Conjueror's Untranslated Visual Novel Tournament [Discussion]

Maxel

personally i found its visuals to be quite fitting the rather dark & fairly depressing plot due to their contradictionary nature which further emphasizes the pretty melancholic read, especially in those parts which are nothing but surreal at best, somehow reminding me at the ones from kusarihime.

anyway back to topic, though there are few stories which are thematizing similar issues like cross channel, yume miru etc, of which the western scene is quite fond of, i simply cant see them all going full kyun over a story of totally broken/addicted people only, when there isnt a huge hmm lets call it entertainment factor.
admitted if one totally shuts down oneselfs mind whilst reading said novel than its going to be a fun ride, but yeah, to most people or rather for those with a functionable limbic system it will be more of a educational read.

edit: from an economical point of view i cant see mg (or whoever) decide on churning out one niche & therefore less profitable tiltle after another, as sad as that may sound.

edit2: i´m weird so dont follow my logic. much appreciated

20 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

I'm still amazed on how everyone voted sakura no uta when probably nobody yet played subarashiki "sca-ji's masterpiece"(many many of the people who read it said that they didnt understand a lot of the plot but because scaji is a genius is a 10/10 vn, so yeah is masterpiece just because..or going as far to say "SCA-Ji is far more intelligent than anyone reading this blog entry, including myself." lol) or any of the sca-ji's vns in that matter and the only fully translated vn available that can tell you a bit of his writing is ikikoi which i dare you to say is a masterpiece...

Is there any 'longerish' post in which you explain why don't you liked Subahibi much? All I read was a super-positive views of different people and would like to read something not so superlative. ;)

30 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Is there any 'longerish' post in which you explain why don't you liked Subahibi much? All I read was a super-positive views of different people and would like to read something not so superlative. ;)

there is, it was in the what are you playing section (I think xd ) i talked it a bit with xreaper and other user if im not mistaken 

Ugh, Eustia versus Tsuritso - that's a hard one. Two visual novels which are on my top ten list I absolutely have to read. Eustia is arguably August's best VN with a great medieval fantasy scenario. But Tsuriotsu has Luna, the ultimate kami heroine who won the Getchu character award three years in a row. Well I hope both finish first and second, I don't really care about the order. I want to see both getting translated.

Still, I guess Eustia will finish first because it's longer around and a lot of people, including me, want to see the fan translation get finished and the August curse finally get lifted. Though, I'd have to vote for Tsuriotsu or I'll get trouble with my waifu. lol

voted for itsusora, because i´d seriously love seeing how anyone could manage transmutating shumon´s way of telling stories into comprehensable english, WITHOUT killing off its essence, or turning its presentation into nvl mode technical-wise so everything fits the screen. anyway this is going to be a pretty horrendeous task if someone non so sane might decide on doing said title, despite its overall greatness, especially when trying to transmit the feelings of dying btw. goes into detail what happens when after what and how, like in an almost pathological way btw brutally calculative. great stuff indeed, so lets hope for a miracle.

basically saying this undertaking is doomed from the get go, if non spending awhole lot of ressources on hiring only the best ones staff-wise, very well versed in both english & japanese to ensure the task is properly taken care of, yeah as if that´d happen anytime soon & even if... :/

1 hour ago, Maxel said:

Feedback appreciated, which version looks best in your opinion guys? Should I change something?

For me it would be version A if the red boxes are changed. The bold black text on green background is very good to read, but the red color is so dark that I can barely read the text in it. With the red color, white text would be much easier to see. Or change the red color to something brighter like yellow or orange.

32 minutes ago, Down said:

?

Conjueror is already making the brackets on his blog though?

Ya, but it probably won't include pretty colors and counted votes. I like statistics, so :D I'll do some interesting infographs after group stages and after tourney will end.

I want Saihate no Ima more than the others. It's from the writer for Cross Channel (and Rewrite), and I'd like a romance/friendship story that isn't so straightforward, because I've been reading lots of straightforward drivel lately. I like the straightforward drivel, but I need something good to spice things up.

IOoKIaQ.png

Nothing unexpected, R.I.P Bullet Butlers.

As for the current poll, the feeling when you want 3 games to pass, and obly 2 can do it, and you can vote for only 1... In the end voted for Senshinkan, I would also be happy if Saihate would pass, or maybe Evenicle(one of a few titles from Alicesoft I would be a bit hyped about)

I look forward to the inevitable bright future where all of these works have been fully translated and officially released into English. :illya:

I personally want for either Akagoei, Dies Irae, Sakuuta (of course, Sca-ji is my favorite eroge writer FOR PERSONAL REASONS BTW), or a retranslation of Cross+Channel (because it really needs one) to win this, so I voted primarily for those with my utmost spirit.

But seriously Akagoei is the greatest masterpiece of our time, I wholeheartedly desire for it to win this tournament. KAITO'S FORCE could have it.

52 minutes ago, Ayana said:

I look forward to the inevitable bright future where all of these works have been fully translated and officially released into English. :illya:

I personally want for either Akagoei, Dies Irae, Sakuuta (of course, Sca-ji is my favorite eroge writer FOR PERSONAL REASONS BTW), or a retranslation of Cross+Channel (because it really needs one) to win this, so I voted primarily for those with my utmost spirit.

But seriously Akagoei is the greatest masterpiece of our time, I wholeheartedly desire for it to win this tournament. KAITO'S FORCE could have it.

That'd be quite the future indeed. Then again, VNs would have to make a lot of money here in the west to have those translated and brought over here.

I think from the current votig group Soushuu Senshinkan would be the only title I'm interested in. Though to be honest, taking Dies Irae aside, from Light's titles I would prefer Silverio Vendetta over that one. But Silverio Vendetta already ended up in a disastrous 4th place. Probably too new, so the name wasn't popular enough yet.

Makes me wonder why people are hyping so much over Sakura no Uta instead, considering it looks more like school life moege Ikikoi 2 - Boredom Reloaded. Silverio Vendetta looks far more interesting and is also highly rated. People complain that they just get run of the mill school life VN's the whole time, but if they actually get the choice they vote it over and over again.