Conjueror's Untranslated Visual Novel Tournament [Discussion]

Maxel

You know what it really down to? Key fans versus TM fans. (yes, I know WA2 isn't by Key)

That aside, I'll be firmly in the Mahoya camp despite generally liking both styles. :makina: There's already enough drama VNs out there, and not enough of Nasu's style (I'd call it Chuuni, but that's not really accurate - at least when it comes to Mahoyo).

2 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I think a lot of long time followers of the tournament would constantly harass Conjueror if that happened based on the last match of White Album 2 vs. Mahoyo.

I mean, the whole thing is completely fine considering the rules but still... TM is kinda unfair.

2 minutes ago, Rose said:

I mean, the whole thing is completely fine considering the rules but still... TM is kinda unfair.

There were no rules against sharing the poll so I don't see the problem. I did want White Album to make it further, but Mahoyo is another VN I want to play. Both are being translated and both have problems with those translations which is why I'd like to see both, but the likely outcome is we'll either see Mahoyo, Dies Irae, or Muramasa win the tournament. Sorry @CeruleanGamer, even if Baldr beats Muramasa, it wouldn't be able to handle the Type Moon fans or Dies Irae.

25 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

There were no rules against sharing the poll so I don't see the problem. I did want White Album to make it further, but Mahoyo is another VN I want to play. Both are being translated and both have problems with those translations which is why I'd like to see both, but the likely outcome is we'll either see Mahoyo, Dies Irae, or Muramasa win the tournament. Sorry @CeruleanGamer, even if Baldr beats Muramasa, it wouldn't be able to handle the Type Moon fans or Dies Irae.

Whoever wins, all I can say is fuck Type Moon fans and fuck Dies Irae fans. :wahaha: #Baldr4life

Well, if the tournament is to determine which VNs all westerners want translated most, "anything Type-Moon" is a pretty fair winner, their fan base unmistakably dwarfs all others, to the extent where I have no doubt in my mind that both Mahoyo and Fate/Extra CCC have more demand than even the seeded ringers like Baldr Sky and DIes irae. And they'd probably sell way better, too (if CCC was ported to PC, that is).

there is nothing new there, is like saying that age has a big community supporting it and a huge fan base here in the west (if making more than a million dollars wasnt enough proof already), some people even liked the anime and that's a lot to say...

If I were Type-moon I would kickstart the shit out of all my games  xD yes it would be a shitty thing to do but hey why not, everyone else is doing it...

4 hours ago, Down said:

Yes but now we can sit back and look at the TM fans tearing at each others to figure out if they want Mahoyo or CCC. And they're pretty mad:

It will definitely be fun to watch.

Between them though, Mahoyo is definitely the superior one.

Worry not boys, AFAIK due to TYPE-MOON only fanatics security measures were undertaken, so the tournament won't be sabotaged. And I think that's fair, T-M fans will get their own fight with the winner of our "pleb VN" tournament xD

iWJZzNy.png

So Ayoku no Eustia is getting another chance against White Album 2 now? That should be interesting since both lost with 42% to 58% against Mahoyo. Well I'm rooting for Eustia of course.

Still, in the end it will probably come down to that either Dies Irae or Baldr Sky is allowed to loose against... Fate/Extra CCC?!

I wonder if the Type-Moon fans that joined later on are really aware that this is just a fun contest and they will neither get Mahoyo nor Fate/Extra CCC even if they'll win.

6 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

So Ayoku no Eustia is getting another chance against White Album 2 now? That should be interesting since both lost with 42% to 58% against Mahoyo. Well I'm rooting for Eustia of course.

Still, in the end it will probably come down to that either Dies Irae or Baldr Sky is allowed to loose against... Fate/Extra CCC?!

I wonder if the Type-Moon fans that joined later on are really aware that this is just a fun contest and they will neither get Mahoyo nor Fate/Extra CCC even if they'll win.

I highly doubt a lot of them know that fact. They probably think that this tournament's winner is gonna translated for sure when nothing is confirmed to come out of this tournament other than the secret project.