News From 5bp/Mages Regarding The YU-NO Remake

XReaper

After reading the announcement & literally crying my eyes out, i think i´m now somewhat ready to face the harsh reality. They offered us some news regarding the upcoming YU-NO remake, set a site up, listed the voice cast (which isnt bad) &........*buhhuuuu went with the glorious idea of turning Yu-No into an eushully elf......*sob

YU-NO-Remake-Website-Open.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/yu-no-remake-official-website-launched

http://yu-no.jp/

So what are your thoughts & (first) impressions on what awaits us?

hopefully they wont go console only, cause that would definitely frustrate many people eagerly awaiting this to happen for years. & for them visuals, yeah like conjurer said i also liked the olden ones abit more, same as with tsukime, though they now look fresh & cool, i find them lacking their charme from before. especially when looking at eriko sensei, i somehow dont get that kinky milf vibe, hope you get what i try to say...

lmao at Yuki's design. I get it, his old character design doesn't work past the '90s, but WTF? 

And XReaper, Yu-No was always an elf. Also remember that not everyone here has read the first one.

Some of those characters' ears were more rounded than the others but they were all elf-ish.

ubMs93Y.png

37vRNXW.png

yo but she didnt look that much like one, i get some eushully vibes from the new optik.

them other humans were like some archaic predessors to the current ones with minor to mayor visible differences (failed ones), but i never saw them like elves.

& yuki is real hardcore shit, no words. only mios & ryuzojis new characters seem really fitting

personally i do think it will get an english/whatover translation sooner than later, considering the overall hype based on the yet existing fanbase.
but regardless the decision, i would be pretty unhappy if its only going to get an all ages version, cause i simply cant imagine the game/plot without some scenes.
And mean NOT for the sake of fappness!

How likely do you guys think this is to be either fan translated or localized?  I was interested in the original, but I'd prefer the one that looks like it wasn't made in 1996 if at all possible.

Before we talk about a fan translation lets hope that its get a PC release...

"Platform still undecided"

Please 5bp don't go console exclusive again, nobody in Japan wants an Xbox One, even if you put your new games on it.

Haha, I think we all know how this is going to go. Best brace for the worst and wait for that timed exclusive.

That said, I'm really looking forward to this. Didn't have a chance to play the first one yet, and depending on how this pans out, I might just skip it entirely.

Man, those new characters sprites, it seems that not only Tsukihime suffers from severe regression. :wacko:   I don't even want to think about the new soundtrack, YU-NO's main composer is dead and I doubt his genius could be easily reproduced. And "remastering" the old 16-bit music would make it lose its appeal.

As for the translation, the TLWiki's one is already great.