What are you playing?

Shhhh 

Anyways just finished Michiru's good route and wow it exceeded my expectations. It took 3 different routes just to get me interested in Michiru but once I played it I feel like it was the most enjoyable route so far. It was silly and just fun to read to the end, also Michiru is actually pretty cute in her own right :D

One route left! Time to play Makina's route... Don't really know what to expect...

In a word, "Hilarity".

Also, "Papa." :P

I could never finish makina's route after the first h-scene, since her always calling me "papa" kind of made me uncomfortable.

That's the reason why I didn't want to play her route in the first place. The whole papa thing and knowing there'd be h scenes with her made me uncomfortable. I gave in though after a couple months of putting Grisaia down with Makina being the only route I hadn't played. I was feeling nostalgic so I figured, "Why not?"

Honestly, I don't regret it. The humor in her route had me laughing the entire way. The h scenes were awkward and I skipped through it as much as possible so it was okay. Lol. Overall, it was a pretty decent route, awkwardness aside. 

I could never finish makina's route after the first h-scene, since her always calling me "papa" kind of made me uncomfortable.

Reminds me why I gave up on Hoshimemo.

After hearing Onii-chan 100 times in less than an hour.

I wanted to kill myself.

But I really liked Makina and the papa thing is awkward but she's so adorable and funny.

I haven't done her route yet, so I'm not sure how I feel about the h-scenes

Reminds me why I gave up on Hoshimemo.

After hearing Onii-chan 100 times in less than an hour.

I wanted to kill myself.

But I really liked Makina and the papa thing is awkward but she's so adorable and funny.

I haven't done her route yet, so I'm not sure how I feel about the h-scenes

"All inside me, Papa!" LOL. Really though, her route is worth the awkward h scenes. 

"All inside me, Papa!" LOL. Really though, her route is worth the awkward h scenes. 

LOL. Yeah that is PRETTY awkward.

I need to get back to playing Grisaia, but I don't remember what's happened really and I'm too lazy to reread what I've read because the beginning is sloowwww and boring. ;n;

LOL. Yeah that is PRETTY awkward.

I need to get back to playing Grisaia, but I don't remember what's happened really and I'm too lazy to reread what I've read because the beginning is sloowwww and boring. ;n;

Hence why, if a girlfriend of mine were to ever say something like that during certain situations, she'd be swiftly drop-kicked out a window. :P

Skip function OP? The Common Route isn't too special so shouldn't be too much harm skipping it.

That's the reason why I didn't want to play her route in the first place. The whole papa thing and knowing there'd be h scenes with her made me uncomfortable. I gave in though after a couple months of putting Grisaia down with Makina being the only route I hadn't played. I was feeling nostalgic so I figured, "Why not?"

Honestly, I don't regret it. The humor in her route had me laughing the entire way. The h scenes were awkward and I skipped through it as much as possible so it was okay. Lol. Overall, it was a pretty decent route, awkwardness aside. 

Yep, same here.  I'm not done with it yet, but it's probably the funniest route in the whole VN, IMO.  The whole "Papa" thing creeps me out too, but God, the writing is golden.

Hence why, if a girlfriend of mine were to ever say something like that during certain situations, she'd be swiftly drop-kicked out a window. :P

Skip function OP? The Common Route isn't too special so shouldn't be too much harm skipping it.

Yeah, I may just do that. Kinda skim read to refresh myself on what happened. Haha

Yep, same here.  I'm not done with it yet, but it's probably the funniest route in the whole VN, IMO.  The whole "Papa" thing creeps me out too, but God, the writing is golden.

Her parts were golden even before her route.

Man, now I want to get back into it.

Must do that on Wednesday! (damn work tomorrow)

You are never "done" with Grisaia until you read the whole series ò.ó

....now that we got that we settled that downm you should play Sharin no Kuni if you want a cool MC, twists and a badass villain (anti-hero may be the correct word); Hoszhizora no Memoria if you want something more soft with romance and fantasy (AND STARS!)

I should be finished with Makina's route by Thursday then I am done with Grisaia. After that should I play Hoshizora no Memoria or Sharin no Kuni, Himawari next?

Hoshizora no Memoria, because that's just what I started today. :P

No, but really, you have three good options there. You could be happy any which way you decide. Memoria seems pretty good so far, aside from the annoying little sister action going on right about now. Ugh, if I hear "Onii-chan!" (x3) one more time!

Loli Shinigami? Can't complain, I guess. Why not go for it? :P

Katawa Shoujo best VN

Is it great because it's a fan made VN? I'm not sure how to feeling about the low ratings it's received contradicting with all the praises it gets.

I found the two face girl really cute. Granted I haven't spoke with her much, but the few moments I've seen her, she reminds me of Sakaki Yumiko's antsy attitude along with the long black hair.

Is it great because it's a fan made VN? I'm not sure how to feeling about the low ratings it's received contradicting with all the praises it gets.

I found the two face girl really cute. Granted I haven't spoke with her much, but the few moments I've seen her, she reminds me of Sakaki Yumiko's antsy attitude along with the long black hair.

As far as Visual Novels go Katawa Shoujo is alright for babby's first visual novel, its nothing special beyond that though.

As far as Visual Novels go Katawa Shoujo is alright for babby's first visual novel, its nothing special beyond that though.

It does pleasantly escape a few ubiquitous vn tropes such as white knighting, osanajimi. Rin's and Shizune's route are probably pretty uncommon in terms of their flavour and feel. Also, the MC's though process/how he mulls over the concept of disability and how to interact with people in the first chapter is a degree better than the average self-loathing protagonist or simply the protagonist who is afraid of making work/bothering other people. The variety of settings, production values, and execution are only middling though. I would say it's a alright, noticeably better as a first game.

Honestly, I felt that Hanako's route was a little...disappointing.  Don't know exactly why, but it was for me.