Best VNs You've Played So Far (2014)

Giki190

Higurashi, the four last chapters though which are somewhat better than the first four (which you'll have to read first).

I/O and Little Busters also count, though I can't quite give a blanket recommendation for either. Well, LB is so widely read that it's probably worth it just to be able to discuss it with others though.

I/O was actually released this year, too~

I only read Steins; Gate and I am currently in episode 3 of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni- that's all in this year so far, since I have many other dwellings than VN's (video games, books, school, electric guitar, mandatory daily procrastination, etc.)

Umineko is like a weird rollercoaster of feelings: I feel somewhat "dislodged" when I read it: I do not know what to think and the game makes you feel many things back-to-back: Happiness, relief immediately followed by fear, disgust and anger. I quite like it.

I'm not sure if this is asking for VNs we read this year, or VNs that were translated this year.

Well the best VN I've read this year is Hoshimemo of course.

I am not sure about this eaither.

Well in both cases Ayakashibito is the best one this year for me.

...I already saw your list on vndb is quite voluminous and impressive..but just curious: just ~how much do you read in a year (or month)?

Clover Days, died of moe in one particular route

Well, You've successfully got me excited/interested in Clover Days and the moment I actually thought it was going to be a great game, I found out that it was untranslated

Thank you, how was it?

Well, You've successfully got me excited/interested in Clover Days and the moment I actually thought it was going to be a great game, I found out that it was untranslated

Thank you, how was it?

Light-hearted, the drama only lasts about an 1 hour. It's great if you want something to just relax.

Clannad i would guess.

Rewrite just wasn't that awesome in my opinion (and afterstory clearly surpasses terra) and Grisaia no Kajitsu suffered too much from Michiru's and especially Yumiko's route (one of the worst things i've ever read in a vn)