What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Tonari no Kaibutsu was good, how do you like it?

It was alright but it lost points for open ending. Manga did better.

I like shoujo anime to some degree but i hate when they focus so heavily on romance and then don't have a relationship unfold. It makes you feel like "what was the point?!" and that's not good. I advice you to watch Lovely Complex if you liked Tonari because it at least has a decent ending. Also Kimi ni Todoke though that one's more dramatic but still a decent ending. And if you really just want a very simple romance, Sukitte Ii na yo should do the trick.

Watching Maria Holic. Oh god the protagonist is my alter ego! Getting nosebleeds over anything cute.

Maria-holic.gif

Extremly funny so far. Will keep watching for sure.

And then i'll watch Serial Experiments Lane

Followed by 5 Centimeters per Second which I WAS TOLD was sadder and more dramatic than Clannad and that it marks you as a person and you will never think about life the same way anymore. I have high expectations.

I feel so bipolar now. Comedy > Horror > Drama

Pretty nice, I liked it. As Nosebleed said, the open ending kinda sucks, but that's the burden of most "advertisement for the manga" 13 episode anime...

Another really good shoujo adaptation is Kare Kano. At least until episode 16, when the mangaka went butthurt, Anno left the ship, and it kinda sank.

And then i'll watch Serial Experiments Lane

Your brain is not ready.

Followed by 5 Centimeters per Second which I WAS TOLD was sadder and more dramatic than Clannad and that it marks you as a person and you will never think about life the same way anymore. I have high expectations.

Tssk, those tear-inducing stuff fans. 5cm.s-1 is a good movie, really touching and it will make you cry, but life-changing... Yeah no, it's just another Shinkai movie.

Pretty nice, I liked it. As Nosebleed said, the open ending kinda sucks, but that's the burden of most "advertisement for the manga" 13 episode anime...

Another really good shoujo adaptation is Kare Kano. At least until episode 16, when the mangaka went butthurt, Anno left the ship, and it kinda sank.

Your brain is not ready.

Tssk, those tear-inducing stuff fans. 5cm.s-1 is a good movie, really touching and it will make you cry, but life-changing... Yeah no, it's just another Shinkai movie.

My brain is never ready. That's the good part. But i heard a nice review about it that said although it is extremly weird and confusing it's also approachable from many different points of view so you still have a good chance of connecting and understanding it even if you don't get what's going on entirely. 

Others say it's just watching anime on acid. Either way i'm going to.

Well like i said those were reviews from other people so i can't personally vouch for them but they did make me want to try so here goes nothing. I do expect to cry still.

But i heard a nice review about it that said although it is extremly weird and confusing it's also approachable from many different points of view so you still have a good chance of connecting and understanding it even if you don't get what's going on entirely. 

Others say it's just watching anime on acid. Either way i'm going to.

First part is kinda true. It's hard to not relate to it one way or another, because the thematics completely hit home and won't grow outdated for a few decades at least.

Plus even if at some point you're lost about what's going on (the plot can be confusing even though it's slow-paced), there's still that really creepy atmosphere.

Oh, and the opening is awesome. Kinda prepares you for what awaits you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9CXmEUwvgM

Why did Mondaiji tachi stop ....

WHHHYYYYYYYYY ?!?!?!

Finnaly found a shounen anime I liked with no lame main character or boring speaches on hope and friendship every 10 seconds.

And it's only 10 episodes and stops for no reason ...

I'm really sad ... THIS SUCKS !

Why did Mondaiji tachi stop ....

WHHHYYYYYYYYY ?!?!?!

Finnaly found a shounen anime I liked with no lame main character or boring speaches on hope and friendship every 10 seconds.

And it's only 10 episodes and stops for no reason ...

I'm really sad ... THIS SUCKS !

I liked the anime too Izayoi was so cool!! It MAY get a second season tho... later... probably... 

Oh and Just finished Attack on Titan and I'll say this:

It was good for the first arc. Honestly i was so freaking scared... e.e It made me think: 'What IF titans were real'

And I REALLY didnt like Erens Char at all... All he does is talk...

And Eren Titan mode is used Waaaaay too much. i dont think ive seen him kill a titan without titan mode.

Levi on the other hand... HES FREAKING EPIC!! Definitely my fav char next to Mikasa.

Mikasa's char was pretty good. I can understand why she was voted the best heroine. She played a great role in my opinion. and idk why but most of the characters didnt appeal to me much other than Sasha... but i have no idea why for that lol. The whole second arc when they are outside the walls was kinda dead to me. 

That whole female titan thing made me go 'wtf'. And i had a feeling from the start that it was Annie. The resemblance, and how she knew what Eren looked like and how she didnt kill Armin. Eren really pissed me off in that arc... even in titan mode he couldnt do shet. And that last scene at the end (the titan's face in the wall) i had guessed tht lol. the wall is made of titans... but it scared me when it popped out the way it did e.e

Im my opinion, this was nothing special. But it was much better than naruto shippuden... but between Naruto and Eren, id pick Naruto as a fav. cuz his 9tails isnt that over used like

Eren's titan

. With all that said, I still await a season 2. 

Now, Back to Kyokai no Kanata!! Started from where i left off at ep 6 and it was great!! definitely a nine on my list but thn it dies down on ep 7... hopefully it gets better...

Edited by Down
spoiler tags

Watching Bakemonogatari.

I'd say it looks promising (I've only seen a couple episodes) is really really good

For attack on Titan, i'd advise you to read the manga .

Edited by Guest

I get bored easily, which is a problem. So I usually lose interest in some anime quickly. Someone get me something interesting.

Recently Finished: 

OreGairu

Currently Watching: 

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Started. Standing By:

Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions

Mirai Nikki

Kuroko no Basuke

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Yuru Yuri

Sound of the Sky

many others (total: 15)

Started. Currently on hold:

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Air

Another

Toradora!

Hanasaku Iroha

many others (total: 7)

Started Seto no Hanayome  

Watch out for the cats!

I enjoyed that show much more than I should have, Its Hyper humor got to me, But I mean Is this not the Pinnacle of Moe

eX29kDA.png

I have not had a chance to finish it yet, Although the best character in it by far is Nagoya

HorribleSubs-Tonari-no-Kaibutsu-kun-02-7

thinking about watching Attack on Titan 

I enjoyed it, Although most of that was because Sawano Hiroyuki Did the Composing/production of the music, I love his work, especially when he did Taiyou no uta

Watch out for the cats!

I enjoyed that show much more than I should have, Its Hyper humor got to me, But I mean Is this not the Pinnacle of Moe

I'm having troubles with it though, even if the comedy is good, I get bored of the "let's abuse the main character" setting D; I'm watching it really slowly because of that.

I'm having troubles with it though, even if the comedy is good, I get bored of the "let's abuse the main character" setting D; I'm watching it really slowly because of that.

Yea I know what you mean

I just Turned off my brain and let the guilty pleasure of the hyper comedy get the better of me

Its definitely not a show to be taken seriously 

i think every character is better than the protag. Even the female lead manages to be manlier. Hence why i have 0 issues with seeing him get beat up. And i'm a bit of an M myself.

As pointd out before the main focus is comedy so don't expect deep romance.