Jump to content
Plk_Lesiak

Winter 2018 Anime discussion

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, ittaku said:

Pop Team Epic: Complete troll show, yet I had a chuckle or two so I'll at least watch one more episode and then probably abandon it. How on earth can you make the second half of a show exactly the same as the first half with just different voice overs?

I personally know someone that loves this manga. Their words: "This manga is shit, even the mangaka says so. This anime'll only do the manga justice if it's utter shit. And I hope that happens." 

Soooo, yeah. I think you'll only enjoy this if you like very random humor, dank memes and "so bad it's good" type of things.

Also, this troll mangaka is infamous for "copy pasting" panels in his comics, just changing the speaking bubbles' text, so some fans argue that the "copy pasting" of the entire episode is another huge joke.

Edited by MaggieROBOT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the following episodes do the same, I'll most certainly drop it too. For now, I enjoyed it quite a lot actually. The very first joke said nothing to me, but I enjoyed the rest and laughed a couple times. I'm a fan of random/absurd humour, so a "meme show" through and through is something I'm pretty keen on watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

The very first joke said nothing to me

You mean the bait and switch opening? Weirdly enough that was adapted from the manga. The mangaka announced the end of Pop Team Epic, made a final chapter and everything, then started that idol series, made two or so chapter only for that short girl from Pop Team to open a hole in the page saying "NO!" and then Pop Team Epic goes back like nothing happened. It was a month long gag.

8 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

If the following episodes do the same

I seriously hope they don't do that. I mean, comedy shows aren't funny when the same joke are repeated over and over. In the third time it'll only be annoying. Not a comedy, but look at the endless eight! Repetition only pisses people off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaggieROBOT said:

You mean the bait and switch opening? Weirdly enough that was adapted from the manga. The mangaka announced the end of Pop Team Epic, made a final chapter and everything, then started that idol series, made two or so chapter only for that short girl from Pop Team to open a hole in the page saying "NO!" and then Pop Team Epic goes back like nothing happened. It was a month long gag.

No no, I actually found that somewhat amusing, if anything for the "I didn't download the wrong anime, did I?" experience. I meant the immediate first short joke, the "Are you angry?" after punching. My reaction was "Uh... ok?" The next one made far less sense but made me chuckle, with the whole "*spits* your life has been spared".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the first episode of Citrus tonight and that was dope! That shit was dope Tito!! I thought the animation was good and so far it's sticking close to the manga.

I also think both lead girls voices were well chosen for their characters.

Edited by Ranzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Clear Card arc, and I like of how the gang still hasn't change since back at 1999 even though they're at 7th grade. Interesting to note that apparently Yukito still didn't know that he has another personality which is one of Sakura's familiar (Yue), and apparently Sakura herself will tell Yukito later so there's something to look forward. As for the format, I bet it'll going to follow the old series only with Clear Card instead of Clow's or Sakura's Card (Pretty obvious). For now, I'll following Clear Card arc here along with Hughto PreCure in which will come at February later.

PS - I like that Tomoyo still into make Sakura's cute costume as shown in next episode preview lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the 1st ep of Violet Evergarden. I very much like the setting and the background. Ghastly depictions of war and traumatic experiences are not original at all, but I find them always interesting if conducted the right way. So yeah, I hope to see more of that in the following episodes.

The animation was really good, not at the level of fluidness and detail of the trailers of course, but that was to be expected. KyoAni did a good job as they have us already accostomed.

Will it survive the hype? I doubt it, but not because I don't have expectations of this series being great; it's just that the hype was too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Watched the 1st ep of Violet Evergarden. I very much like the setting and the background. Ghastly depictions of war and traumatic experiences are not original at all, but I find them always interesting if conducted the right way. So yeah, I hope to see more of that in the following episodes.

The animation was really good, not at the level of fluidness and detail of the trailers of course, but that was to be expected. KyoAni did a good job as they have us already accostomed.

Will it survive the hype? I doubt it, but not because I don't have expectations of this series being great; it's just that the hype was too much.

Can't imagine there'll be too many more war scenes except for the occasional flashback now for the rest of the story is bound to be focussed only on Violet's emotional rehabilitation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ittaku said:

Can't imagine there'll be too many more war scenes except for the occasional flashback now for the rest of the story is bound to be focussed only on Violet's emotional rehabilitation.

Well yeah, that's ok for me. The scars war can leave in a person is a big part of how horrible it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2018 at 6:53 PM, Thyndd said:

Well yeah, that's ok for me. The scars war can leave in a person is a big part of how horrible it is.

Yeah but interestingly I speak more of her inability to empathise with normal human emotions which appears to be intrinsic for her, not war induced, despite being human. A good romance ought to beat that out of her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ittaku said:

Agreed on the male VAs. Not sure I'll be bothered with any more though...

I feel tempted to drop it, too, but the first episode still lingers in my mind, so I'll at least go for the classic 3 episodes rule. If the third is as mild as the second, then I'll most certainly drop the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Anyone have any idea when Violet Evergarden will show up on US netflix? It was supposed to happen on the 11th but here we are 4 days later with nothing.

Netflix won't release it till after it finishes airing. It's part of their business model, as atrocious as it may be for most anime viewers.

If you wanna watch it ongoing, you'll pretty much have to watch it illegally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, it seems I'm mistaken this time. Netflix is airing the anime weekly (I guess they changed their mind), but it won't be released in the US. I was a little confused since I saw a group providing torrents for Netflix rips, so I did a little more digging and found out a little more from this thread. https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/15330/violet-evergarden-not-for-the-u-s-according-to-netflix/9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Actually, it seems I'm mistaken this time. Netflix is airing the anime weekly (I guess they changed their mind), but it won't be released in the US. I was a little confused since I saw a group providing torrents for Netflix rips, so I did a little more digging and found out a little more from this thread. https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/15330/violet-evergarden-not-for-the-u-s-according-to-netflix/9

Damn that's some bullshit right there and I'm still waiting on them to release Kakegurui.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×