Books!

meru

I've been reading some Young Adult books about vampires and werewolves (not romance-focused ones)

One series I particularly liked is Department 19 by Will Hill.. it's pretty dark and bloody but also packed with action and some romance.. The final book in the series will come out this summer, I'm quite excited about it to say the least.

Finished with World War Z, it is so freaking good as it progresses, I really thought it was boring and I was actually planning on dropping it since it was not that interesting of a read, but I held on and as I read further and further ,I was really hooked to the events that are developing. This book is a collection of stories, interviews and stuff from a lot of different people, so you get the global view of what everyone is doing during the zombie apocalypse. I'm starting The Eastsea Series, it is really old and considered classical fantasy, and it feels like the story is really progressing way too fast...maybe as I read more I will get a different view, but the pace right now is so damn fast it is just flying by everything and moving straight ahead 

World war zs story telling sounds like Chronicles of the Black Company. I heard a lot of good things about it from the Walking Dead forum.

Oh no, I'v had to pause the Chronicles because I was literally confused, but World War Z is like a recollection with a series of different short stories and events that tells you kind of what is going on, The Chronicles are a legitimate story with events that progress, it is a fantastic number of books, I was really hooked on it until I got confused..and since the confusion, I'm just reading other books because when I try to go back, I would just get confused again...and that really annoys me..  

I don't usually take break from books, but I pause anime and vns quite a lot, and I usually move on to some other newer anime or vn, while as for books it is kind of hard to find a good replacement since they are so unique in their own way that they differentiate so much, making it kind of hard to forget the characters( the story can be cliche sometimes though) 

I've just started reading 'Mein Kampf', for purely academic reasons, obviously.

EDIT: The Translator's Note ends on this brilliant line I'd like to share with you:

"Where Hitler's formulations challenge the reader's credulity, I have quoted the German original in the notes. Seeing is believing." Nice.

I found out black lagoon had a light novel. It's has a translation that can be found in literally one place

only due to it's obscurity couple with any D/L link being taken down.

http://anonspore.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/black-lagoon-shaitane-badi-color-pages.html

It's er wow different. All I can say is I want to finish it not sure if I can though.

Personally, I didn't really like it, but hey, maybe you will. 

I thought Wise Man's Fear was great, though maybe not quite as amazing as Name of the Wind. The bigger problem is wondering how long it's going to be until book 3 comes out... Patrick Rothfuss seems to take an eternity to write anything.

I thought Wise Man's Fear was great, though maybe not quite as amazing as Name of the Wind. The bigger problem is wondering how long it's going to be until book 3 comes out... Patrick Rothfuss seems to take an eternity to write anything.

Doesn't help that he's assisting in the writing for this game too:

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/game/about/development-information

Though seeing as it's a spiritual sequel to Planescape: Torment it's more than forgivable :bow:

I'm reading Lightbringer myself. Pretty good. I'd also recommend his Night Angel trilogy.

Yeah, I already read Night Angel trilogy, and that's why I'm really looking forward to Lightbringer (though I've kind of been trying to be patient and wait for the fourth and final Lightbringer book to come out, so I can just read them all in a row). Night Angel is the only series I can think of that just continuously got better right through to the very end. The first few chapters of Way of Shadows had me worried that I might not like the book at all, but then every few chapters after, I'd find I was enjoying it more and more. That's probably not that unusual when you're first getting used to a new author, a new setting, etc., but it was really magical for me that somehow that same feeling kept up throughout the entire series, culminating in jaw-droppingly wonderful ending.

For what it's worth, there are probably a very small number of authors I would gush like this about. When it comes to fantasy/sci-fi, Brandon Sanderson and Brent Weeks are pretty much the whole list. I would probably say Rothfuss there too, if only he would actually write something more often than once per decade...

I just finished the first book in the Earthsea trilogy, I take back what I say about it being fast paced, It was really fast paced to get the characted development for the rest of the book, and after the really quick development, the story had me hooked and I was flying through it with all my spare time, would recommend it, but since it is really old school, some people might not like it,( I didn't like it at first, but now I'm already reading the 2nd book) 

Just finished Brandon Sanderson's Firefight. He's still consistently great at what he does; it's kind of scary, really.

For something completely different, since I found it on Kindle, I've decided to next try the Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon LN series. Will report back on progress. I expect that'll be a quick read, and I'll probably move on to Lightbringer after that.

yeah.  I understand his points about the games, but fuckin a, it brought attention to your series, give it a little credit ffs.  It's leagues better than that shitty tv series and movie you helped make.  Get off your high horse for crying out loud.

I agree with some of his points as well, but mostly I think he's jealous because games have become more popular than the books.. The Witcher games are one of the best media adaptations of a book series made by one of the best developers in the world... Both in video game quality and their attitude towards gamers are great.