Can someone hand me a gun so I can shoot Michiru?

crunchytaco

I think it depends on everyone's preferences. I would say nobody of the 5 are a abd character.

I just in the middle of the Game (in Sachi's route, played Makina and Michuru before) and so i can't make a final statement. Makina for me is a ways more shallow character as Michuru. It is not that i dislike her, but for me she is only entertaining and has not much depth. Michiru in other ways was from the start more interesting, you (or I) could see from the beginning that she is not who she seems to be. If you doesn't see her that way, i can understand that she is somehow annoying, but that depends on you ;).

So for me Michuru (and her Route) are much more fulfilling than Makina. But thats only my opinion, so feel free to correct me ;).

PS: I complaint over Yuuji a lot, but in Sachi's Route i recognize him as a human being and feel a little sympathy.

I think it depends on everyone's preferences. I would say nobody of the 5 are a abd character.

I just in the middle of the Game (in Sachi's route, played Makina and Michuru before) and so i can't make a final statement. Makina for me is a ways more shallow character as Michuru. It is not that i dislike her, but for me she is only entertaining and has not much depth. Michiru in other ways was from the start more interesting, you (or I) could see from the beginning that she is not who she seems to be. If you doesn't see her that way, i can understand that she is somehow annoying, but that depends on you ;).

So for me Michuru (and her Route) are much more fulfilling than Makina. But thats only my opinion, so feel free to correct me ;).

PS: I complaint over Yuuji a lot, but in Sachi's Route i recognize him as a human being and feel a little sympathy.

Right - I like Makina as well, but I don't love her for the same reasons. She's like looking into a mirror. I recently passed her route option and skipped it. I have other characters in mind. 

As for the MC, he feels like an empty vessel for me.

Yuuji and Kenichi are an awfully lot similar, except Kenichi had a lot more vulnerabilities and weakness' apparent right off. I haven't played a whole lot of this genre to be honest but I wonder if this is a typical character trope.

Right - I like Makina as well, but I don't love her for the same reasons. She's like looking into a mirror. I recently passed her route option and skipped it. I have other characters in mind. 

As for the MC, he feels like an empty vessel for me.

Yuuji and Kenichi are an awfully lot similar, except Kenichi had a lot more vulnerabilities and weakness' apparent right off. I haven't played a whole lot of this genre to be honest but I wonder if this is a typical character trope.

Uh, if you think Yuuji doesn't have any weaknesses you haven't been paying very close attention to the game, sorry to say. Yuuji is the most broken person in that school.

Anyways, Michiru's seiyuu managed to do a pretty good job with her I think, but I can't say I liked her that much for awhile either. I liked her ALOT more in her AF in Meikyuu and in part's of her route, where it's less about the whole tsundere thing.

Uh, if you think Yuuji doesn't have any weaknesses you haven't been paying very close attention to the game, sorry to say. Yuuji is the most broken person in that school.

yeah he is

and that is most shown in makina's route that focuses on yuuji's past and what are the things he had to go through he really suffered a lot poor guy

when i first played grisaia i thought of it as a comedy with nothing serious going on but things change when you get to a character route it becomes more dark themed i really feel sorry for them...

Anyways, Michiru's seiyuu managed to do a pretty good job with her I think, but I can't say I liked her that much for awhile either. I liked her ALOT more in her AF in Meikyuu and in part's of her route, where it's less about the whole tsundere thing.

Er..  I never said he didn't have any weaknesses or close to that. Reread my post.

The whole fake Tsundere routine is played out. Good for cheap laughs at the beginning but it's become the same shtick every scene. Her fans are the masochists variety. Jk, jk.

I'm so sick of these anti-Michiru posts...

Goddamn these stupid tsundere moments to hell. If you don't plan to develop a character into anything other than a pointless joke character, don't create them in the first place, asshole!

Her fake tsundere thing is what makes her different from the countless tsundere everywhere which is a plus in itself. Her comedy routine was a little repetitive indeed, sometimes her voice was annoying too, the first half of her route felt as if taken straight out of a bad moege, but that is only compared to most of the other characters. I like how she consciously plays the idiot for the amusement of the group.

What bothered me is that I really can't see Michiru as someone to fall in love with, so her route just felt weird to me. But hey it still had feels and a fitting comedy ending so I liked it anyway.

I kind of have a thing for low cliche characters, whoever they are.

peanutsbuttmonkey.jpg

Hidoi =/

Her fake tsundere thing is what makes her different from the countless tsundere everywhere which is a plus in itself. Her comedy routine was a little repetitive indeed, sometimes her voice was annoying too, the first half of her route felt as if taken straight out of a bad moege, but that is only compared to most of the other characters. I like how she consciously plays the idiot for the amusement of the group.

What bothered me is that I really can't see Michiru as someone to fall in love with, so her route just felt weird to me. But hey it still had feels and a fitting comedy ending so I liked it anyway.

I kind of have a thing for low cliche characters, whoever they are.

Basically, she has a nice personality but not my type.

It's a bit unorthodox to see 007 relaxing to a semi-sedentary life and romancing the class clown.

I'm curious about this "sexy" side of her that's hidden beneath this idiot facade. 

What bothered me is that I really can't see Michiru as someone to fall in love with,

That's funny, because her true self is precisely the type of girl anime writers targeted as the main heroine people would fall in love with: the helpless, insecure ill-girl who's not too bright but not exactly dumb at the same time, not to mention being secretly kind-hearted too. Nagisa from Clannad, Madoka from Madoka, Kana Todo from Kana: Imouto, Nayuki Minase from Kanon. If anything, her true self is supposed to generate the kind of moe feeling you would normally get from such heroines, the desire to protect the vulnerable girl from the harshness of reality.

The problem, therefore, is that even in the real world, her secretive niceness is kept secret from VN players as well as long as they only regard her 'class clown' side as the real side of her and they choose to ignore her route like it's some unnecessary side of her that should be disregarded, like Mr. CrunchyHipster over there and Freestyle80 further above. So even in the real world, being Michiru is suffering! Doomed to play the Fool on the Hill (wink-wink) for all eternity...

And from what Scars Unseen described about her character in the sequels, she doesn't get any better treatment, either. No. Because a character like her doesn't deserve to grow as a person, right Frontwing? Might as well just cash in on her comedic side and make a Mahou Shoujo spin-off like the milk-cow Saber was in F/SN! God, I hate corporate idiots like you people. YOU are the real idiots, Frontwing, not Michiru. And the same goes for Nasu and Type-Moon!

There isn't one. Like, at all. She's kind of ugly in H-scenes IMO.

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all. I don't find her ugly at all. Not sexy, but that's because that's what she's supposed to be like. Do you find Nagisa 'sexy' in Clannad? I don't think so. She's not supposed to be 'sexy', but she's not 'ugly' either. She just doesn't have the same over-blown sex appeal the other heroines have because she was rendered to an unimportant character left in the attic waiting for the yard sale to happen.

Ugly is what I'd describe Hanako in Katawa Shoujo, and even that shallow thought would be a more accurate statement than yours, Funnerific.

I just thought the Michiru jabs were funny :). No need to get upset. She's after Amane on my routes to finish. I swear I will go in with an open mind.

Sigh. Sorry about that over-dramatic tantrum back there, and I apologize for any semi-rude remarks I made about you. It's just so frustrating when it comes to these characters... I can't decide to like them for their nice personality or hate them for the poor way the story portrayed them... So I become really anal about these things more than necessary... Again, my bad.

I'm being a drama queen about this, I know. It's just one character. I mean, I'm currently on Makina's route right now, and her route seems pretty interesting. No need to whine about just one character... The rest of the game is a pretty solid writing, what with all those government conspiracies and political triad conflicts.

That said, it's kinda complicated to explain, but when one part of the story I especially get attached to at the beginning (like say, Saber in Fate route), it just kind of ruins the experience for me when I find out that that small part of the story at the beginning isn't really as significant or exciting as I made it out to be - even if the rest of the story is really good. Sigh. Anyway, personal bias on my part, sorry. -.-"

So are the bad endings there just so you can see the girls suffer?

exactly,that's why they are called "bad ends" 

i don't know if you played all the routes so i'm not gonna spoil it,one of the heroines bad end isn't considered bad 

exactly,that's why they are called "bad ends" 

i don't know if you played all the routes so i'm not gonna spoil it,one of the heroines bad end isn't considered bad 

That's not necessarily true - it's as much of a bad ending for the heroine as it is for the main character.There's even one bad ending that has quite a bit of story in it, though the rest are pretty lame.

That's not necessarily true - it's as much of a bad ending for the heroine as it is for the main character.There's even one bad ending that has quite a bit of story in it, though the rest are pretty lame.

well you can't expect much from a bad end now can you?

well you can't expect much from a bad end now can you?

I wouldn't condemn them just because they're bad ends. I personally like bad ends a lot - and when done right, they can actually be really good. There are bad endings with story, and those tend to be really good - Amane's bad end is a good example; it has impact and story details you won't get anywhere else. It was so nicely done it easily could've served as an ending to the route, and not just a substitute for a game over screen, which I like.

There are plenty of VNs with very good bad endings, for example Kara no Shoujo is quite notable for them.

I haven't read this yet, but from your description I think I won't really like her either to be honest.. either way, its not important what "everyone" thinks, you can always have your own taste right? Would be pretty boring if everyone had the same taste/opinions.

There are plenty of VNs with very good bad endings, for example Kara no Shoujo is quite notable for them.

>good bad endings ^^;

I agree, another example is Remember11 I guess? you can't understand the story without the bad ends, all together they are pretty much 1 big route. So yeah, sometimes bad endings are good/important!

I wouldn't condemn them just because they're bad ends. I personally like bad ends a lot - and when done right, they can actually be really good. There are bad endings with story, and those tend to be really good - Amane's bad end is a good example; it has impact and story details you won't get anywhere else. It was so nicely done it easily could've served as an ending to the route, and not just a substitute for a game over screen, which I like.

don't get me wrong it's not like a i don't like bad ends in any kind of a game or a movie,in a matter of fact i certainly have the same point of view as you do,i feel like they are more memorable in some way than your average good end,and to tell the truth amane's bad end was the best out of the bad ends in the whole game

the worst one was yumiko's bad end i mean it's not even bad did they ran out of ideas or something?

the worst one was yumiko's bad end i mean it's not even bad did they ran out of ideas or something?

You could say they run out of ideas for Sachi and Michiru bad ends, too.

Regardless of what you choose as Sachi, she'll reach the same conclusion - what's different is that with the "bad end" choice protag waits outside for some reason instead of going in to meet up with her, then you get your typical tragedy stroke of bad luck - and that's it.

Michiru bad end did not make sense at all either, I seriously don't get how that choice could influence anything.