Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Good question, and I have no clue if it would be a queendom. Maybe someone else might know the answer.

I believe it is still called kingdom, because kingdom refers to a country ruled by either a king or queen.

ow and i am back from the death, still stuck in hell tough.

just started my stage for school.

I believe it is still called kingdom, because kingdom refers to a country ruled by either a king or queen.

ow and i am back from the death, still stuck in hell tough.

just started my stage for school.

True, but the word "King" in kingdom comes from the title of the ruler. "Kingdom" is basically the title of the ruler and the word "domain" ("dom" for short). So, if it was ruled by a queen, wouldn't "queendom" make sense?

But queens are only selected through their marriage to a king, right? You couldn't be a queen unless there was a king who married you.

That's not always the case, actually. Take our current Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Elizabeth, who was third in line for the throne and then eventually became the sole heir. She then married a boy she fell in love with as a child named Phillip who then became Prince and Duke of Edinburgh.

So basically, it was the opposite situation. The prince became a prince because the queen married him.

yes yes if a queen is the sole ruler of her territory it may indeed be referred to as a "queendom" also even if there is a king it may still be considered a queendom if it is a matriarchal society or if the queen is the primary ruler, though is atypical of a normally patriarchal society.

can we go back to the usually funny banter now?

can we go back to the usually funny banter now?

What do you mean?

I just went to check my notifications. I have 9100. NINETY-ONE HUNDRED. STOPPED EXACTLY ON A DIME!!!!!1!!!!1ONE!

*insert "turn on a dime" joke here*

What?  I'm too tired to make terrible puns right now.  Not like I can't make a decent joke out of that or anything...baka.

Weren't these just hilarious?

How long till we close this topic?

giphy.gif

At the very least, when Miyako's route translation is released. But as you might've seen, there are also other translations in the works. It would be terrible to close this topic until they're all finished, no?

Alternatively, you could adhere to the topic title and leave it open as Random Talk.

It would be a lot more practical to:

-Make a new thread dedicated to Majikoi translation updates/developments

-Make a new thread dedicated to random nonsense and only use this thread for Majikoi-related stuff.

I was never a fan of this hybrid random shit/translation info idea, and it's also the reason why new people are all asking the same question regarding its progress. The thread itself is far too disorganized and chaotic to find out yourself.

Just my 2 cents.