What are you playing?

I'm re-reading ef right now during my current quest to play all of the translated Minori games one after the other, now that eden is coming out very soon. Well, there's only going to be three, so it's not a difficult quest. Anyways, I'm on the Chihiro chapter and the production values are really striking. I noticed it a little when I first read it, but it was one of the first VNs I've read so it didn't strike me as too unusual. But man, they really threw a hell of a lot of money into the art budget, didn't they? I also like how every chapter has a different soundtrack befitting its mood. That one Chihiro h-scene probably had as much budget as many entire nukige.

I have to know if the Gremlins reference in the beginning of chapter 4 is in the original script. I mean, freaking Gremlins?? 

I do not, sorry. Mediafire is really reliable in my experience, however.

Trigger Happy Havoc - its interesting but seems more Killer Queen-ish than 999 at the moment for me but I'm still on Chapter 1

Sometimes I find it a bit weird when some characters 'talk' but their speech sample is completely different to what the text says.

Monokuma is hilarious though :D

Trigger Happy Havoc - its interesting but seems more Killer Queen-ish than 999 at the moment for me but I'm still on Chapter 1

Sometimes I find it a bit weird when some characters 'talk' but their speech sample is completely different to what the text says.

The first DanganRonpa isn't anything mindblowing, but comparing it to something as bad as Killer Queen is downright insulting. :D

Stick with it, it has some nice ideas. And then read the sequel, it's better in pretty much every single way.

EDIT:

Yui's route wasn't the last route in Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete! No! NO! There was one more... and a new OP... and even after that one more entire route, and it's going through that exact same slice of life again and again and again... someone help me, I'm dying. This isn't a VN, this is a torture tool. ;_;

Just wait, danganronpa is on a different level than killer queen and 999 if you ask me, and 2 is great.

Finally finishing up the last route in Hoshimemo (not quite sure if it technically counts as a spoiler, so I'll just try to be safe anyway).  Thank God for the skip function. I forgot just how much text is in the beginning.  Strangely, I've never encountered the problem with the skip function where it skips both read and unread text; actually tested that myself, in fact, and it just advanced the text normally if I hadn't read it yet.

Also, just wanted to check: is the last route the shortest, in terms of lines?  I've heard that it's pretty short, but I'd like to know for sure.  I don't think I can take another long-ish route in Hoshimemo without dropping it for a while again and just moving to something else.

Finally finishing up the last route in Hoshimemo (not quite sure if it technically counts as a spoiler, so I'll just try to be safe anyway). Thank God for the skip function. I forgot just how much text is in the beginning. Strangely, I've never encountered the problem with the skip function where it skips both read and unread text; actually tested that myself, in fact, and it just advanced the text normally if I hadn't read it yet.

Also, just wanted to check: is the last route the shortest, in terms of lines? I've heard that it's pretty short, but I'd like to know for sure. I don't think I can take another long-ish route in Hoshimemo without dropping it for a while again and just moving to something else.

'Last' route is about 1200 lines compared to everybody else's 5000-7000.

Crap you got me before my edit xD

But yeah I wouldn't consider that to be a spoiler.

Spoiler would be (Hoshi Memo spoilers)

Yume.

I've had people spoil things for me before, and I've done it myself, so I don't want to do it again.  Considering that it's not hidden in the walkthrough, though, it should be safe to say that Mare has a route.

Edited your post that I quoted, since you edited yours  :P

Finally, finally done with Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete. I think I've complained about it here enough before, so just to sum it up into two sentences, it felt something like this:

"What, you didn't like that endless slice-of-life with boring jokes and flat characters? No worries, we will repeat it again, and again, and again and again until you do!"

This might've came out a bit too soon after S;G to be true, but it honestly just felt like a very poor attempt at cashing in on its ideas, since it just tried to do what Steins;Gate did - but they failed horribly at every single thing. If I had to compare this VN to something else, I'd say it felt like Muv Luv Extra. Imagine you were promised more, but nor Unlimited, neither Alternative ever came out. It just felt like Extra on its own.

Final rating? 5/10

Completed Soukoku no Arterial (untranslated)

It's a Eushully vn with gameplay elements. This game takes a somewhat special twist on the gameplay, you play a card game. I found it surprisingly good and addictive. It's not so advanced longer into the game. Never the less enjoyable.

The plot revolves around a group of students that fall into another world (Waibin Sekai). The story is about the group of students and their struggle to survive in that world and about the different factions at war in the world.

Now why did I enjoy this vn...
I found the world and the characters interesting. The protag is intelligent and changes in the different routes. The story branches off in the 4th chapter when you can choose which side to stick to. Humans, Devils or Angels. You get to see different sides of the factions from each route. Also you get different clues to the story from each route completing your picture of the story.

Each character felt alive as they have their opinions and thoughts about the situation. Individually some of the characters don't develop so much as others. I found that fine as there is so many of them..

I suppose my favorite route was the Demon route. It was darker, but a required route to complete the story imo.

The adventure of their battles in the Waibin Sekai was fun to read. Despite it's length I didn't have much problem to pour hours into this. I approximately used something like ~90 hours or so. Well spent imo haha. Hardly ever did I feel bored.

Just wait, danganronpa is on a different level than killer queen and 999 if you ask me, and 2 is great.

999 was amazing IMO (admittedly that was probably the first true VN I ever read apart from Phoenix Wright, if that counts), KQ was all right but failed in quite a few areas. I hope DR 1 is good then I can get the sequel for my birthday :)

Just finished Mare's route and 100%'d Hoshimemo.  Her route was, to say the least, rather disappointing.  It felt like it was an afterthought that was added in just to make sure they attracted enough loli fans.  From what I've heard, her route is added upon in the fandisc, but just counting what was in the original VN, it was, without a doubt, my least favorite route (not counting Isuzu's, since I skipped it).  Felt really barebones, and, of course, was ludicrously short.

Finally, finally done with Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete. I think I've complained about it here enough before, so just to sum it up into two sentences, it felt something like this:

"What, you didn't like that endless slice-of-life with boring jokes and flat characters? No worries, we will repeat it again, and again, and again and again until you do!"

This might've came out a bit too soon after S;G to be true, but it honestly just felt like a very poor attempt at cashing in on its ideas, since it just tried to do what Steins;Gate did - but they failed horribly at every single thing. If I had to compare this VN to something else, I'd say it felt like Muv Luv Extra. Imagine you were promised more, but nor Unlimited, neither Alternative ever came out. It just felt like Extra on its own.

Final rating? 5/10

I remember looking at this, but then I read the description:

"The story takes place during the final school festival in the old school. All the club leaders decide to give it their all to make this the best school festival."

"Suddenly, the building shakes. Shocked, he runs up the stairs to where the shaking seems to have centered, and there he encounters a mysterious naked girl, whom at first appears to know him. On the next day this girl, Yui, seeks out the astronomy club, expressing her desire to join."

This sounded like it would become a great high school drama story with a little sci-fi touch

no thank you!  ^_^ (Still too bad it didn't unexpectedly turn out to be super nice and mind fuck after all  :ph34r:)