Sekai Project Official Grisaia Translation?

douggle

It sounds like they aren't going to dilly-dally around on this. The crowdfunding campaign launches next month, and Koestl says he's hoping they're able to release Rakuen just a year after the campaign ends. So the whole trilogy could be released by the end of next year. That would be pretty amazing. He isn't even half done with Gahkthun yet, though, so he's going to be a very busy man.

he'll be paid so he'll work pretty fast

I see. So Koestl is some kind of coin machine that only works when insert money?

Money can certainly give you motivation, but I don't see how it'd make you translate faster. Actually, Grisaia got translated pretty fast for it's size, and the translation is fantastic. 

I see. So Koestl is some kind of coin machine that only works when insert money?

Money can certainly give you motivation, but I don't see how it'd make you translate faster. Actually, Grisaia got translated pretty fast for it's size, and the translation is fantastic. 

Yeah, but you have it backwards. He won't be translating because he's getting paid, he'll be getting paid because he's translating.

Grisaia went from start to finish in about 14 or 15 months. And it also has a 3.7mb script. Only other fan translator to really do that is ixrec except koestl's work is of so much higher quality. Dude can fucking book it when he wants to. 

lcpDQ6n.gif

Think this through a bit.  What do you think fan translators do when they're not translating?  Among other things, they're working.  If they're actually getting paid, that's an opportunity to spend less time doing other things to actually make a living and instead spend that time translating.  The more they're paid, the less reason they have to work other jobs, and the more time they can devote to a given project.

Sometimes the entitlement complex shown by the fanbase amazes me.  Just because you can make unlimited copies of digital media doesn't mean that it's free to produce, or that the time of the people involved is worthless.

Grisaia went from start to finish in about 14 or 15 months. And it also has a 3.7mb script. Only other fan translator to really do that is ixrec except koestl's work is of so much higher quality. Dude can fucking book it when he wants to. 

We need to find a way to plug him and Mdz together so we can get reach ludicrous speeds.

Think this through a bit.  What do you think fan translators do when they're not translating?  Among other things, they're working.  If they're actually getting paid, that's an opportunity to spend less time doing other things to actually make a living and instead spend that time translating.  The more they're paid, the less reason they have to work other jobs, and the more time they can devote to a given project.

Sometimes the entitlement complex shown by the fanbase amazes me.  Just because you can make unlimited copies of digital media doesn't mean that it's free to produce, or that the time of the people involved is worthless.

I did think of this after writing that first comment but I decided to leave it in favour of the coin machine joke, I'm afraid.

I also don't see how the entitlement topic has anything to do the conversation at hand. I made no comments regarding how his efforts are compensated and how much a fanbase deserves it. In fact, I'm rather thankful for his work. But isn't my love and imminent support for the visual novel evidence of this already?

yep when money comes to the picture people start working pretty fast :D

I'm gonna support this no doubt about that. I am a little concerned whether or not they should do the kickstarter for the entire trilogy or if they should do like what they plan. The reason I say this is because once they reach goal I fear they will get less donations...mainly because I know people tend not to donate once goal is reached. Do you think it would be better to try for the entire trilogy or should they just do it one game at a time?

Hopefully I'll be able to pledge for this.  I've got my JCI this month(Japanese Compulsory Insurance:  a bi-annual event where car shops charge around $600 to put a stamp on a paper saying you can drive your car for the next two years), which may put me behind on rent.  Once I get that sorted out, GnK will be the first thing I look at.

No, you would have assuredly heard about it here if it was. You can sign your email up at their prefundia page to get notified when the kickstarter goes live. It will happen sometime in the middle or end of November.

My body is ready for that trilogy boxset...as is my wallet....actually my wallet will scream out in pain but it'll just have to find a way to deal with it.