Worst anime/manga endings?

Guest WALL431SANCHEZ

One of the worst endings known to mankind, 11eyes.

I dare anyone to watch that anime.

The worst part is that, it starts off pretty decently so you kind of get into it, and for the most part it never strays off, and then around the last episodes it opens the gates of brain fart type writing and slaps you so hard you can't even react.

It's like you're eating a shiny red apple and as you go it starts rotting away and by the end you got food poisoned and feel like giving up on life.

now it remind me.......

Kimi no Iru Machi

I dislike the ending of it ........

Haruto Kirishima choose Yuzuki Eba (Eba break up with Haruto once and dating with Kyousuke Kazama, when Kazama die, Eba went back to ex-boyfriend Haruto) 

over Asuka Mishima (after dating 2 years with Haruto).

So the fact that all the side characters are so poorly characterized that a bland paper cutout cliche of a portagonist is made interesting in comparision is what made the series popular? .... you know I suddenly know why people want to play a game like Hatred.

Anyways, I think SAO popularity was more about it's waifu farming. Get the most popular sterotypical anime character cliches, stuff them in a neat character design and instant waifu. Characterization not required. Just look at the number of Asuna fans and tell me I'm wrong.....and no the third act of the second season of sao did not build any character for Asuna I will fight tooth and nail against anyone who says otherwise.

I'll be the first one to point out that those side characters were far more over emphasized in the anime, and were only introduced in volume 2 as a series of 4 short stories, an after thought if you will.  You also see none of them in Volumes 3 and 4 which is the ALO arc.  I really don't understand why people like to associate him with waifu farming/harem gathering when it clearly wasn't what those stories were there for in the first place.

Also, was I the only one who was rooting for the sister in Guilty Crown?  

Abyssal Monkey, on 04 Mar 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

I'll be the first one to point out that those side characters were far more over emphasized in the anime, and were only introduced in volume 2 as a series of 4 short stories, an after thought if you will.  You also see none of them in Volumes 3 and 4 which is the ALO arc.  I really don't understand why people like to associate him with waifu farming/harem gathering when it clearly wasn't what those stories were there for in the first place.

Also, was I the only one who was rooting for the sister in Guilty Crown?  

Ok by your logic the all the issues from the Hobbit movies should be overlooked because it was dealt with differently in the original novel, we may as well consider the SAO novels and SAO anime two completely different entities. I was speaking of the anime, which I have seen... not the novels, which I have not read.

At this point I just don't expect the protagonist to ever die in any plot. You know, every protagonist needs to live a "happily ever after", right?

Well, if we're talking about not so great anime endings, I would say Black Bullet didn't live up to my expectations...

I don't quite understand why they needed to kill off characters that have barely appeared. Am I suppose to have emotional attachment to... what were their names again?

I enjoyed the lolis though.

This one is easy: Soul Eater. I was with the show all the way until the end, enjoying every minute (except the ones with Excalibur - Excalibur can DIAF), and then the last episode happened. WTF.

Nothing made sense, new powers appeared with no prior hint, the art looked awful, the overriding theme of the entire story was disregarded (partnership? nah, screw that, let's do something totally random!), and... yeah. It's been years since I watched it, and it still was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this thread. No contest.

A series that drove me to the point of pulling out my hair as Glasslip.

I watched it, and suffered through it, but my policy of 'no dropping' had me hoping for something substantial at the end, even for a stereotypical open endning.  But that one threw me off a cliff.

As far as anime goes, the bittersweet award for me goes to Berserk (original anime, not the new movies). Personally I love Berserk but the way they finished up the show leaves so much without answer (and major characters missing). Whenever I recommend Berserk to someone I always warn them "beware the ending" >_>

but you DO know that what you call the story (ending) of "berserk" is just the intro of the whole plot?!? whole thing just starts right after the eclipse with griffith turned into demon femto, guts crippled & his chick raped and mindbroken

and the new 3 movies also have the same plot than the old anime, with minor scenes missing or added, like the start of the latter with guts in his new armor fighting against the demon. but like i said, nearly every character in both you mentioned is NO main charcater except for the survivors after the eclipse. i´m reading the manga since 1995 (borrowed them from my aniki) and its ALOT more than whats been animated so far. just give it a try and you´ll see for yourself

OP mentioned anime/manga endings. The anime itself ends just like that and if people don't read up the manga they will be pretty pissed off imho :)

yeah but its a different issue you´ll have here and it happens very often, like with high school of the dead etc. i read somewhere half official that more movies are planned, but thats far away in the future

edit: dont know excacty where its been, but in one of the two series its clearly shown  that the skull king rescued them both

edit: dont know excacty where its been, but in one of the two series its clear that skull king rescued them both

The recent movies introduce the Skull Knight and effectively show him rescuing them from the Eclipse (as well as engaging Zodd outside). In the original show he's nowhere to be found.

P.s: edited first post to give a more complete answer/explanation to my PoV

EDIT: Then again, the movies came out A LOT of years after the original anime and doesn't develop characters as well as the original (and if I recall correctly, the plan with the movies was to "properly" repeat the first arc and continue onward).

yup therefore i suggest first watching the movies, then the old anime afterwards (some additional scenes) & afterwards reading the manga, cause everything whats been animated is nothing more than a teaser with a great cliffhanger

edit: playing the game (dreamcast or emulator) isnt a bad idea either. takes place AFTER the first arc

AND regarding the topic i had my issues with guilty crown & Mashiroiro Symphony

Although I think it was a good and realistic ending, the anime Welcome to the N.H.K. had an extremely depressing ending for me (an ending doesn't have to have deaths in it to be depressing). It kinda left me to expect more to happen. I don't really want to consider an ending as "the worst", so I consider it as the ending that affected me the most, in a negative sense. At least the anime ending was different then the manga. Now THAT is what I call a WTF ending.

Although I think it was a good and realistic ending, the anime Welcome to the N.H.K. had an extremely depressing ending for me (an ending doesn't have to have deaths in it to be depressing). It kinda left me to expect more to happen. I don't really want to consider an ending as "the worst", so I consider it as the ending that affected me the most, in a negative sense. At least the anime ending was different then the manga. Now THAT is what I call a WTF ending.

Wow. I really liked Welcome to the N.H.K., and didn't feel any negative vibes from the ending at all. That anime was an odd experience for me, though, since although it was clearly a comedy, a lot of the content hit a little too close to home; it usually left me feeling more introspective than anything else, and I'm ordinarily not that prone to introspection...

Wow. I really liked Welcome to the N.H.K., and didn't feel any negative vibes from the ending at all. That anime was an odd experience for me, though, since although it was clearly a comedy, a lot of the content hit a little too close to home; it usually left me feeling more introspective than anything else, and I'm ordinarily not that prone to introspection...

I believe the anime was meant to be that way. produced by NHK to help people (NEET´s) gain some self-awareness & ideally be the trigger for positive changes in their lives. social drama would be the right description