What are you playing?

From what I've seen, Ef visual novel is 4 chapters, 2 chapters for "the first tale", and the other 2 for "the latter tale", I've seen MG will release "the latter tale" some day, and both parts (the first tale and the latter tale) is what makes "A fairy tale of the two", and what you can find with the name "a fairy tale of the two" is a lite version of "the first tale", fantranslated, but I'm not sure if it's 2 chapters long or it's all four of them, seems like it's only the first two.

Also, seems like the poll is not showing the votes done, I'd like to add my vote for "the first tale" when I can check again how many votes have the other options.

Damn I dont know what happened to the poll. there are no results now. :(/>

Ill try to figure what the hell happened.

Ok the poll is working now. Not sure what happened or if any votes were lost.

No, I wouldn't keep it for last. It IS quite a deal different, but I wouldn't put it off. That doesn't make much sense. It's got quite a heavy romance focus and kind of goes a bit left from the pain plot of the other routes, but none of that is a reason to not experience it.

^ I've heard that Lucia's route is considerably different from the others, which is why I was told to do it last, after I finished the game... Is that true?

That is not possible, because to finish the game you have to play all routes, and to unlock Shizuru's you have to play Lucia's first

I liked Lucia at first sight, and her route is also so different to the others, that made me like her a lot more. Best character of Rewrite if you ask me.

I have a bit of free time this week (finally! though very short), so I started a bit with some VNs..

I've already started Rewrite, but I had yet to enter a route, since I played too little..

I want to ask on the recommended order of heroines in Rewrite (kinda like Clannad and LB).. Anyone has a recommendation?

I've also just downloaded Shuffle and Canvas2..

I've done with Sia and Nerine's route in Shuffle, and have yet to play anything in Canvas2..

I have a bit of free time this week (finally! though very short), so I started a bit with some VNs..

I've already started Rewrite, but I had yet to enter a route, since I played too little..

I want to ask on the recommended order of heroines in Rewrite (kinda like Clannad and LB).. Anyone has a recommendation?

I've done with Sia and Nerine's route in Shuffle, and have yet to play anything in Canvas2..

Definitely do Kotoris first. From what I've heard you should probably do Akane's last, too. Fill in the blanks with whatever you so desire.

Like what Wahfuu said, it's best to do Kotori's first and Akane last. Just remember that you need to read through Kotori's to unlock Shizuru and Chihaya for Akane's route (actually, this doesn't matter if you do Kotori's first and Akane last). You can do Lucia, Shizuru and Chihaya in any order but I recommend doing Chihaya's route before Shizuru's as you won't understand her route ending unless if you played through Chihaya's.

Sooooooo I started playing Clannad and... well there's something I want to get out of the way.

WHAT THE HELL IS THERE WITH THOSE EYES?

I thought the internet was overdoing it as always, but... no! The chara-design is actually like that!

How did the guy who drew this think it was ok? How did producers greenlight this? It can't be that damn hard to put eyes in the correct place on a face, is it?

Ok, so now that this is said, I like it otherwise. BGM and CGs are good, sometimes really good. I more or less randomly did four paths and liked all of them, even though I was trying to first do the ones I thought i'd like the less.

So, yeah, I'll keep up. Not sure I'm gonna turn into a Key fan but since VNs usually get great on the later parts, it should be good.

Sooooooo I started playing Clannad and... well there's something I want to get out of the way.

WHAT THE HELL IS THERE WITH THOSE EYES?

So, yeah, I'll keep up. Not sure I'm gonna turn into a Key fan but since VNs usually get great on the later parts, it should be good.

I agree completely, it threw me off completely at the beggining, but I got used to it eventually. Now, I know many people may not agree to what I'll say but.... Honestly, it's usually the other way around but in this case, the animation is far better than the VN. It may sound like it's only my opinion but, really, the art is better, there is no flaw in the execution of the OST and the adaptation cover all the routes while keeping the "true" route for last and NOT making the protag a total womaniser. That said, Clannad really is a heavy hitter throughout the series, but especially near it's end (like any KEY story, really), so I advise some patience for it's first season since it's mainly chara development.

I agree completely, it threw me off completely at the beggining, but I got used to it eventually. Now, I know many people may not agree to what I'll say but.... Honestly, it's usually the other way around but in this case, the animation is far better than the VN. It may sound like it's only my opinion but, really, the art is better, there is no flaw in the execution of the OST and the adaptation cover all the routes while keeping the "true" route for last and NOT making the protag a total womaniser. That said, Clannad really is a heavy hitter throughout the series, but especially near it's end (like any KEY story, really), so I advise some patience for it's first season since it's mainly chara development.

The anime is an incredible adaption and actually improved on some of the characters (Mei, Yukine). The VN, though, is better in my opinion because of the romantic ending with other characters. As for the art, it's not so great in the VN but it's passable.

I really fail to see how the Clannad anime did anything better than the VN.

So many side characters got slight attention then were immediately turned into props with very little fleshing out at all. I didn't even like Nagisa in the VN, but in the anime she gets reduced to a moeblog with a dango fetish and was supposed to be taken seriously as the main heroine. It was agonizing.

I could probably rant for hours about the ending, too, but that'd be whacking the hell out of a dead horse.

Guess it's different opinion, but I've never really bought into the anime hype with Clannad. Never saw the good in comparison.

I really fail to see how the Clannad anime did anything better than the VN.

So many side characters got slight attention then were immediately turned into props with very little fleshing out at all. I didn't even like Nagisa in the VN, but in the anime she gets reduced to a moeblog with a dango fetish and was supposed to be taken seriously as the main heroine. It was agonizing.

I could probably rant for hours about the ending, too, but that'd be whacking the hell out of a dead horse.

Guess it's different opinion, but I've never really bought into the anime hype with Clannad. Never saw the good in comparison.

I didn't like Nagisa much, and even less before playing Kyou's route. And the ova made for her really dissapointed me.

Currently playing Little Busters. Just finished a route.

Do i need to start a new game again?

Yeah, you have to start a new game, or you can have a save file in the first choice, so you only have to reload it every time you need to start a new route.

I watched Clannad's anime before playing the VN, and I loved it. Yeah, I would choose Tomoyo for the heroine in the anime too, but I think it was really good, especially the graphics and animation.

After playing the VN, I have to say that the anime looks bad in comparison. I especially liked the VN because I could play Tomoyo's route.

and there is a visual novel solely for her. I plan on playing Tomoyo: After after finishing LB.

Id say play Clannad first. Then do Tomoya: after so you get the full story.

Though thats just my opinion. Clannad is such an amazing VN i recommend it to everyone lol.

Been gone for a while, both from fuwanovel and Visual novels in general, thanks to real life and having finally started on writing a novel (I say finally, but really it's just due to a scene I thought up while walking home from work a couple days ago lol) and am about to start on Rewrite, like the look of the character design, and I hear alot of good things about it, so I am looking forward to it, but it will be my first 'All-Ages' VN, so, a little anxious to see how that actually works out, lol

Id say play Clannad first. Then do Tomoya: after so you get the full story.

Though thats just my opinion. Clannad is such an amazing VN i recommend it to everyone lol.

Oh, right tomoyo's route in the clannad VN xD

I nearly forgot that there is a Clannad VN...

Oh, right tomoyo's route in the clannad VN xD

I nearly forgot that there is a Clannad VN...

Oh my you must play Clannad first. You'll miss so much if you dont.

Im getting ready to play Hoshizora no Memoria. Ryoji said it was amazing so thats next for me.