What are you playing?

I just finished G-sensou no Maou. Guys, do you have something similar to recommend? :)

No, not really. There's not a lot that's similar to g-senjou, to be honest. That sort of mind-bendy crime thriller type story isn't all that common for VNs. There are some VNs with similar aspects, though, such as Sharin no Kuni (written by the same author). If you like suspense with plot twists, there's Higurashi and Umineko from 07th Expansion, Higurashi is more metaphysical while Umineko is a murder mystery. 

If i remember well, Noah have some extended routes and endings for every heroine.

Yep, after you get the normal ending, every heroine gets a route - which is the main reason why I'm re-reading C;H in the first place. Really curious how some of these will even work out... I'm looking forward to Sena's in particular because Sena is awesome, but how Yua's will work out is completely beyond me. Rimi also seems to have a route of her own in spite of the normal and good endings, which is awesome. <3

Just finished chapter 9 in Chaos;Head. Finally, some explanations! I didn't see some of them coming though.

What the hell, Suwa?!

Also, Sena's mother's death was quite... scary. That makes me like Sena even more though. Definitely best girl.

I know, right? She's the main reason why I'm re-reading Noah, can't wait for her route. <3

I finished my first route in Kira Kira.

I don't know if this VN does what it does quite as well as other VNs do, but everything it does do seems tailor-made to appeal to me. 

I mean, I grew up as a punk-rock kid playing in a shitty punk-rock band; all of my greatest memories are from being on the stage, and music is a huge part of who I am. This VN hits those notes, and it also hits on the nostalgia of growing up.

That, and

the fact that the heroine died in a fire, and the MC has to learn to deal with that. I'm a burn victim, so I am pretty sensitive to topics involving fire, and I'm also just personally extremely sensitive to anything involving the separation of two people in love.

Needless to say, I was crying my goddamn eyes out when Shikanosuke was introducing that last song... It was such an upbeat moment, but it hit me so fucking hard. I felt it, too. I felt myself, right there, in that moment.

I'm still reeling a little bit.

I don't know if I'm going to get much sleep tonight.

A few months ago, Decay let me walk right into that without any warning. And I really, really appreciate him for doing that. 

I want to hate this route. I tried to really hard, but I couldn't. It's not the story I wanted to be told, but it's a fantastic story nonetheless.

I'm glad you found KiraKira to be an experience worth your time. Rest a bit, you swallowed the biggest pill in the bottle.

Ugh, while the delusions themselves are interesting, the delusion trigger system was fucking bullshit, " Oh yeah click this little tiny red or green dot in the corner to trigger something" it was fucking retarded and if you didnt pay close attention to the screen you would miss it.

I must agree with that as well if you're not paying anough attention it's really easy to miss them but the song it's making when there is a dellusion helps me a lot so it's ok ^^

Yep, after you get the normal ending, every heroine gets a route - which is the main reason why I'm re-reading C;H in the first place. Really curious how some of these will even work out... I'm looking forward to Sena's in particular because Sena is awesome, but how Yua's will work out is completely beyond me. Rimi also seems to have a route of her own in spite of the normal and good endings, which is awesome. <3

I suppose Noah isn't translated? (to bad I suck at Japenese  )

I suppose Noah isn't translated? (to bad I suck at Japenese  )

Unfortunately it isn't. :(

Also, I don't know if this is happening to me only because this is my second time reading it, but I have to admit that most of the negative delusions and Takumi's reactions to things in general are (unintentionally?) comedy gold. :D I seriously can't stop laughing at some of those, this is just so good. :D

That narration in the hospital delusion. :D

"She was known as the Devil woman, even her parents called her that way." /dies  :lol:

Remember to give us a run-down of the routes once you have read it. Us translated-only people who can't even hope to read C;H Noah.

Remember to give us a run-down of the routes once you have read it. Us translated-only people who can't even hope to read C;H Noah.

I will, I'll also take screens of any noteworthy CGs. :)

By the way, I have a question about the original VN. In chapter 3 (Shogun),

after the scene where Takumi gets up in the middle of the night and posts at @chan as Shogun - is the PSP emulator just breaking the VN, or does that post randomly show up in scene transitions? I honestly can't decide whether the emulator is broken or if this is intentional.

Completed Re:birth Colony -Lost Azurite-

I felt the prologue/common route was nicely done. introduced you to the setting and had a lot of interesting aspects to the world.The Feudal system, how it came to be and how it worked. Living in the city and the nobles and the AI's control over the city. The sci-fi setting was cool imo. The characters personalities come from to their environment they were born in.  You see this come into
play with the feudal setting..

The endings often easily wrapped up conclusion imo, I'd prefer if there was more bad things happening. I suppose they did it to have happy endings. Due to the fact there is a true route. Most of the story is connected to that. Rather than really branching out to other things. Would be fun with 4 true routes. Still the other routes was enjoyable as well.

I liked all of the main characters. Sobbed at some of the endings. ;__; Azurite best girl btw :D

No idea what kind of sprite system they used. But the sprites have a lot of different face and eye expression. Often you only needed to look at the other characters to see what they thought. Voice, bgm and art was all good imo.

My end score is 8/10. Kind of some parts I felt mixed about. But overall it was a enjoyable ride.

I will, I'll also take screens of any noteworthy CGs. :)

By the way, I have a question about the original VN. In chapter 3 (Shogun),

after the scene where Takumi gets up in the middle of the night and posts at @chan as Shogun - is the PSP emulator just breaking the VN, or does that post randomly show up in scene transitions? I honestly can't decide whether the emulator is broken or if this is intentional.

Nope it doesn't. I wasn't sure though(you never know ...... it's C;H afterall), so I went and checked in the game and it's not there.

Though I happened to pick an earlier save by mistake and saw that hospital scene where the Nurse gives us a form to fill out which is by Nozomi. So I was wondering what was the meaning behind the form. The most apparent one is that it was one of the ways Nozomi was searching for Gigalomaniacs, though it would be good if someone could confirm. And I doubt that making different choices in that form actually changes anything, it doesn't right ?

Nope it doesn't. I wasn't sure though(you never know ...... it's C;H afterall), so I went and checked in the game and it's not there.

Though I happened to pick an earlier save by mistake and saw that hospital scene where the Nurse gives us a form to fill out which is by Nozomi. So I was wondering what was the meaning behind the form. The most apparent one is that it was one of the ways Nozomi was searching for Gigalomaniacs, though it would be good if someone could confirm. And I doubt that making different choices in that form actually changes anything, it doesn't right ?

More C;H spoilers

Huh... even if this is a mistake on the emulator's part, it's an oddly fitting one. o.O

As for that form, I was looking into a guide earlier to see how the routes actually work, an it seems like that the only thing the form does is give you a TIPS entry on your second playthrough - a gigalomaniac one if you pick 'Yes' for every question and a... uh, not sure if this Japanese slang has an English equivalent, but it basically means 'a person satisfied with their real (offline) life' if you pick 'No' everywhere. Story wise it doesn't seem to change anything. As for plot relevance, yeah, I think you answered yourself. :)

Unfortunately it isn't. :(

Also, I don't know if this is happening to me only because this is my second time reading it, but I have to admit that most of the negative delusions and Takumi's reactions to things in general are (unintentionally?) comedy gold. :D I seriously can't stop laughing at some of those, this is just so good. :D

That narration in the hospital delusion. :D

"She was known as the Devil woman, even her parents called her that way." /dies  :lol:

To bad I'll have to learn japanese someday ^^

No you're not the only one even if it's the first time I'm reading the VN I find them really really fun so much that I wonder how one man could possibly think like Takumi :D (I'm probably not enough of an Otaku to understand :P )

also liked kiraris route in kirakira the most.

although it was really tragical, i definitely prefer the normal ending over the good one. it somehow felt more realistic & I liked how the protag struggled following her death and regained his composure.

edit: compared to others i must say that this vn has a high amount of likeble characters, even the old gremlin in sarinas route after you know what he went through.

Edited by Down
SPOILEEEEEERS ;_;

Just finished eden. There's not a lot to be discussed about this one, it's really straightforward. Overall, I didn't like it a whole lot. Maybe it was too straightforward. I also couldn't bring myself to like Ryou and Sion, they were both very boring characters, and Ryou's personal character arc wasn't very interesting for me. The production values are high so it's a nice and shiny VN, I understand that alone is enough to raise its average ratings on sites like VNDB, but I kind of don't understand the praise it was receiving by people like Clephas prior to its english release.

Just reached a strange part in CC where everything got distorted...I think it's safe to say that I'm intrigued.  Seemed like a typical slice-of-life at first, but I guess that's normal.

Man, it must have been a bitch to translate, considering all of the intentional mistakes and weird word combinations going on.  Pretty impressed with the translation so far.