Does anyone else think the Summer is looking boring?

Clephas

Another Summer, another year without a new To Aru Majutsu/Kagaku no Index/Railgun season. Also where da Durarara season 2 at. The wait... killing me. 

We all want a new Railgun/Index season. 

Otherwise I think it is a pretty decent summer. I will probably watch at least one anime but not a single anime got the personal hype other animes got sometimes.

But I will probably watch SAO and Sengoku Basara, A couple of animes catch my interest but I will probably wait for some reviews and all episodes are completed before I do something about it. 

A dream scenario would've been a season without a single good anime so I can catch up somewhat on my watchlist.

Now that I checked it out more closely it does look like one of weaker seasons.

The titles I will be watching are:

Tokyo Ghoul
Akame ga Kill!
DRAMAtical Murder
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!
Kantai Collection
Majimoji Rurumo
Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Sword Art Online II
Tokyo ESP

+

Psycho-pass 2 and Hanamonogatari that I plan to watch but have to watch previous seasons first

and from leftovers

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane
Captain Earth

Witch is all together not half of spring season Anime that I will watch.

Titles themselves also look like they are weaker than thouse from spring. So I guess it could be said that it is as week as winter, but then again it has SAO II.

Well, in the end, I will probably end up watching a few more titles, there is always a few nice anime to watch that you missed, but the only ones I am expecting a lot excluding SAO are Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance and Tokyo Ghoul + Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei from leftovers.

Another Summer, another year without a new To Aru Majutsu/Kagaku no Index/Railgun season. 

JC Staff has no plans of continuining Index/Railgun as far as I know. Sadly.

But I can give you a possible reason why there won't be one.

Index's novels sold like hotcakes. And to give you some numbers.

It was the 5th best selling LN in Japan in 2010, beating popular series like Shakugan no Shana and Suzumiya Haruhi.

It was the number 1 best selling in Dengeki Bunko.

Misaka Mikoto was even voted best LN character 5 times in a row in a magazine, something never achieved by any other character, ever.

The series has also been licensed in english and it's selling worldwide and it's incredibly popular.

The New Testament LNs are one of the most popular on going LNs of nowadays. It's ranked 15 on MAL even.

Now what does this mean? Well why do people make anime? To make the original material more popular and thus sell more of it.

But the original material is already selling a lot. So why would they make an anime if the novels are already selling very well? They would most likely lose more in producing the anime because people are already buying a ton of novels so the anime would not increase their profit by much if at all.

The anime would have nothing to promote as the LN series is pretty much self promoting itself really well already so there's no reason to spend money on an anime version.

Hence why there probably will not be a new Index anime for a looong time, if ever.

It's sad but it's reality.

Finally got around to planning my watch for the next season. I tend to look into staff lists to make my choice and I came across quite a few interesting titles. I'd like to mention one certain anime that isn't high on the radar that I think should be. Hanayamata has some REALLY capable SoL staff working on its adaption, and the PVs look adorable. Definitely not something you want to miss if you're a cute girls SoL fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5X1blJm8tA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEYhJi3WlPE

My list for this season will include Akame ga Kill!, Aldnoah.Zero, Ao Haru Ride, Hanayamata, Love Stage!!, DRAMAtical Murder, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Sword Art Online II, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!, and Free!: Eternal Summer. And before you guys say anything about Love Stage!!, DRAMAtical Murder, and Free!, I'm not a bishounen fan! But... sometimes those shows can be interesting to watch. Not only that, but Free! had some damn good character writing (seriously).

What are you taking about the Funimation schedule is actually really....oh right.

*Goes and watches dubbed anime alone*

One Piece dub is on summer hiatus, and right before the start of the Thriller Bark saga too.  Brook or we riot. 

I am pumped for SAO 2 though, (definitely gonna watch that subbed) and I'll probably check out the Sailor Moon Reboot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, Gun Gale Online might be good... i read the LN and I just didn't like GGO that much. Hopefully the anime will change it up a little bit. Need more Kirito x Asuna and less action IMO.

I think you're one of the few with that opinion, lol. Most people I see bash the series for the cliché and somewhat forced (in the beginning, anyway) romance. I, personally, liked it. I would've enjoyed the action more, though. I support KiritoAsuna, though I also think it wasn't needed. That aside...

This summer, I'm looking forward to GGO, and some other anime... That's it. Compared to this Spring's list of anime (Uh, No Game No Life, pls) it feels lackluster, but hey. Givin' it a chance.

I think you're one of the few with that opinion, lol. Most people I see bash the series for the cliché and somewhat forced (in the beginning, anyway) romance. I, personally, liked it. I would've enjoyed the action more, though. I support KiritoAsuna, though I also think it wasn't needed. That aside...

This summer, I'm looking forward to GGO, and some other anime... That's it. Compared to this Spring's list of anime (Uh, No Game No Life, pls) it feels lackluster, but hey. Givin' it a chance.

Yeah I know I am :/ It's just with out Asuna would Kirito have had the courage to finish the game? WIth out Kirito would Asuna have ever been able to live a happy life outside of the game? I am pretty sure I have some sort of abandonment or commitment issues or something so once I see the MC and the main heroine together I ship it to oblivion and want to see more of that.

Sword art online 2 just come out so, let's see if it good or not.

It completely slipped my mind it was going to air today, even though I was just talking about it before going to sleep. I really hope they adapt as close to the VN as possible, I really liked this arc.

Wait so the game for SAO will have routes? It will be a completely different story than the light novel then. I might just have to give it a go  :Kappa:

Hmm I don't think it's like that.

I think you can chose one of the girls as your partner, kind of like a guild, there's also a completely new heroine that's not in the anime.

And then you can get event CGs and stuff and fool around with her aside from doing the missions. You can probably marry her.

This is what I remember reading about at least.

Hmm I don't think it's like that.

I think you can chose one of the girls as your partner, kind of like a guild, there's also a completely new heroine that's not in the anime.

And then you can get event CGs and stuff and fool around with her aside from doing the missions. You can probably marry her.

This is what I remember reading about at least.

If it's anything like Persona I'll probably lose it. 

I have my list right here and so far the fun titles in order are (Based off all the first episodes I watched today)

0. Tokyou Ghoul

1. Akame ga Kill!

2. Aldnoah.Zero (Similar to Fate/Zero)

3. Gekkan Shoujo

4. Barakamon

5. Rail Wars!

edit: tokyo ghoul added

• 2 weeks later...