What upcoming translation projects are you most looking forward to?

shadowolf64

None :makina:

VN's I'd like to read will never get an english translation, but I'm slowly tackling japanese myself, so it's not a biggie anymore.

After I saw some fan translation groups' attitude towards translating, I lost hope in most of them.... (Golden example: Hi guys, we translated 5 new lines these past 3 months, so here's the new update)

I'd turn into an old lady and have a dozen kids before I see most of my favorite untranslated visual novels translated. It's definitely better to learn Japanese. Heck, it's something new to add to my resume/credentials. I'm pretty sure I can net a better job now being fluent in 4 languages if I ever need to find one.

Do to the frequency of fan projects being delayed/cancled and official localizations that can end up with horrible translations..... or delayed months after their release date, I try to keep myself in the dark when it comes to translation projects in general. So I can be nicely surprised, instead of agonizing with the dreaded "want" over long periods of time.

Well I was keeping a close eye on translations a while back, would check for news for every two days. But the waiting is painful, especially if you're into it and you want it at that moment. And then if the translation projects fades away, they are canceled or key members who are doing the translation are missing, you feel disappointed and you kinda cool down after a while. So I rarely follow the progress closely these days, so I get positively surprised when I see that some huge progress is made or project is successful.

The ones that I'm aware are in translation work and looking forward to are:

Akatsuki no Goei
Amagami
Amairo*Islenauts
Clover Day's
Fortune Arterial
Ikusa Megami Zero
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki
Yoake Mae
Muv Luv Total Eclipse

Hyped a shit ton for Root Double. 

Besides that I am looking forward to Euphoria and Mangagamer's Higurashi and Umineko releases on Steam. Higurashi CH2 hasn't been out for 4 months or something now. :/

If one would count Zero Escape 3 as a translation, then that's pretty much at the top of every wishlist I will ever make. Never been so hyped for a game. 

Official: Bokuten (yes, I'm the one lone bastard that is waiting for this), Clannad (No valid string, please make a ticket about it) and Seinarukana (get your ass moving Jast).

Sadly it's getting harder and harder to keep the hype going for fan translations because many of them end up not seeing the light of day.

Looks like Noble Works might actually be done soon though so that is something to look forward to.

i will look forward to:

da capo 3,seinarukana,grisaia (the other game), kimi no rapsody (eushully game) and kimi ga nozomu eien

i want to look forward to root double but i want to read foothills of the sand..... i will read the review before i look forward 2......

edit: also looking forward to baldr sky

Edited by wyldstrykr
forgot another 1 to look forward 2

Officially, I'm happy for pretty much everything. Therefore I shan't name anything.

Of the unofficial sort, I am looking forward to a good number.

• Amairo*Islenauts
  • Clover Day's
  • Fortune Arterial
  • Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki
  • Noble Works

You can probably notice some vestiges of a very slight company bias I tried my damnedest to erase. Apologies.

There's also two Tenshin Ranman translations in progress right now.

Never too much of Yuzusoft :D I hope we'll get at least "some" infos soon about all the projects announced by SP on AEX/OTA, it's been couple months, and we're still in dark hole.

Anyway, dunnno why people are listing Baldr here, I also want it so bad "TOP 1 for now on my list I guess..." but it's not being translated... We could really get some good RPGs/VNs from Eushully/Giga :(

@edit

SP also posted on their tumblr/twitter or reddit, that they need dev approval to post translation progress, what the hell? What about MG then?

Edited by Maxel

• 2 months later...