Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, we've been going for a quarter now guys.  I must say I'm both shocked and thrilled that the club as been so popular.  Therefore, this seems like a perfect time to stop a bit and review and make sure we're going in the right direction.  I have posted a couple key questions in the poll above so it would be helpful if you could fill that out (NOTE anyone can fill it out if you have or have not participated at any point).  Additionally, if you have any comments, concerns, suggestions or the like, please PM either me or Nosebleed about them and we'll be happy to hear them.  

My goal here is to make this club something enjoyable for everyone, whether you're already an avid anime fan or just getting interested and want some people to talk with and help guide you along the way.  I realize I can't meet everyone's needs and sometimes these needs conflict but I'll try to do my best to find solutions that satisfy everyone and keep the club prosperous for a long time. 

Well, that's all I have to say.  Go enjoy some Milky Holmes.  :sachi:

I still think the various cycles (normal, seasonal, etc...) should each be in a separate thread; especially if we get other types of cycles.

Not really enjoying milky holmes...but I very rarely care for slapstick or comedy in general so that could be why.

Okay so here's my super late review for Madoka Magica

I watched the series and then the third movie.

Story - 8/10

The story was good throughout, the movie seemed to fit properly with the series for me unlike what many others were saying. The premise was well done.

And God that gag in the movie where Mami has her code-name or something as cheese and Bebe keeps saying that she wants to eat cheese.

Might as well post my review of milky holmes

Story: Banana/10

Characters: Fish Paste/10

Artstyle: Twenty's Nipples/10

Sound: Kokoro-chan is best idol/10

Overall: Lard/10

I could have written a long and thorough explanation but, just like Milky Holmes, it would be pointless.

Review for MH.

Story

9999999999999/10

Haha, NO!

Artisticery

8/10

Nipples. Arsene's boobs. Face Expressions

Music

?/10

I don't remember hearing anything. Guess that means it was not bad but not good to too.

Enjoyment

I just wanted to laugh watching a comedy anime. BuT comedy wise MH was 3/10. It had some stuff. But no.

Overall 5/10

W/E

I haven't even finished it yet, but I can already give you my review for Milky Holmes. And I'm completely serious with these ratings.

Story: There's a story?/10

Characters: Can't tell if Arsene is the villain, or their mother./10

Art: Colors. Shiny. Nipples./10

Soundtrack: Um.../10

Enjoyment: The characters are too idiotic to figure out that Henrietta is Arsene./10

Overall: Why did you make me watch this?/10

Okay just finished MH, so here's a more serious review.

Story: 6/10

While the story wasn't really exciting, it still gave a goal for the characters to accomplish, and that's all it needs.

Characters: 6/10

The characters are too idiotic when it comes to serious situations, and that took away some of the enjoyment for me. Don't get me wrong, I like a loveable idiot character, but the fact that they can't be serious about something for more than, like, an hour feels stupid to me.

Art: 8/10

The art was actually quite nice, very colorful and lively

Soundtrack: 5/10

To be honest the music wasn't my style, and it felt like it was a background element.

Enjoyment:

Beginning: 4/10   Middle: 6/10   End 8/10  Though when they lost their toys AGAIN, my feeling of accomplishment was destroyed.

Overall: 7/10

While at first I didn't like it, eventually it grew on me. So I'll probably watch all of the seasons later.

The problem with milky holmes is that it expects you to laugh at brain dead characters. It's not random, there's no gags, It doesn't attempt to do anything with its characters, they just put 4 girls who can't do anything and then you have to find it funny.

Some people laugh, others are just left there scratching their heads, and that is essentially the problem Milky Holmes has and why some people think it's stupid and others find it funny.