How do you read VNs (Stolen from reddit)

If it's during the day then I just prop myself against my chair in the living room and enjoy myself at the desktop. Sometimes if I am engrossed in reading I'll take my dinner over to the desktop and eat there. At night I lay the laptop on my stomach like I am doing right now as I am typing this. 

I usually flip my 2nd monitor towards the bed and lie down with the xbox controller (if the VN supports it) or use my wireless mouse, I usually keep it completly dark in my room and I never eat whilst reading cause I hate auto mode ^^

Headphones and lights off with nobody around the house, oh and I grab an wireless mouse so I can click with that in a comfy position :P because i hate clicking or tapping enter again and again to read and after a while having the hand on the same position gets really annoying  and the auto-read it kinda sucks it never follows your speed,.

lol i used to read in auto-mode only, but now I let it auto for important scenes and press enter/click several times while skimming through the text when I sense a filler that will do no good other than steal my precious time.

sometimes hugging my knees and so on.

I am curious, are you of Asian descent?

The only people I have seen sitting like that for a descent amount of time are Asians, besides my friend who is a big anime fan and a  bit different :lol: I am so inflexible.

I am curious, are you of Asian descent?

The only people I have seen sitting like that for a descent amount of time are Asians, besides my friend who is a big anime fan and a  bit different :lol: I am so inflexible.

Not even close, I'm from northern Europe. I just like to curl up in small spaces in, it feels comfy. Also my chair is so bad that I need to sit in creative positions. I would kill my back if I tried to sit straight the whole day.

Not even close, I'm from northern Europe. I just like to curl up in small spaces in, it feels comfy. Also my chair is so bad that I need to sit in creative positions. I would kill my back if I tried to sit straight the whole day.

We need to curl up in small places to keep ourselves warm here in the north. I like doing it too

As ADHD as possible, I randomly pause to watch youtube vids, then start reading again, than pause to look up fuwanovel topics, than start reading again, than pause to read my email, then start reading again, than pause to open up a game in another window, than start reading again, than pause to contemplate my life, than I start reading again.

Pretty much this, sometimes I remember some thing I need to look up, minimize the VN and end up surfing for an hour or two and the start to wonder where that annoying music comes from.

Of course I read +18. Nobody can see my screen and if someone sees it then... shit :D

I also played through Amane's H-scene in KonoSora during my biology lesson

But then you miss out on all of the glorious faps?! That's no good, unless of course you are some stealthy extremely perverted fapper.

1. Go to the toilet.

2. Close the door

3. Lock the door

4. Set up headphones

5. Set Screen resolution to 1280x720

6. Open the door

7. Get on the floor

8. giphybhrh0.gif

I call bullshit, how do you open the door without unlocking it first?

I usually read in my bed with my computer propped up by my knee or something.

Although now that I have finally setup my monitor in my room, I have found it much more enjoyable to read at my desk.

I try to read h-scenes during the night though... :ph34r:

I will read VNs in public sometimes. I sat in the middle of my university commons reading Akatsuki no Goei... that was fun. Although when I arrived at an h-scene I just kinda saved and read it at home. :P

Since it's my own place, there is no chance of anybody else ever coming here without me letting them in, so that changes things somewhat

I have a glorious 27-inch monitor at 2560x1440, on which most old VNs look terrible in full-screen :makina: So I end up running old ones windowed instead, usually having to adjust the resolution so they aren't teeny tiny... ugh. Even very recent ones usually look ok at best at that resolution (Princess Evangile is ok, but often looks grainy; KonoSora looks great).

I read at my desk, sitting on a desk chair. If I get self-conscious about sitting too long (I have a standing desk at work...), sometimes I tilt the monitor up and stand, but it's a little weird, and it gets uncomfortable to click/Enter through in that position, so I don't do that often (perhaps I should get one of those little clicker devices like fancy people use when presenting a slide deck). I almost always use Enter to advance dialog - the mouse click sound annoys me more than the sound of pressing Enter.

Lastly, I use good headphones, though I should consider getting speakers or something.

i read vns when i fly above the atlantic ocean 14495725409_0661f8d041_o.png

16765246784_755e3329c7_z.jpg