ur top anime from the last 5 years

Guilty Crown

White Album 2 

Psycho Pass

Aldnoah.Zero

Zetsuen no Tempest

The first four are pretty solid and I doubt will change, the last one is up for contest. I can't really say I have "favorites" as I just don't feel it most of the time. However, I love Guilty Crown and White Album 2, Psycho Pass and Aldnoah aren't on that status but a bit below, still really like them though. The rest of the animeme that I would consider for "favorite" are older so they are out of this thread. Zankyou no Terror or Selector Infected would probably be the other anime in contest with Zetusne no Tempest, not 100% sure though. 

2 minutes ago, Rooke said:

I've read the (really shoddy fan) translations of the LNs but have held off watching the anime because people keep telling me the pacing's been ruined and a lot of information is skipped over. Is this true?

Dunno, as I didn't read the LNs.  I just sat back and enjoyed the anime.

8 minutes ago, Rooke said:

I've read the (really shoddy fan) translations of the LNs but have held off watching the anime because people keep telling me the pacing's been ruined and a lot of information is skipped over. Is this true?

I've read a bit of the manga and watched like 12ish episodes of the anime, but dropped it. I just couldn't really get invested in any of the characters, not sure if the light novels had any deeper characterization.

My favorites:

One Piece. The Marineford arc reached its peak during the beginning of 2011.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

Hyouka

Oregairu

Fate/Zero

HunterXHunter remake

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Magi

Sakurasou

Guilty Crown

Naruto Shippuuden - Fuck the amount of fillers though.

Honorable mention to Seitokai Yakuindono. It was end of 2010. The sequel and OVAs wasn't on par with the first season.