Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

I seriously start to believe I should learn japanese myself...Seems like the easiest way...Not that I didn't try before...

Well I did in fact learn Japanese while waiting for some Vn translation

Enought to be able to understand with helpo of dictionaries for Kanji anyway.

But I cant really say I can enjoy nontranslated VN with my level of Japanese. It takes me 10 times more time to read through unvoiced stuff. So it is hard to just enjoy the action with constant straining of your mind and looking through dictionaries. When the text is voied by actors it is faster tho. And I can apreciate some of the word play that is only possible in Japanese now that I can actualy understand them speaking.

But I still take English translated novel over untranslated evry time. I bet it will take me at least 5 more years to be able to read Kanji at decnt pase, enough to enjoy the story without my head buring.

Well I did in fact learn Japanese while waiting for some Vn translation

Enought to be able to understand with helpo of dictionaries for Kanji anyway.

But I cant really say I can enjoy nontranslated VN with my level of Japanese. It takes me 10 times more time to read through unvoiced stuff. So it is hard to just enjoy the action with constant straining of your mind and looking through dictionaries. When the text is voied by actors it is faster tho. And I can apreciate some of the word play that is only possible in Japanese now that I can actualy understand them speaking.

But I still take English translated novel over untranslated evry time. I bet it will take me at least 5 more years to be able to read Kanji at decnt pase, enough to enjoy the story without my head buring.

That really depends on how much you need to understand to enjoy a novel. I am probably only getting about 60% of the actual text but the 20 80 rule fixes that. I have yet to miss anything important and understand about 80% of what is happening. i think 5 years is too much really 3 years overall should be enough.

Hopefully this thread is still on topic. XD

Anyway, image editor here. Hope they haven't forgotten about me!

Just popping my head letting everyone know I'm on stand by for images.

I'll admit that I had completely forgotten about you. But then again, it's Azengar takes care of the recruiting. (Unless it involves QC)

Btw, it might be too optimistic of me to think this, but, as an image editor, might you be able to do decensoring?

I forgot about him.

Also Happy Birthday Tatsuko!

640px-Tatsuko_Itagaki-_I_want_a_hug.jpg

M-moe! MOE!

Btw, it might be too optimistic of me to think this, but, as an image editor, might you be able to do decensoring?

I'm glad I reported to say I was still alive! XD

Anyway, decensoring is possible. We can run a few test to see how it looks. It would be a nice touch and very slick move (Mirror Moon did it too for their translation of Fate/StayNight)

Just be advised of a few things:

*Original H-scene artists draw the genitals with the censorship in mind and thus add very little detail to them making decensor a real pain (image editors have to pretty much "imagine" the result)

This is why some decensored scenes look odd.

*The more aggressive the mosaic, the more "liberal" will be the result

*For whatever reason, some people prefer giant mosaics than genitals ._.

Overall, I believe it's an interesting idea.

Contact me if you're willing to run some tests :3 

Not sure if this is true or not, it was posted on VNTL a few hours ago:

"The translator, TakaJun, took a vacation trip to Florida, but while snorkeling, he was attacked by tiger shark. After dying from blood loss in a nearby hospital, his body was transferred to Arkansas, his hometown, for burial."

If this is true, then it explains what happened to the original Majikoi translation, cause TakaJun didn't seem at all like the type of guy who would just abandon it so close to completion.

Not sure if this is true or not, it was posted on VNTL a few hours ago:

"The translator, TakaJun, took a vacation trip to Florida, but while snorkeling, he was attacked by tiger shark. After dying from blood loss in a nearby hospital, his body was transferred to Arkansas, his hometown, for burial."

If this is true, then it explains what happened to the original Majikoi translation, cause TakaJun didn't seem at all like the type of guy who would just abandon it so close to completion.

I really doubt that happened. Sounds very unlikely. Why would he go on vacation without writing it on TL website? And how did he even go on vacation if he was working a 12 (I think) hour job every day? It all seems a bit fishy. (No pun intended.)