Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

There. Now we can happily watch Plastic memories. And it's not like we can't watch anything else, so everyone should do whatever they want,k

Yep, Kosaki stated it as well but didn't vote, so that's 7, LiquidShu's one vote cannot change that so Plastic Memories it is. 

Since the 48 hours are up, the Movie voting will be shortened to the two leading options, and a re-vote will be held. 

If we can't decide by then, I choose.  

I'm crying that people picked Dungeon Deai for the spring cycle. They probably don't realize its another generic harem with forced game mechanics shoved in. They made a town, put a bottomless dungeon with FLOORS in it, gave everybody stats and experience, and for some inexplicable reason genderbent quite a few gods just to have them eventually join the MC's harem as he ever so slowly dives deeper and deeper into the dungeon this city is built upon. And for anyone who ever TRIES to claim this isn't a harem, at one point in the novels, he even claims his goal in coming to the city was to gather a harem after something about his grandfather and women.

Seriously, if you want a game series, Log Horizon is better. If you want a ecchi/harem, DxD is infinitely better and is airing this season. You know what's going to be even worse? It won't have a conclusion because it's a light novel. So if you are looking for an ending, you will not get one. (I realize none of this is reason not to watch it, but for this seasonal choice, just WHYYY???)

Yeah. Stuff like tha, but newcomers to anime like those things,Which is why they're popular.

Log horizon became kinda boring in 2nd season. 1st was much more thrilling and enjoyable.

As for gaming animes, my favourite would be Accel World

I kinda hope that we'll do gaming theme cycle, but i have a feeling it'll be horrible.

After watching Plastic Memories, first episode, i can say that we're in for lots and lots of feels.

Yeah. Stuff like tha, but newcomers to anime like those things,Which is why they're popular.

Log horizon became kinda boring in 2nd season. 1st was much more thrilling and enjoyable.

As for gaming animes, my favourite would be Accel World

I kinda hope that we'll do gaming theme cycle, but i have a feeling it'll be horrible.

After watching Plastic Memories, first episode, i can say that we're in for lots and lots of feels.

Hah, gaming cycle would be so damn predictable that .//hack wins.  It wouldn't even be funny.  Like seriously.  This is the primary reason why if it does get chosen, I will boycott that cycle, because its not even remotely interesting in how predictable it is.  I want to see something new, and that's why when I vote on a cycle I never vote for my own pick or something I've seen before. 

You know what this is ludicrous.  Obviously people really want to see both of these movies, and since they're movies they're not long.  

How about we watch both of them in a week.  Sound good to everyone?

only if we can watch a second series for the seasonal...hahaha.

In all seriousness I don't mind watching both (I think short OVA's and ova series however should be included in the possibilities for films. I would love to get Pale Cocoon or something like Shinesman shown in the future).

Yeah, I don't mind watching two movies in one week. On top of that, it seems these two are reviewed positively for the most part so I'm looking forward to see what the hype is about.

As for the seasonal show we are watching, Plastic Memories is definitely off to a good start. In Ep.1 the premise about the Giftia living for only nine years is quite the harrowing cloud looming in the horizon since they become integrated members of the family for many people. They are also autonomous which also brings tension to the show because we get to see them react differently when the time to for retrieval (death?) arrives. I'm guessing the show will focus on what living beings can do when confronted with such an ephemeral life, and thereby allowing humans to look within themselves in order to appreciate life or something along those lines.

It would be cool if there was an alternative in order to salvage their memories and leave behind such a void in the homes they inhabit. I'm also curious what happens to the Giftia after the retrieval process. Do they get thrown in the incinerator? Are their minds reverted to blank slates and then they are sent into the open market?

The show reminds me a bit of how Chobits was and how physical intimacy wasn't possible because it would destroy the androids'/robot's memories. Quite the bittersweet farewell at the end of the episode, I was kind of expecting the old lady to put up more of a fight before giving up but I guess witnessing a person's desperation come to the surface will be left for other episodes.

I don't mind watching both. But i want to pick the theme next time, i had something fun planned~

Even I wanted to pick the next genre, so this could have had been a tussle but .........

The movie cycles don't have themes, and don't influence the order of the regular cycles.  

Ah well that's fine too.

And I do agree with watching them both.

Here is my review for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time:

Story: 9/10

The story was very well done. At first, it was just this girl who discovered she could go back in time, having fun, and hooking her friend up with a girl (which I would do if I could time travel). Then it took a turn for the worse, almost getting her friends killed. And then, plot twist, one of her friends is from the future. Basically what I'm trying to say, is that this movie is probably a look into the future itself. This is most likely what would happen if a person used time travel irresponsibly.

here is my review for the girl who lept through time.

Story 10/10

this definitely one of the better stories that i've ever seen. It's kind of hard to explain what is so great about it but i enjoy most media including time travel, the comedy in it was also great and i enjoy a  good romance. This is the first stand alone anime movie i've seen and it was for sure a great one to start on.The only bad thing was the time travel but i'll have a whole spoiler for that and the science didn't really matter to the story so it loses no points.

Characters 10/10

The characters were all fantastic, Makoto wasn't especially annoying and reacted to the situations in a way that didn't seem really stupid. It was nice to see her go from helping everyone not thinking about herself to saying screw yuri at the end.  

Soundrack 9/10

The soundtrack was pretty good, it wasn't perfect and i wouldn't watch the movie just for it.But it still added to the movie and is not something that would complain about.

Art style 10/10

The art was very really good for the time it was released but the best part was the animation the whole movie looked like it was motion capped because of how smooth it was.

enjoyment 10/10

very enjoyable i do plan on watching it again.

Overall 10/10

Fantastic i would recommend this to anyone and i would love to find the novel it was based on if anyone knows where i could order it that would be great.

Now complaints 

So this is the one part of the movie that confused me, the time travel. First thing to complain about was the very first time she jumped at the train. She obviously moved back in the timeline but she also lost her momentum and kept the bike even after she let go of it. Did she only have it because she had it at the that point in the timeline or because she had it when she jumped. Also her positioning when she lands, does she control where she ends up or is it completely random? WIth the pudding scene she didn't know where she was at first so was it random or did she develop the skill later on. Another thing with the pudding scene was why did she suddenly appear back at the lake without jumping again. This is the first and last time she goes back to where she was before she jumped. She also just appears out of no where so is no one ever curious where she comes from. Also at the end it turns out that the device allowed her to go forward in time as well so did she just never try it or what.  The next part is my anger at the way they do time travel, basicly the way it was explained was there is one of everyone moving through the timeline like they are walking down a road. But when she travels back she goes to and empty part of the road that they already passed unless she brought everyone else with her and then they all lost their memory but she didn't. so the question is why didn't she lose her memory the answer could be that she had a charge from that device but so did Chiaki so why wouldn't he remember. The only other possibility was that there for every millisecond there is you leave a copy of your self there leaving a completely filled road but then there would be a copy of her there.

Now for my review on Perfect Blue:

Story: 9/10

The way the story is told is different than anything I've seen before, toward the end of the movie I was questioning what was real and what wasn't.

Characters: 7/10

I really didn't care about anybody else except Mima, her development was great, but everybody else felt boring to me.

Art: 6/10

Now, I'm giving this one some slack 'cause it was made in '97, but that dosen't excuse the fact that Rumi looked like an alien.

Soundtrack: 8/10

I really liked the darker tracks of when something bad was happening. Makes you feel tense.

Enjoyment: 8/10

Overall: 8/10

Well, those movies were great. And now I wait...

Well here's my review of  'The Girl who Leapt through Time'

Well first I would not be saying anything about the loop-holes/problems with the time travel in the movie, as it is pretty clear that the focus of the movie is on how you utilise time travel and it's effect, and not how to achieve time travel itself.

Story - 6/10

The major focus of the movie is the characters and their interactions and not the plot/story. That being said the plot was good and not something that irritates you or outright bad. Though I do have a couple of complaints. The painting was supposed to be something really important but they never mentioned why, and also why Chiyaki needed to go back right away and couldn't wait for the restoration to be complete. Also the fact that Chiyaki was a person from the future felt a bit forced.

Characters - 9/10

The characters really shine. Everyone and all their interactions are done really well. Especially the gradual change in the way Makoto makes use of time travel is wonderful. The realization that by her selfish use of time travel she is making other people suffer and how it changes her. The fact that she recklessly uses time travel often on impulse is actually pretty realistic, it shows that people often use extreme means to solve simple problems when in a panic.

Art - 7/10

It had a realistic feel and was quite fitting for the movie. Still nothing extraordinary.

Soundtrack - 7/10

A good soundtrack, all the songs were good to listen and fit the atmosphere. 

Overall - 7/10

Regarding the second episode of Plastic Memories

I guess everybody already expected that the conflict will be about how she doesn´t have much lifetime left. I´m really curious if it will become a bittersweet ending where she gets retrieved or if there is going to be a way to avoid that. The part about ripping apart memories makes me thinking though, that there might be some secrets inside the company or the giftas which are going to become important soon.

My thoughts on "The Girl who Leapt  Through Time"

Story - 8/10

It's nice to see a time travel story with really simple approach. The personal drama caused by time travel was intriguing to watch, and it didn't try shove a certain viewpoint to the watcher. Still some of the stuff came slightly out of nowhere like Chiaki being from future. And the mechanics behind time travel were kind of dodgy, but that doesn't matter too much.  

Characters - 9/10

Characters were great, pretty much everybody was well written and they behaved like you would expect. Especially the hesitation Makoto showed while time traveling, not wanting to change things too much, was something that I enjoyed.

Art - 7/10

I liked the realistic art style. Characters have normal body types and looks as normal as they can in anime. Still the drawing quality was kind of inconsistent, especially characters drawn at some distance were drawn quite lazily.

Soundtrack - 7/10

Music is fitting, but it doesn't really stand out on it's on.

Enjoyment - 9/10

It is a good movie. It has good humor and romance, and a few tear jerking moments as well.

Overall - 9/10

It's also the kind of movie I could show to my parents.