Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

1 minute ago, Eclipsed said:

I AM INNOCENT

Jokes aside , how the hell did you get accused of plagiarism just because of that , it would be the same as i accused a somebody of plagiarism , because in a 10 pages text , he wrote a line that was similar  to some other student :vinty:

8 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

I love how this is the only thing I get dinged on for plagiarism on my Film essay
ibU6B1t.png (850×276)

There's only so many ways you can say things when you're reviewing the same film :saber:

Objection!

There were no fewer than fifty-three producers listed in the opening credits!

<Insert evidence here>

Isn't it much more likely to be a case of plagiarism than of you both making exactly the same highly unlikely mistake?

I'm assuming the plagiarization checker works the same way for Eclipsed as it does in my uni, as in it checks against a crapton of other papers and finds similar chunks, but if you have a couple of small chunks similar to other papers that are trivial, nobody is actually going to accuse you of plagiarizing.

5 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Have you mixed up the meanings of "shit" and "water" as a child, because that's the only way such a shit taste could have come into existence.

I dunno, have you read Umineko? As I said, one of my greatest disappointments, same with Higurashi. Legendary VNs, so maybe my expectations were high, but...the guy can create an amazing start to as story, but his middle drags, and his endings are shit.

16 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

I dunno, have you read Umineko? As I said, one of my greatest disappointments, same with Higurashi. Legendary VNs, so maybe my expectations were high, but...the guy can create an amazing start to as story, but his middle drags, and his endings are shit.

True, but Muv-Luv started out as a long-ass harem, and leads to a story that's pretty much common in VNs nowadays (appreciate what you have before it's gone), especially among Key VNs. Oh yeah, and Steins;Gate does the same story in a shorter (and therefore, more effective and practical) format. At least Ryukishi07 gets points for creativity, albeit convoluted. He also gets points for being able to create suspense very well. I thought Episode 5 was a borefest at first, but then around the middle of it, "someone" gets the upper hand and things became exciting again from the surprising turn of events.

Are you crazy?  I know it's subjective, but to compare it to Key? Really? Key who hasn't made a new VN since like 1995?  My issue is he uses plot twists too much. People give M.Night Shamalayn shit for that, but he can use 8-16 plot twists a VN and people drool over it. I dunno, I enjoyed the VNs...but I felt like they shouldn't have been anywhere near as long.

As for Steins;gate, my issue is with how there's so many plot holes. It's Time Travel, sure, they'll exist, but Steins;gate gets tons of praise, I see in reviews and websites, for "Doing Time-Travel smart", and all I can think of is there's like 7-8 plotholes just on the surface level, let along if you dig deeper.

As for Muv Luv, yeah, it starts as a harem, but ends up going into one of the best VNS to date, being satisfying all around. If anything, Umineko, and Higurashi, start off at that point of the potential of being "One of the best", but then devolve into "But wait, there's more!"

butwaittheresmore.jpeg

Not saying I regret reading them, they were fun, and I got some great music out of them, but I think ryuushiki or whatever his name is needs an Editor. He's like George Lucas when he got divorced and his wife left him, no one was there to tell him "No George, that's not a good idea." Same thing here.

17 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Are you crazy?  I know it's subjective, but to compare it to Key? Really? Key who hasn't made a new VN since like 1995?  My issue is he uses plot twists too much. People give M.Night Shamalayn shit for that, but he can use 8-16 plot twists a VN and people drool over it. I dunno, I enjoyed the VNs...but I felt like they shouldn't have been anywhere near as long.

As for Steins;gate, my issue is with how there's so many plot holes. It's Time Travel, sure, they'll exist, but Steins;gate gets tons of praise, I see in reviews and websites, for "Doing Time-Travel smart", and all I can think of is there's like 7-8 plotholes just on the surface level, let along if you dig deeper.

As for Muv Luv, yeah, it starts as a harem, but ends up going into one of the best VNS to date, being satisfying all around. If anything, Umineko, and Higurashi, start off at that point of the potential of being "One of the best", but then devolve into "But wait, there's more!"

Not saying I regret reading them, they were fun, and I got some great music out of them, but I think ryuushiki or whatever his name is needs an Editor. He's like George Lucas when he got divorced and his wife left him, no one was there to tell him "No George, that's not a good idea." Same thing here.

The way I read your statement, it seems like your opinion is completely subjective as well. You don't like the crazy twists, but some people like me actually enjoy exaggerated stuff like that. It even has a term for it: hyperbole. A lot of people actually enjoy hyperbole, so yes, I could call your statement "crazy" as much as you did, even though it's "subjective", as you said. If anything, the VN doesn't have enough plot-twists, making a lot of the moments boring af because it drags on and on with monologuing.

And are YOU crazy? Comparing Ryukishi07 to M. Night Shamalavan or whatever the fuck his name is? One of the worst directors in existence? Yeah, you're the one tripping, brah, not me. M. Night's twists make no fucking sense. At least Ryukishi07's twists have some kind of coherence to them, referencing real world logic and history as opposed to M. Night's ass-pulls. So no, people don't just 'drool' over Ryukishi07's stories for no reason. I'm not a blind fanboy who doesn't see the flaws of his productions (hell, Ryukishi07's VNs are not even among my top 10 favorite VN, let alone any of my top favorite lists), but I could at least appreciate them enough to see the clear difference between someone like him and a hack like M. Night Shamalabutan. Even James Cameron is a better director than M. Night - and that guy supported Terminator: Genisys!

I referenced Steins;Gate not because I love it. Hell, I don't even like it that much either. I mentioned it because it has a very similar story as what Muv-Luv set out to tell, so all that hype around how Muv-Luv deconstructed the harem genre isn't all that amazing in hindsight. School Days deconstructed harem too, just to toss in another example of "someone else also did the same shit". Same with Key's titles like Clannad, Angel Beats!, and Little Busters. All of them rehashed the same story of "appreciate what you have in life" to death. Hell, it's become a cliche among many anime. So what's new, Muv-Luv? Why should I bother with you when you're whoring the same virus around?

10 hours ago, Lucius said:

The way I read your statement, it seems like your opinion is completely subjective as well. You don't like the crazy twists, but some people like me actually enjoy exaggerated stuff like that. It even has a term for it: hyperbole. A lot of people actually enjoy hyperbole, so yes, I could call your statement "crazy" as much as you did, even though it's "subjective", as you said. If anything, the VN doesn't have enough plot-twists, making a lot of the moments boring af because it drags on and on with monologuing.

And are YOU crazy? Comparing Ryukishi07 to M. Night Shamalavan or whatever the fuck his name is? One of the worst directors in existence? Yeah, you're the one tripping, brah, not me. M. Night's twists make no fucking sense. At least Ryukishi07's twists have some kind of coherence to them, referencing real world logic and history as opposed to M. Night's ass-pulls. So no, people don't just 'drool' over Ryukishi07's stories for no reason. I'm not a blind fanboy who doesn't see the flaws of his productions (hell, Ryukishi07's VNs are not even among my top 10 favorite VN, let alone any of my top favorite lists), but I could at least appreciate them enough to see the clear difference between someone like him and a hack like M. Night Shamalabutan. Even James Cameron is a better director than M. Night - and that guy supported Terminator: Genisys!

I referenced Steins;Gate not because I love it. Hell, I don't even like it that much either. I mentioned it because it has a very similar story as what Muv-Luv set out to tell, so all that hype around how Muv-Luv deconstructed the harem genre isn't all that amazing in hindsight. School Days deconstructed harem too, just to toss in another example of "someone else also did the same shit". Same with Key's titles like Clannad, Angel Beats!, and Little Busters. All of them rehashed the same story of "appreciate what you have in life" to death. Hell, it's become a cliche among many anime. So what's new, Muv-Luv? Why should I bother with you when you're whoring the same virus around?

Just going to say, yeah, I believe Ryushishi and M.night are very comparable in the way they write their characters and stories. Hell, even their real-life personal issues are similar. :P

1 minute ago, Mkilbride said:

Just going to say, yeah, I believe Ryushishi and M.night are very comparable in the way they write their characters and stories. Hell, even their real-life personal issues are similar. :P

Oh, oh! I'm convinced. What a remarkable deduction, Mkilbride. :mare:

But seriously, no.

Confession: I was trying to download a movie completely 100% "legally" :rimu:and i realize Kicka- 'The site that shall not be named' is down. Apparently they arrested the guy. Bummer. At least Reddit did something good for once in it's life and provided a quick solution. 

On the other hand I have to start packing to move next week :komari: you think moving to a next state is arduous? well wait till you gotta move countries like i'm doing ya damn twatwaffles. How the hell am i gonna know how to get around? I regret all my life decisions entirely. 

@Flutterz I might just move to Canada if trump wins, but the thought of moving to a next country again so soon will legitimately kill me :vinty:

12 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

One of the most pointless things you can argue about in Steins;Gate is plot holes. No matter how you try to look at it, everything is justified.

"I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics." -Richard Feynman

For a time travel story, I thought it was really neat. Yeah, sure, the writers definitely took full advantage of the liberties that come with writing a time travel story, but at least they included some actual documented research to solidify the anime as a science fiction work.

5 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Yes. A completely made up story. I get it.

My issue is, time travel stories are going to have plot holes - I completely expect that. But when the author is trying to tell you -there- aren't, when there are -very- obvious ones, it bugs me.

This coming from the guy who supports M Night. Shamalavan.

10 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

My issue is, time travel stories are going to have plot holes - I completely expect that. But when the author is trying to tell you -there- aren't, when there are -very- obvious ones, it bugs me.

But there aren't any plot holes. ;) When it comes to time travel, it is literally impossible (at this point in time) to create a plot hole. Why? Because it is impossible to create a paradox by time traveling.

Physicists reveal how the universe guarantees paradox-free time travel

Like I said, it's a pointless debate.

Why are people expecting good quality 'hard science fiction' from their VNs? 'Hard' sci fi is the domain of those who have science degrees, professors of science, and those who work in fields of science. Alastair Reynolds worked at the European Space Agency for over a decade, Isaac Asimov studied biochemistry, and Stephen Baxter mathematics and engineering. It is a very intimidating field to enter.

With sci-fi animes or VNs, if you're to enjoy the story just accept that there'll be plot holes or problems with the science and be done with it. 

31 minutes ago, Down said:

Y'know, this isn't gonna go anywhere if someone doesn't concretely lists what plot holes they think there are in Steins;Gate so we can examine them.

Well, the only plot hole that comes to mind is the Grandfather Paradox that is infamously difficult to wrap your mind around. I myself only have a gross understanding of quantum theory, so it's kinda difficult for me to come up with better arguments in regard to the plot holes in Steins;Gate. But what I'm trying to get at is that there isn't a single person in this thread (unless there's someone with formal education on the matter) who is qualified to say anything in regards to the plot of Steins;Gate.

Quantum mechanics is very weird and anti-intuitive, so you really can't measure a time travel story by standard logic.

11 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

But what I'm trying to get at is that there isn't a single person in this thread (unless there's someone with formal education on the matter) who is qualified to say anything in regards to the plot of Steins;Gate.

The logical extension of that argument is that unless the author has a formal education on the matter, then he isn’t qualified to defend the show against any criticisms concerning plot holes and science matters. I don’t think you want to wander down that path.

I should point out that plenty of people criticise Doctor Who for its plot holes and weird science, but hardly anybody cares.