What are you playing?

I'm going through the Muv-Luv Extra routes.

I know people say one should simply do the routes required to unlock Unlimited, but I have a serious case of OCD.

Anyhow, Muv-Luv Extra is potentially the worst time I've ever had with a visual novel.

Especially Chizuru's route.

Terrible pacing and overall writing.

I've never been so bored with a VN before.

Hopefully it picks up in Unlimited and Alternative.

I'm going through the Muv-Luv Extra routes.

I know people say one should simply do the routes required to unlock Unlimited, but I have a serious case of OCD.

Anyhow, Muv-Luv Extra is potentially the worst time I've ever had with a visual novel.

Especially Chizuru's route.

Terrible pacing and overall writing.

I've never been so bored with a VN before.

Hopefully it picks up in Unlimited and Alternative.

Ocd is a talent for reading in that case. I have impatient syndrome and skim through dialogues I feel don't add to my experience.

No joke. That reading habit is actually a lot better than most other peoples'. I personally never skip text nor do I pass up on routes (the only exception is Kamidori since I was in it more for the gameplay and H scenes than the story).

Yeah, Extra was pretty awful from a writing standpoint, but I still managed to somewhat enjoy it. Shame you couldn't appreciate the drama in Chizuru's route, though. I actually prefer her route over the others in Extra. Still, it definitely doesn't hurt at all to finish the whole thing since it does still add something to the experience (regardless of it being optional). You'll have a slightly more complete experience of Unlimited and Alternative as compared to those that skipped the routes.

There's a prologue patch but after that it's was left untranslated.

Don't know if anyone is going to continue the translation.

Damn.  Looked interesting.  I don't think I have the time needed to learn Japanese, so...unless it gets translated any time soon, I doubt I'll be checking it out.

Pretty much finished the Steel Saga of Chou Dengeki Stryker, just need to take a look at both heroines' epilogues then it's on to the Light Saga.

Resuming playing Rewrite and am now in the flashback part of Shizuru's route. It's surprisingly good so far, though considering how many people seem to have disliked it I'm a bit apprehensive of a downhill point somewhere further into the story

Anyone recommend a dating sim for a first timer? Persona, Growlanser, Conception II etc have dating elements to them but it isn't their sole purpose/main focus of the game. Other than those I can't recall actually playing one, unless you count most VN as "dating sims" but I am under the assumption they are different beasts. 

I don't think this question is worthy of a thread so I will ask here since I plan to play one in the near future. 

Edited by LiquidShu

No joke. That reading habit is actually a lot better than most other peoples'. I personally never skip text nor do I pass up on routes (the only exception is Kamidori since I was in it more for the gameplay and H scenes than the story).

Yeah, Extra was pretty awful from a writing standpoint, but I still managed to somewhat enjoy it. Shame you couldn't appreciate the drama in Chizuru's route, though. I actually prefer her route over the others in Extra. Still, it definitely doesn't hurt at all to finish the whole thing since it does still add something to the experience (regardless of it being optional). You'll have a slightly more complete experience of Unlimited and Alternative as compared to those that skipped the routes.

Yeah, I generally feel that it's a useful trait, though somewhat annoying at times.

You should see me play an RPG.

You'd want to slap me within an hour for lack of progress. :lol:

I couldn't take most of the routes seriously in Extra.

The One Tree Hill parody from Family Guy should sum it up perfectly.

"Dude, let me tell you something; there is nothing that will ever happen in the rest of our lives that's as important as what's going on right here, right now in high school by these lockers."

Followed by

"High school is such a serious thing - these problems matter!"

I'm about halfway through Unlimited now.

Significantly better to say the least.

How long would it take for you to get through an Elder Scrolls game? :D

Yeah, and especially compared to a friend I know that skips routes that are important to the story. He skipped most of the routes in Little Busters and went straight into Refrain without the knowledge needed from the others (I'm not sure if he skipped Rin2 or not). He also skipped Unlimited and went from the 2 necessary routes in Extra to Alternative. Poor guy. >.< Well, he still ended up giving Alternative a 10 anyways, so at least it wasn't a huge detriment to his experience. Wish I could say the same for Little Busters, though. ;_;

Not what I'm playing, but what I just finished playing. Umineko was just, simply, amazing. I have to admit it surpassed Clannad on my rankings, never have I read something so good. I feel smarter after reading Umineko, I thought it would be a mind screw, like everyone says about it, but it was a truly enlightening VN for me.

Hey Guys... I just finished Hoshizora no Memoria and enjoyed it. It was ,for sure not the best VN i read but some Parts/Routes are really nice. Also everything was really easy going ...

The other VN i was playing, G-Senjou no Maou, i've to stop for now. The stuff is simply to "heavy" for me in this time of the year ;). So I'm looking for some new VN's (only translation, of Course) which are really easy going and entertaining like Hoshizora. The best would be something like Kono Oozora ni ( If my heart had wings). So i'm looking forward to your suggestions and believe in your unbelievable knowledge. ;)

Greetz

After I finish My Girlfriend is the President Fandisc, I'm gonna Machine TL Baldr Sky, I am not waiting for something that will never, ever get a translation.

Thats a really, really terrible idea. All the furigana that shows up is randomly jumped up into the sentence because nothing seems to be able to texthook it with the latest patch (that you need if you want to avoid bugs that end just as the final boss starts, etc). And the plot is among the most complicated in all of eroge, you will probably not understand any of the intricate things that actually make it so good. Not to mention its also 4.68MB of text and contains quite a few infodumps about differences of AI, Cyberpunk terminology, etc etc etc.

Holy shit I just read Amane's bad end (Yeah never read it don't hurt me pls) expecting something silly like Sachi's or Yumiko's bad end but instead I got this epic ending that I liked more than the good ending.

Yeah I liked the bad ending.

Now I'm evil.

Holy shit I just read Amane's bad end (Yeah never read it don't hurt me pls) expecting something silly like Sachi's or Yumiko's bad end but instead I got this epic ending that I liked more than the good ending.

Yeah I liked the bad ending.

Now I'm evil.

Great, huh? 

I remember a line in her good end. It goes something along the lines of "I'd fight to the death for you, Yuuji", and her bad end proved that she was serious. Hell, she fought

past death for him.

Great, huh? 

I remember a line in her good end. It goes something along the lines of "I'd fight to the death for you, Yuuji", and her bad end proved that she was serious. Hell, she fought

past death for him.

See no need to play the bad end I can just read spoilers with out having to go through seeing it, heheh.

that'd be ruining a great experience you know  ;)

Shhhh 

Anyways just finished Michiru's good route and wow it exceeded my expectations. It took 3 different routes just to get me interested in Michiru but once I played it I feel like it was the most enjoyable route so far. It was silly and just fun to read to the end, also Michiru is actually pretty cute in her own right :D

One route left! Time to play Makina's route... Don't really know what to expect...