What are you playing?

A few months ago, Decay let me walk right into that without any warning. And I really, really appreciate him for doing that. 

I want to hate this route. I tried to really hard, but I couldn't. It's not the story I wanted to be told, but it's a fantastic story nonetheless.

I'm glad you found KiraKira to be an experience worth your time. Rest a bit, you swallowed the biggest pill in the bottle.

Okay, that's good to know, because

if every route is just as emotionally intense as this one was, then I would have to take a break from it. I had to work today and I had to actively keep myself from thinking about it while there, because every time I did, the tears started coming back.

After thinking about it,

I do think it's totally crazy that this is generally going to be everyone's first route playing this VN. I mean, it seems like the way to go, right? You generally start on with the character that the game seems to be pushing the hardest before moving on to your favorite character, and Kirari definitely fit the bill. It's just that usually in VNs, that route is also the most simply resolved one. NOT THE CASE HERE AT ALL. (This statement is being made without the context of the having finished the other routes, but I highly doubt any of them are going to be quite like this one was.)

Just reached a strange part in CC where everything got distorted...I think it's safe to say that I'm intrigued.  Seemed like a typical slice-of-life at first, but I guess that's normal.

Man, it must have been a bitch to translate, considering all of the intentional mistakes and weird word combinations going on.  Pretty impressed with the translation so far.

From what I hear though, the translation absolutely butchered most, if not all, of the original style. It's definitely one of the examples where the translation hurt the VN a lot, since I've numerous times heard about how good the writing in CC was - yet the TL didn't really leave any impression on me at all, other than being decent. Very unfortunate, though at least it's still very much readable, which can't be said about some other 'translations'. :D

Just reached a strange part in CC where everything got distorted...I think it's safe to say that I'm intrigued.  Seemed like a typical slice-of-life at first, but I guess that's normal.

Man, it must have been a bitch to translate, considering all of the intentional mistakes and weird word combinations going on.  Pretty impressed with the translation so far.

Don't get your hopes up, this scene is a huge troll. There aren't any mind screws in CC.

I wouldn't call it a troll at all. There are like one or two "mind screws" but that's not the point of the story at all so the lack of additional ones isn't a negative. I think it sets the scene very well and creates an interesting setting for these broken people to interact within.

Okay, that's good to know, because

if every route is just as emotionally intense as this one was, then I would have to take a break from it. I had to work today and I had to actively keep myself from thinking about it while there, because every time I did, the tears started coming back.

I stay by my previous statement. If you want to know a little bit more, read underneath. Don't worry, I remain vague (mainly, because I suck at communicating, jeez).

The issues the other two girls have/had to face, are still more serious and real than the common relationship problems of other novels, but it's nowhere near as depressing and sad as Kirari's route.

I have a tough time actually putting it into words...  Serious, but still nice and happy, but without going too far into either direction.

... If that makes any sense to you.

Recommending Chie, since I like her a lot and because she sticks out, in the clichéd sea of 08/15 childhood friends.

After thinking about it,

I do think it's totally crazy that this is generally going to be everyone's first route playing this VN. I mean, it seems like the way to go, right? You generally start on with the character that the game seems to be pushing the hardest before moving on to your favorite character, and Kirari definitely fit the bill. It's just that usually in VNs, that route is also the most simply resolved one. NOT THE CASE HERE AT ALL.

Up until the apartment scene, I thought to myself; "Well, she must be somewhere, they can't do that." and after that scene, something like "it was all a dream!" would've been an insult. There was no going back from that point and everyone knew it.

I still can't believe that is what happens in the story. It's been months since I've read it, we are discussing it right now and I still can't believe it.

What a twist.

"Spoiler-Spoiler as in; It would spoil something huge for you"

There is a true route, unlocked after reading the other three. It's basically a variation of Kirari's route and takes a different path after the fire. I didn't like it that much, because the the script couldn't hold up to the original.

It's canon though, in case you're interested in Deaddrops or Curtain Call.

From what I hear though, the translation absolutely butchered most, if not all, of the original style. It's definitely one of the examples where the translation hurt the VN a lot, since I've numerous times heard about how good the writing in CC was - yet the TL didn't really leave any impression on me at all, other than being decent. Very unfortunate, though at least it's still very much readable, which can't be said about some other 'translations'. :D

Yeah, admittedly I am only getting one side of it, since I can't actually read Japanese because I'm a lazy bum that can't be bothered to learn it.  Still, though...even from what I'm reading, it doesn't look like it would be that easy to translate, so if it was more complicated, I could understand why they kinda dropped the ball on it a little bit.  Too bad that even decent translations can butcher the writing; things like that make me want to learn Japanese, but then I remember I don't have time...*sigh*

Don't get your hopes up, this scene is a huge troll. There aren't any mind screws in CC.

I wouldn't call it a troll at all. There are like one or two "mind screws" but that's not the point of the story at all so the lack of additional ones isn't a negative. I think it sets the scene very well and creates an interesting setting for these broken people to interact within.

I'm confused...

Honestly, after Comyu's spammed "The color red" scenes, I'd kinda prefer that something like that only happens a few times.  It was unexpected enough to make me think, "Wait, what the hell?!", and while I'm not expecting twists on the level of G-senjou or Sharin no Kuni, I felt that it was an appropriate shift.  They seem to throw in a serious line every once in a while that foreshadows unhappy events to come, so getting a short break from the slice-of-life again was nice.

More C;H spoilers

Huh... even if this is a mistake on the emulator's part, it's an oddly fitting one. o.O

As for that form, I was looking into a guide earlier to see how the routes actually work, and it seems like that the only thing the form does is give you a TIPS entry on your second playthrough - a gigalomaniac one if you pick 'Yes' for every question and a... uh, not sure if this Japanese slang has an English equivalent, but it basically means 'a person satisfied with their real (offline) life' if you pick 'No' everywhere. Story wise it doesn't seem to change anything. As for plot relevance, yeah, I think you answered yourself. :)

Is that 'person satisfied with real life' term riajuu(it's there in the S;G glossary as 'normal') ?

And what did it say for Gigalomaniac ? That Gigalomaniac is a person who can make delusions real and has a Di-sword ?

Yeah many people say that the original style is completely lost. But still with all those tl notes throughout the vn you can see that the translator has put in a lot of work. The only reason I can think of the translation not being good is simply that the japanese was too good and too hard to translate. I doubt that any translator could actually keep the writing at the same level as the original.

It's definitely not a troll. Whether it's a proper mind screw or not is debatable but it's definitely not a troll.

I'm confused...

Honestly, after Comyu's spammed "The color red" scenes, I'd kinda prefer that something like that only happens a few times.  It was unexpected enough to make me think, "Wait, what the hell?!", and while I'm not expecting twists on the level of G-senjou or Sharin no Kuni, I felt that it was an appropriate shift.  They seem to throw in a serious line every once in a while that foreshadows unhappy events to come, so getting a short break from the slice-of-life again was nice.

As I guess that you are talking about those scenes where the screen goes white, yeah it happens only a few times so you can rest assured. As to what those scenes are, as you must have guessed already - those scenes are there to hint you about the hidden side of the protag. I won't say any more as don't wanna give out spoilers.

As I guess that you are talking about those scenes where the screen goes white, yeah it happens only a few times so you can rest assured. As to what those scenes are, as you must have guessed already - those scenes are there to hint you about the hidden side of the protag. I won't say any more as don't wanna give out spoilers.

Eh, not just white, but the CG it was based on was messed with and basically turned into a twisted mosaic.  I figured as much; it's hard to find a non-special protag in VNs, it seems, that is if they aren't the cookie cutter protag from romance-focused VNs.  Ah well, it's enough to make sure I won't drop it, which is always good  :P

Eh, not just white, but the CG it was based on was messed with and basically turned into a twisted mosaic.  I figured as much; it's hard to find a non-special protag in VNs, it seems, that is if they aren't the cookie cutter protag from romance-focused VNs.  Ah well, it's enough to make sure I won't drop it, which is always good  :P

Yeah the cg feels like static.

I don't think they are special in the sense you are thinking them to be special. I'll just tell you that none of the characters have any kind of power like super-powers or stuff.

Yeah the cg feels like static.

I don't think they are special in the sense you are thinking them to be special. I'll just tell you that none of the characters have any kind of power like super-powers or stuff.

Sorry, I'm kinda half-awake right now, and I'm typing with socks on my hands because they're so cold it feels like I shoved them in ice water.  Damn my hands and their poor circulation.

Aaaaanyway...what I meant was it seems like having a "typical" protagonist isn't really appreciated outside of romance VNs, which makes sense.  Most of the protags I've seen have the "other side" trait, like you said.

Sorry, I'm kinda half-awake right now, and I'm typing with socks on my hands because they're so cold it feels like I shoved them in ice water.  Damn my hands and their poor circulation.

Aaaaanyway...what I meant was it seems like having a "typical" protagonist isn't really appreciated outside of romance VNs, which makes sense.  Most of the protags I've seen have the "other side" trait, like you said.

I know that feeling when your hands are freezing but rest of the body is barely cold.

Yeah having a typical character as a protag often makes the vn a bit boring.

So, I've finished Ayakashibito now (and finally I can write the title correctly ;) )...

It definetely had a lot of potential. And would I ignore all the things which bothering me personally, I think I would give it a 9. But I can't do that ;) ... In the end I gave it a 7. The reasons for it are...

1. H-scenes are almost never something that support the story. But here there were so many h-scenes which make completely no sense (eg. Keijiru & Miu, Ichina & Everyone, ...). Pure fanservice, i hate that. And wtf?! Soushichi & Kaoru & Reina in the middle of the battle?! There are many other things which bothered me a lot during that scenes.

2. The authors seems to enjoy rape scenes... Just way too much  and to detailed... I can't accept that.

3. Endless fight scenes are also a bit annoying...

4. Why can't writers not just keep a relationship pure? The Suzu's routes would be much better if they had kept the sibling-like-relationship. But thats a problem I have with many VN's. They just wan't to put h-scenes in there to maximize the profit... But here it was a great chance which the they dind't take, What A Shame...

5. And finally Soushichi. I normally like Protags as him and the most time I did that here to. But sometimes he was just to annoying and hesitantly.

I think as next one I will pick u G-SNM again and hopefully I'll finish it now.

Just started on Hirugashi but I've only got the first chapter (and another part of the story) in English.

I'll report back when I read more but

the sounds at the start - that sound like someone being hurt/abused are harrowing

:( I tend to apologise a lot for things too over and over and think I'm not forgiven :(

Is that 'person satisfied with real life' term riajuu(it's there in the S;G glossary as 'normal') ?

And what did it say for Gigalomaniac ? That Gigalomaniac is a person who can make delusions real and has a Di-sword ?

Yep, riajuu (リア充) is the one. If you were to forcefully translate it, it be something like having your 'fill of real life'; it's a fun word. :D Actually, on this topic, a  lot - if not all - of the memes that appear in S;G were in C;H first, too. At least that's what it feels like now that I'm reading C;H, which is practically exploding with them... 95% of the TIPS is just japanese internet slang trivia. :P

As for the second entry, no idea what it actually says, I'll definitely check it out when I'm on the second playthrough. Still just at chapter 4 at the moment.

Yep, riajuu (リア充) is the one. If you were to forcefully translate it, it be something like having your 'full of real life'; it's a fun word. :D Actually, on this topic, a  lot - if not all - of the memes that appear in S;G were in C;H first, too. At least that's what it feels like now that I'm reading C;H, which is practically exploding with them... 95% of the TIPS is just japanese internet slang trivia. :P

As for the second entry, no idea what it actually says, I'll definitely check it out when I'm on the second playthrough. Still just at chapter 4 at the moment.

I just love how some of these tips are "what the actual fuck is this?" that's what happen when they explain complex theories in few words. lol 

Just started on Hirugashi but I've only got the first chapter (and another part of the story) in English.

the sounds at the start - that sound like someone being hurt/abused are harrowing

:( I tend to apologise a lot for things too over and over and think I'm not forgiven :(

It hits kinda hard, yes.

It's actually very effective as a start.

For me, that is.

Just wait till you start coming across this sound:

PTSD warning ;_;

http://youtu.be/iVay367HM3Y

On the middle of the second year at raising my magical lolis on romanesque. I'm seriously raging at the amount of quests I was given in a row that require spells that my lolis still don't know. Fortunately I will be able to do about 4-5 quests in a row that are like 3-6 weeks away from expiring. I wanted to get all done, but I fear that I will let at least 1 or 2 end the time limit. That shit makes me sad ;-;

Just finished Koichoco with the partial patch and DAMN THE FEELINGS.

SPOILERS!

I'm actually pretty disappointed that Yuuki didn't win the elections in Chisato's route.

Although it was a very good novel, and I'm waiting for the full patch.

I think I'll start to play Sharin no Kuni until then.

Are there any ways to get the other chapters in English? :) I think I have "Kai" apart from this one but sadly nothing more.

The first release + Kai includes all of the 8 arcs, which make up the main story. The only thing you're missing are basically fandisc arcs, or ones that never even came out on PC in the first place.