a functional CG Gallery and Scene Replay while waiting for the final patch?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=346505653

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Stalin-Chan

Judging from the description, most likely he recommends to install my patch, which is for Japanese Konosora version only, or something very close to it.

Although the alternate method can successfully apply the restoration patch to If My Heart Had Wing's & fix issue's/add's content, the way in which it's used can easily be misused & undermine's the entire guide of adding the restoration patch to the if my heart had wing's steam VN.

I think he means that: "Because Meru's patch is for JP version, there won't be a reason for you to buy steam version and the guide will be useless. That's why I'm not gonna post it here"

EDIT: Speaking of that Steam guide. I suggest you not to bother with befriending that dude cause I just released new version of the patch with some enhancement that was commonly requested by users.

Edited by メルP

@メルP

Hey, if you are still keeping your patch updated, maybe you'd like to include the re-translated scripts, too? Dragoon is working on a partial Re-Translation patch, but since it's also only for the JP version (for now), it would be much more efficient to update your patch instead (I suggested him to contact you about this, but I guess he forgot...).

@メルP

Hey, if you are still keeping your patch updated, maybe you'd like to include the re-translated scripts, too? Dragoon is working on a partial Re-Translation patch, but since it's also only for the JP version (for now), it would be much more efficient to update your patch instead (I suggested him to contact you about this, but I guess he forgot...).

It might possible depending on what your scripts looks like. Cause I never received anything from RusAnon and have no clue how he was doing it. Right now I even had hard time compiling my own patch. 5 months was long enough for me to forget how it works. :D

Well, I'm not too familiar with the technical details myself, but I'll tell Dragoon to contact you, if you don't mind. :P

Yeah, sure. I just don't want to give a strictly positive answer in case updating the scripts will require more motivation than I currently have ^^

B-buuut... While we at it. I hope you don't mind if I'll post something here.

Konosora English Translation patch v.1.2.6 (for original Japanese version only)

Notable difference compared to the previous versions: theoretically should work under English locale without any special requirements.

Note the words "theoretically", "should". I don't have motivation to read through it all and check for issues, so don't be surprised if something will happen.

There are NO changes translation-wise. Text is the same as in Restoration 1.0

Please do not report any bugs here (I hope there aren't any left though). Lately I don't read this thread or even forum.

Also notice: Author of the mentioned "guide" known by nickname Stalin-chan is not affiliated with me in any way. I never gave him permission to use anything from my patch and never will. I do not give any support for anything he produces.

My patch is a modification for original 18+ title and has nothing to do with steam.

Recent changelog:

Changes in v1.2.6 (2015-05-16):

• Workaround for SWEET LOVE issues introduced in previous updates.

Changes in v1.2.5 (2015-05-15):

• Patched Konosora no longer requires Japanese locale or time format.

• SaveData folder and files now have different names, old saves will not be available.

• Unlike previous versions, Sweet Love addon should only be installed before this patch.

Changes in v1.2.4 (2015-05-14):

• Made it possible to display 4 lines of text at the same time.

Edited by メルP

Just wondering, the meaning of this thread was to add the H scene right?

I thought we had already a fan patch for that? Am I wrong? What are you actually working on, I don't really understand since there is already a patch (I think).

Just wondering, the meaning of this thread was to add the H scene right?

I thought we had already a fan patch for that? Am I wrong? What are you actually working on, I don't really understand since there is already a patch (I think).

Guest Gurluas

Any news on a Steam compatible patch?

I'd be happy just getting the current one but with H-scenes and compatible with Steam.

@メルP

Sure, I don't mind. This thread is a bit cluttered though, so I'll be making a new one - dedicated to the Re-Translation patch - as soon as we have something to release. It would be the best if we kept all patches in one place, considering how current messy situation is confusing for people, with restoration patch, your patch, some dubious(?) Steam-fixes and whatnot.

@Gurluas

Since RusAnon left, we don't have anyone who feels like messing with Steam, so unfortunately there are no plans for any Steam-patches. At least not right now - this may change if someone interested in making such patch joins our team.