hardest visual novel you've read

pokemon123

Well i've been wanting to read visual novels as of late that I could only dream of reading (dies irae and full metal murumasa). Apparently these are considered extremely hard to read for people due to writing style and murumasa has old kanji and stuff.

This got me curious for those who read untranslated vn;s. What is the hardest one you have read?

I can't give an answer since I can only read a few kanji thanks to some mandarin knowledge haha.

Technically Comyu because as annoying as Akihito's narration could get, imagine trying to take it on untranslated :sick: . Thing is since it's translated and I've played it I wouldn't consider it on my list anymore. Currently it's Devils Devel Concept, though part of it is because of how wrapped up it can get in its own lore, but I've been able to play Kanata and Mutsuki's routes to completion and enjoy them though I still need to finish three remaining routes (Misora's, Akane's, and Mei's).

Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora ni. Slightly harder than Muramasa if you ignore the latter's politics scenes and few very archaic scenes. The whole thing isn't consistently hard, but Itsuka Todoku is more flowery and vague in places.

Rui tomo is pretty shitting hard too, for completely different reasons. Everybody speaks in varyingly indirect ways, and there are tons of jokes.

You should really see the list in my signature.