Are Majikoi side routes worth it?

akaritan

I enjoyed Chika's route. There's also actually some "continuity"/reference of it on one of the A-discs (I think it was A-3) where

Spoiler

she becomes your fuck buddy.

Of course, that one doesn't stick for too long and only shows that Yamato is actually an adult now, otherwise she would have her own After Story route on that A-disc. There is however a special ending with her in that same A-disc where 

Spoiler

she gets pregnant

23 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

If you feel tired of a VN in general, it's good to take a break and come back after a few days. The text is not going to run away and you'll have much more fun this way.

Yeah I agree with you, when I start to lose interest in a VN I'm reading, I read something else for a change of pace then come back to it.

4 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

In my opinion, you should skip through everything but the Agave route. That one has a great story to it. The other ones you should just skip through to complete the CGs.

Also the Agave route has a continuation on Majikoi S too...I know I know a lot of people dislike S, i personally while i know it's a bit inferior when put up against the original still see a lot of value and greatness in it.

Just now, DarkZedge said:

Also the Agave route has a continuation on Majikoi S too...I know I know a lot of people dislike S, i personally while i know it's a bit inferior when put up against the original still see a lot of value and greatness in it.

S doesn't have much greatness to it. They butchered the after stories pretty badly, same with Margit's route, and there was only one fun route to play and two decent ones. It's like they knew people would buy S anyways so they stopped trying.

5 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

S doesn't have much greatness to it. They butchered the after stories pretty badly, same with Margit's route, and there was only one fun route to play and two decent ones. It's like they knew people would buy S anyways so they stopped trying.

Well i still like it :amane: i do realize i'm the oddball here but i like S even though nowhere near as much as the original

You actually don't have to read any of the side routes to understand Agave. The only one I personally enjoyed reading was Kazama's. It's the only side route that I think holds up to the quality of the main routes.

Chica's and Gakuto's routes are okayish if you like their characters. I like Moro as a side character, but not so much when he's a focal point. I ended up dropping his route because of how moody and depressing it was.

I kinda skipped out on the other routes since I was tired of side routes at that point. Sheesh, it even put me out of the mood for Mayo's route. Although now that I'm thinking about it again, maybe I should get back to that...