Books!

meru

My all-time favorite novel is A Brief Life by Juan Carlos Onetti, but I don't recommend it to anyone. I used to, but every single person I lent the book to pretty much hated it. So don't read it. ;)

Main reasons why this novel is shit according to my friends:

- It's too depressing.

- The characters are too miserable.

- There's nothing happening.

- It gets incomprehensible towards the end.

• 1 month later...

the book that i end up re-reading numerous times was bernard cornwell"s "the warlord chronicles". Specially "the winter king", since Nimue godness have more presence there. In light novel realm, it's probably Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru .

There's a huge pile of things that i expect to read soon, but i have tol prioritize Hyperion cantos now ¯◡◡¯·

When I bring up this series I always find that I sound a bit desperate when I try to convince others to read it as well, as I have only ever met TWO people who have ever heard of it, and only ONE who has ever read it.

The Riftwar Cycle, or more specifically... The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist. This is a book series I greatly enjoyed and I feel there is something for everyone who enjoys fantasy novels in these ones. I really love how Feist writes his characters, and the world he has shown over the course of the entirety of the Cycle (which includes about thirty-one books if I recall correctly) is just absolutely beautiful and filled to the brim with interesting lore.

Definitely my favorite author. 

*breathes out* Annnnd done. You may go about your day now.

Finished Tau Zero by Poul Anderson. It was alright, but the characters felt like they were from a normal Turkish soap opera, which is never a good thing.

6/10 overall.

Started reading Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Some concepts the novel's introduced so far(and by that, I mean the first 30 pages or so) are pretty interesting. My favorite thing about it right now is the writing style, I like how ...Dick (Sorry, couldn't keep a straight face) uses the language.

When I bring up this series I always find that I sound a bit desperate when I try to convince others to read it as well, as I have only ever met TWO people who have ever heard of it, and only ONE who has ever read it.

The Riftwar Cycle, or more specifically... The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist. This is a book series I greatly enjoyed and I feel there is something for everyone who enjoys fantasy novels in these ones. I really love how Feist writes his characters, and the world he has shown over the course of the entirety of the Cycle (which includes about thirty-one books if I recall correctly) is just absolutely beautiful and filled to the brim with interesting lore.

Definitely my favorite author. 

*breathes out* Annnnd done. You may go about your day now.

I wondered if anyone had read some Hemingway around here.

I picked up one of his books, Fiesta: The Sun also Rises, because I had never read anything by him before and wanted to try.

And... It's boring >_>

I just don't know what to say about this book. A stream of events happen but it completely fails to hook me. It's only 220 pages long but I'm halfway through it and don't even want to keep going now. I'll just probably drop it.

That being said, it's not his most famous book, so I was wondering if I should try his best-sellers later (like For Whom the Bells Tolls and cie).

(Now I'm probably gonna tackle that huge E.A. Poe Collected Works that's sitting on my shelves)

Books, I had read quite a number of them When I was younger and spare time and did not own a gaming computer,lol. In those years, my favorites were: Robinson Crusoe, Robin hood, and the Three musketeers. In the past few years, besides what was required from English , I read the halo books( the first 6 originals before the bs about forerunners came out), The Looking Glass Wars by: Frank Beddor( It is a Fantasy remake of the original Alice in wonderland and totally worth the read) Just finished reading the 2 books from The Kingkiller chronicles by: Patrick rothfuss, it was a really good read and I am looking forward to the next book that comes out, and while waiting for it, I just ordered  The chronicles of the black company by:Glen Cook from amazon to pass time( in about 8-9 hours from when you read this message, I will be once again in the dorms and will be bored from being away from my gaming rig and having to work on schoolwork ). I Have read the comments here and most of the books are too well-known so therefore does not pique my interest. I am a fan of Sci-Fi and Fantasy, so if you guys have anything good, just shoot 

I have been a long-time classical Sci-Fi fan. I recently got through rereading one of my favorite books of all time The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. And am doing a read through of The Martian Chronicles.

I actually didn't really enjoy The Time Machine. Perhaps it's because I was a lot younger at the time. Maybe I should try it again.

I used to read a lot and I mean A LOT but I find it weird that I never had a definite favourite. Though I can tell you if I found a book good or bad. I tend to like to read fantasy or supernatural. I also read a little slice of life and horror but not much overall.

I actually didn't really enjoy The Time Machine. Perhaps it's because I was a lot younger at the time. Maybe I should try it again.

I've always been a sucker for Wells' and Bradbury's writing styles so I'm not the most unbiased source but I think it can be worth a shot

I read alot of psychology books my favorite one is the social animal for david brooks

Going to have to check that one out when I have the time. I'm currently reading The Lucifer Effect. It was written by the creator of the Stanford Prison And Experiment. It's a very depressing read, but it truly does have lots of interesting observations and theories.

Just read Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet; probably the best Deadpool comic I've read so far as the humor was funny, the story easy to follow without any need of knowledge of prior Deadpool stories, and they managed to make a pretty good story of one of the craziest Marvel characters getting into a relationship that's believable but works with the character.