Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata-san.

Kurisu-Chan

"Nintendo Co., Ltd. deeply regrets to announce that President Satoru Iwata passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct growth."

Only 55. Damn.

I wasn't always a fan of some of the decisions he made, but the man was an icon in the gaming industry, and he will be missed. R.I.P

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-president-has-passed-away-1717386412

Hearing this has really put a gloom over my whole day, considering I've grown up entirely on Nintendo games (especially Kirby and Earthbound... Earthbound ;_; ). R.I.P. Satoru Iwata, you will be missed. However, to this day onward you will still continue to be revered as the ultimate video gaming icon.

Your Nintendo Directs were cringey, but I still liked you Iwata.

RIP. :sleep:

If by cringy you mean amazing, then I agree.

K9DH9Px.png

RIP Iwata. Before moving on to the presidency of Nintendo he helped craft one of the most consistently great game development studios in existence, HAL Laboratory. It's highly possible that they hadn't made a single bad game in the last 25 years. I will miss his presence in the industry dearly.

RIP :(

If by cringy you mean amazing, then I agree.

K9DH9Px.png

RIP Iwata. Before moving on to the presidency of Nintendo he helped craft one of the most consistently great game development studios in existence, HAL Laboratory. It's highly possible that they hadn't made a single bad game in the last 25 years. I will miss his presence in the industry dearly.

if you like kirby games

I have never been much of a Nintendo fanboy, didn't grow up with any of their consoles and outside Pokemon I'm not much of a follower of their franchises. Yet even I understand the scale of this tragedy.

My heart goes out to his colluges in the industry but even more so to his family and friends.

Rest in Peace Satoru Iwata, you will always be remembered as the gamer you were at heart.