Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

I see. I'm looking forward to the movies.

I'm actually glad I voted for Evangelion. I have no regrets.

I like how Asuka, Rei, and Mitsuko (I assume they're the counterparts of those people in Shinji's mind) tell Shinji that the ending that they have just reached is only one of many possible endings. It's like telling him that you can do better next time. AKA the movies or something. I just liked the idea.

The thing that's happening right now, Ikari's so-called Human Instrumentality Project, is somewhat similar to Sharnoth.

I see. I'm looking forward to the movies.

I'm actually glad I voted for Evangelion. I have no regrets.

I like how Asuka, Rei, and Mitsuko (I assume they're the counterparts of those people in Shinji's mind) tell Shinji that the ending that they have just reached is only one of many possible endings. It's like telling him that you can do better next time. AKA the movies or something. I just liked the idea.

The thing that's happening right now, Ikari's so-called Human Instrumentality Project, is somewhat similar to Sharnoth.

Yes, you should directly watch the director's cut version for eps 21-24. There's about 5-10 minutes of additional content per episode.

Oh, and in case anyone wondered, there's no point in watching the Death & Rebirth movie, it's only a recap. You can jump directly to End of Evangelion.

I'm also at the episode 20, going to save the best part for tomorrow. Truly Eva is at its best when all goes wrong.

I'm actually kinda happy now that we chose Eva. I'm not really sure why I had such negative memories of it. Maybe because I had no one to talk about it or maybe because the harmful influence of internet. Without this club I probably would have never re-watched it.

Episode 21...

Hi Umineko

Also is there something else that's worth watching after NGE or can I just spoil myself with wikis and TVTropes immediately afterwards?

End of EVA movie so I've heard.

The rebuild movies are also a whole other ballgame if you want to watch those. 

Hello, police? I would like to report a theft. Approximately 20 years ago an unknown culprit broke into the studio and stole THE ENTIRE ANIMATION BUDGET FOR THE LAST 2 EPISODES!

The production started falling apart in episode 16 :P It's funny because the depressive shit the characters go through also reflect the hell the team went through...

As I said the first drafts for episode 25 and 26 (which were refused by the broadcasters anyway) later became End of Evangelion, and that movie features some of the best animation cuts in all of anime (all hail Mitsuo Iso).

It's over. I'm not really sure how I feel about the last two episodes, but otherwise the second half is just stellar. Eva shines when there is psychological stuff mixed with the Mecha action.

Watching it second time allowed me to focus better, since I wasn't confused from the new events as much. I also didn't hate most of the characters this time. 

I really like the creative (budget saving ;)) animation in the second half, like the blinking text/picture sequences, especially the black-and-white one when Asuka breaks. I remember being really shocked the first time I saw it, not only because it's a heavy scene on it's own, but also because the visuals itself cause unrest. The weird cuts and visualizations have so much power.

Well then, I'm off to watch the End of Evangelion and the Rebuild movies.

Yeey, finished eva. I understood a lot more this time around, so i get a feeling of accomplishment.

Well, i didnt understand a few things, so i Googled it and "understood" more. Theres TOO MANY FUCKING THEORIES, so i just hope the staff would simply explain it for us. But ofc it wont happen. I wont type about them here, cuz u can just read them in the interwebs...

As everyone said, the wit of the producers and studio while they were compiled under shit and even more shit. The way they explained the feelings and the rest of the things that happened with the simplest things. Etc etc. The deep plot that engages us all.

Now for the negative things. They piled too much shit in so few episodes. It would've turned out very very well if they bothered to add in more stuff. Guess that few more stuff would be End of Evangelion.

Art: 6/10

Guess its good enough for an 90s anime. But i wont forgive the black and white screens that took a quarter of the last episodes.

Music: 5.5/10

I heard nothing special at all. Soo

Story: 10/10

its actually quite good if you actually understand stuff.

Characters: 8/10

Kaoru x Shinji 4eva

Enjoyment: 7/10

Too much mindrape.

Overall: 8/10

Derp

For the next genre, i Have some stuff

Space(cowboy bebop, space dandy, space brothas)

Military/action/seinen( black lagoon/ Jormungand)

And Mecha(code geass/gundam lmao/infinite stratos)

lol

Well tell me what u think

Oh yeah.. and harem, cuz sweg