Jump to content

Weaboo Devastated After Discovering Favorite Anime is Adapted From Eroge


Recommended Posts

PARIS, TX —  Last week, 28-year-old anime fan Learmont Irons reevaluated his life upon finding out that his current “anime of the season” was originally porn. Reports indicate that Irons was browsing the franchise’s Wikipedia page when he discovered the horrifying truth.  While struggling to cope with this revelation, Irons barricaded himself in his room. Eyewitness accounts state that he refused to come out until “Nasu took back what he did”.

Kinoko Nasu has been unavailable for comment since the incident.

When questioned about his reaction, Irons had this to say, “When I first started watching [Fate/Stay Night] Unlimited Blade Works I expected the girls to be pure maidens. Imagine my shock when I found lewd images of my favorite character. It’s one thing if it’s fan art, but the fact that it was official ruined my image of Tohsaka Rin. I felt betrayed.”

When asked about other characters such as Saber and Sakura, Irons said he had no problem with that. He explained that since neither Saber nor Sakura were his waifu then he could “care less about those sluts and their H scenes in the visual novel.”

Anime expert and Type-Moon enthusiast, Howard Ludo shared his thoughts on the matter, “It’s these dirty secondaries. They think that they can waltz right in here without reading fifty hours of scrolling text. [Irons] wouldn’t have been surprised if he had read the fucking visual novel.”

There are similar reports involving such beloved series as Little Busters, Utawarerumono and Yosuga no Sora. Fans seem to be uncomfortable with the fact that their favorite anime was originally fap fodder for lonely Japanese men. This has baffled researchers.

“During this difficult time of betrayal I am confiding in the anime whose authentic, pure, and heartfelt love story made me fall in love with the medium: Kanon,” reads a note left by Irons.

As of press time, Irons is still barricaded in his room. According to his MyAnimeList account, Irons is still keeping up with the series despite the setbacks.


Sauce

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is hilarious, but on a more serious note there are many guys like these that probably never took any sex ed classes when they were younger(or had experience themselves with sex in the first place) :wahaha:. Of course some visual novels are purely for fap material but I think that some sex scenes in visual novels can help the story and characterization.  :vinty: 

Edited by shuak
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if Nasu had his way FSN would have been an otome game.

I've seen several people like this around the internet and I find them to be baffling, like they occupy a completely separate plane of thought from me. I mean Japanese markets believe that an all-ages version and +18 version of the same game are completely different products, so why doesn't that apply for anime adaptations? 

In all seriousness is it a religious thing? I genuinely can't think of any other reason for some of the knee jerk reactions I have seen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

In all seriousness is it a religious thing?

It probably has more to do with how he perceived his favorite character than anything based on religion. I imagine it'd be similar to finding out your gf is a prostitute, except in this case it's a fictional character. It's a bit of an exaggerated response though, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

It probably has more to do with how he perceived his favorite character than anything based on religion. I imagine it'd be similar to finding out your gf is a prostitute, except in this case it's a fictional character. It's a bit of an exaggerated response though, lol.

I wonder what would happen if we introduced these individuals to the world of doujinshi.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Well if Nasu had his way FSN would have been an otome game.

I've seen several people like this around the internet and I find them to be baffling, like they occupy a completely separate plane of thought from me. I mean Japanese markets believe that an all-ages version and +18 version of the same game are completely different products, so why doesn't that apply for anime adaptations? 

In all seriousness is it a religious thing? I genuinely can't think of any other reason for some of the knee jerk reactions I have seen. 

 

You do know this is fake right......?

But it's probably simply a mental "purity" thing from human instincts. Regions simply borrows it.

Edited by iamnoob
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Another thing that never made any sense to me, the romanticization of virgins. 

It comes from the instinctive dominance/possessive instincts males of the species have... to a lesser extent, females have it, but they are less likely to obsess over 'firsts' than men.  Part of it is instinct, part of it socialization.  Patriarchal societies and religions to tend to encourage that kind of behavior.  You see it less nowadays than you did even when I was in my twenties here in the US, as sexual mores have morphed and altered.  However, a lot of people raised in Abrahamic (Judaism, Islam, Christianity) faiths, Zoroastrianism, or Hindu families tend to display this regardless of society's views on the matter.  This is because patriarchy is built into the existing incarnations of those faiths on a fundamental level.  They all encourage young men to think of wives as subordinate living possessions rather than individuals, though there are relatively few men who consciously see it that way in first world countries. 

It's ugly, but that is where that purity obsession comes from.

Edited by Clephas
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Clephas said:

It comes from the instinctive dominance/possessive instincts males of the species have... to a lesser extent, females have it, but they are less likely to obsess over 'firsts' than men.  Part of it is instinct, part of it socialization.  Patriarchal societies and religions to tend to encourage that kind of behavior.  You see it less nowadays than you did even when I was in my twenties here in the US, as sexual mores have morphed and altered.  However, a lot of people raised in Abrahamic (Judaism, Islam, Christianity) faiths, Zoroastrianism, or Hindu families tend to display this regardless of society's views on the matter.  This is because patriarchy is built into the existing incarnations of those faiths on a fundamental level.  They all encourage young men to think of wives as subordinate living possessions rather than individuals, though there are relatively few men who consciously see it that way in first world countries. 

It's ugly, but that is where that purity obsession comes from.

God is that depressing from a sociological standpoint. Although to me personally, I find it a dreadful waste of storytelling opportunities. Perhaps it is because I'm certainly toting several psychological disorders, but I find female characters with complex relationship history generally more interesting then virgins (and less annoying).

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

God is that depressing from a sociological standpoint. Although to me personally, I find it a dreadful waste of storytelling opportunities. Perhaps it is because I'm certainly toting several psychological disorders, but I find female characters with complex relationship history generally more interesting then virgins (and less annoying).

The key is to recognize that part of yourself and decide what to do with it.  Like any instinct, it is possible to restrain it or train yourself not to feel it so strongly.  Stripping away the delusions born of over-biased religious indoctrination is usually a vital step, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first played/Read Fate/Stay Night right after watching the anime series since curious regarding the whole Fate Series once a upon a time. As I realized the anime was based on a Eroge Visual Novel with the Hentai Scenes removed. Well I didn't really freak out since I half expected it would be loosely based on a Hentai VN just by the looks of it.  He should have at least realize by now that Japanese people are pretty enthusiastic and liberal regarding about sex and related topics as it is part of their culture so it'll only be natural if we see animes with sexual content or at least taken from a previous Eroge in their entertainment media. 

As far I as remember, there was even a time that most people would notoriously consider the term "Anime" as a synonym to "Hentai" due to misunderstanding or disinformation by popular media despite not all of the animes series are necessary Hentai themselves which is most unfortunate.

So Yeah I believe he should reconsider his life decision from now on, and just wait and see when he discovers Kanon was also based on a Eroge :wahaha:   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...