Mahoyo/Mahoutsukai no Yoru/Witch on the Holy Night Translation [Chapter 1 & 1.5 COMPLETE!]

Colliflowa

Nobody can win of how slow Nasu made Tsukihime remake anyway, which in turn affected Mahoyo's sequel (Thanks FGO). In the end, maybe Mahoyo here could be ended like Xenogears and Xenosaga projects, ambitious but lack of will and resources to continuing it.

On 6/25/2018 at 3:49 AM, littleshogun said:

Nobody can win of how slow Nasu made Tsukihime remake anyway, which in turn affected Mahoyo's sequel (Thanks FGO). In the end, maybe Mahoyo here could be ended like Xenogears and Xenosaga projects, ambitious but lack of will and resources to continuing it.

It sucks that they never made Xenogears Episode 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6, we only got Episode 5 and the game greatly drops in quality at around 3/4 of the game (budget issues?)

On to Mahoyo, it's crazy that the game still hasn't 1 complete translation in any western languages, there was 1 french translation project that just suddenly disappeared after releasing a few patches covering I think only up to Episode 7, and there's now like what? 5 English translation projects? And the game is still untranslated (MCJon did release partial patches until Episode 7 or so).

Edited by Nier

That would make the translation style very different though, but I agree that it's still far better solution compared to what we have in regard of the team keep translating Mahoyo from the start only to be stalled at the middle of the game. While arguably it made the translation less consistent (And it's a valid concern because of different people working on one VN), it's not like it wasn't done in the past (See Majikoi and Dracu Riot leaked patch) so it should be possible to have a serious group working from the translated part.

I honestly don't know how many people are actually serious for this, I saw one or two people try for themselves way back and then gave up after chapter 1 or halfway through chapter 1. What's discouraging is the amount of textwrap and possibly all the image editing.

Edited by izzeybee

On 7/3/2018 at 9:21 AM, izzeybee said:

I honestly don't know how many people are actually serious for this, I saw one or two people try for themselves way back and then gave up after chapter 1 or halfway through chapter 1. What's discouraging is the amount of textwrap and possibly all the image editing, like this:

title_titlelogo_b.png

Tadah~

At this point I just want an english translation, I can do without about textwrap and image editing if that means that finally someone releases a complete english translation patch. The game is obviously popular and people want to translate it and read it and this is why there's like 5-6 different translation projects, this game was released 6 years ago and with so many translation projects it's ridiculous there is still no release.

Type-Moon hasn't even released many VNs at all, they did Tsukihime, Fate/stay Night, Fate/hollow Ataraxia and Mahoutsukai no Yoru so basically 4 games in 15 years. I can't wait to read the Tsukihime Remake in english in 2035!

On 7/13/2018 at 4:51 PM, izzeybee said:

19 actually.

In that case, then I'm sorry for mistaken the number of the chapters there. Although even with us knowing the right number of the chapters it still won't help the situation much though, other than it mean that at most people were only managed to work on at almost one third of Mahoyo because if I remember I saw that at most people were only managed to translate seven chapters of the VN (Correct me if I'm wrong here again). I guess no much that can be done here other than waiting.

Edited by littleshogun

That's interesting to note, actually. The last guy who did it stopped at 7, and I'm pretty sure it's because it was a pain in the neck to translate so much slice of life stuff that follows after that chapter. Not to mention all the extra chapters. That's why I said 19. Yeah, we're definitely at a 1/3 of Mahoyo thus far. :unsure:

On 8/22/2018 at 3:54 AM, izzeybee said:

Chapters 1 and 1.5 have been patched. I know it's not much given how long this took, but coupled with the interface and the titles and the credits etc, I'll be going a lot faster now. Maybe! :leecher:

Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

Hi, I have a humble youtube following of 32k subscribers and cover a ton of Type Moon content.  I've been wanting to play Mahoyo in english very badly since the novel looks so damn gorgeous.  It's sad how many translation projects for it have failed and I don't want this one to.  What resources are you most in need of to make this a smoother, more successful endeavor?  Money? A Team of Translators? Exposure?  This sort of thing may very well succeed with a gofundme or kickstarter, and I've love to get the message out.  Please feel free to contact me on this site or more directly via [email protected]

17 hours ago, OtakuDaiKun said:

This sort of thing may very well succeed with a gofundme or kickstarter, and I've love to get the message out.  

Fan translations are already in a legal grey area. Setting up a gofundme or KS for a non-officially licensed project will get this project C&Ded and it will basically cancel this project as it is currently. Also, it may get Type Moon to C&D any Mahoyo project afterwards. So don't be stupid and try to get money for this project or else this project will not have a good reputation and will fail.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, OtakuDaiKun said:

Hi, I have a humble youtube following of 32k subscribers and cover a ton of Type Moon content.  I've been wanting to play Mahoyo in english very badly since the novel looks so damn gorgeous.  It's sad how many translation projects for it have failed and I don't want this one to.  What resources are you most in need of to make this a smoother, more successful endeavor?  Money? A Team of Translators? Exposure?  This sort of thing may very well succeed with a gofundme or kickstarter, and I've love to get the message out.  Please feel free to contact me on this site or more directly via [email protected]

Get the word out please. This project's still budding but I'm still fighting :sacchan: Tbh, there is a major overhaul going on over here but nothing screwy or hiatus-inducing and I won't let that happen :reeee:

On 8/27/2018 at 11:25 PM, OtakuDaiKun said:

Fair enough.  There are ways around it like anonymous donations but you'd have to be careful.  Regardless I think we need to rally more support for this translation.

Hey!That's my man!! I love your Fate and Type-Moon lore videos it's good to see a member of the yt type-moon community noticing this project.Now I'm really hopeful it will be completed.

Also thank you izzeybee for making a huge effort for TM fans you rock ma dude!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi , on another website that linked me here it said full translation is complete but here it says only chapter 1-6 so i was just wondering which was right. Also it says chapter 1-6 is translated but chapter 1 and 1.5 are patched. If I were to download this game would I be able to play up to chapter 6 in English or only 1.5. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...