Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I'm genuinely worried that one day my fiancée will look through my pictures... or my history... or these forums... or question my true motives to learn Japanese (all the utsuge) and decide I am simply too weird.

tl;dr: need more wholesome hobbies.

Confession: I just got another jury summons, and this time it's not for a grand jury, which unfortunately means that I actually have to show up and can't just decline through the mail.  Strangely, I've had almost half as many summons this year as my mom has had in her entire life.

I recently went to one (petit) jury. At least in my state, if don't excuse yourself and either serve or be excused by the judge/lawyers, then they won't call you back until 6 years. But if you excuse yourself for like vacation or something minor, they'd call you back a few months after. Last time I served was 2009, and I just served 2015. I'm set till 2021.

One trick even if you get selected as a juror is to say you watch fox news or something. Lawyers then would most likely excuse you using their peremptory challenges, which was what happened to me for two trials in a row this year. You can also pray to get selected in the jury pool for a specific trial but not actually picked into the jury box. It counts as you serving.

I recently went to one (petit) jury. At least in my state, if don't excuse yourself and either serve or be excused by the judge/lawyers, then they won't call you back until 6 years. But if you excuse yourself for like vacation or something minor, they'd call you back a few months after. Last time I served was 2009, and I just served 2015. I'm set till 2021.

One trick even if you get selected as a juror is to say you watch fox news or something. Lawyers then would most likely excuse you using their peremptory challenges, which was what happened to me for two trials in a row this year. You can also pray to get selected in the jury pool for a specific trial but not actually picked into the jury box. It counts as you serving.