Supipara - Alice the magical conductor. Chapter #01 - Spring Has Come!, released!

DharmaFreedom

So Supirara got released by Mangagamer http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=181. I don't really know what to expect from it since i haven't read a VN by minori before. Seems to be highly rated on https://vndb.org/v6700.

So to those that have experienced minori games, or read the Japanese version. What should I expect? something lighthearted and sweet or something dramatic and heavy? maybe a bit of both?

Both eden and ef had a lot of 'feels', but it was almost obvious that there will be a lot of emotions basing on premise alone. Here I see nothing of that. It looks like lighthearded story with magic. But it's Minori, so it will be as beautiful and visually pleasing as VNs can get. Without shitty e-mote, but with a lot of movement that looks simply nice.

I'm interested in this, but I don't like reading chaptered stories not all at once. So I'll wait. But I'm interested in opinions as well.

EDIT:
It looks like that. I just love the light work in minori titles. *_*

I've been playing it since it came out. For the most part so far it's been fairly mediocre SoL, so I hope it improves. The scores give me a little hope, I suppose.

The visuals are good as expected, but don't really seem to be improved from Ef despite being five years later.

If it's anything like ef, the stories will be largely stand-alone, and won't end on cliffhangers. 

I'm seeing considerably less buzz for this game than I did for eden*. There was a lot of actual fervor for eden, it seemed, but nobody seems to care about this. It's a shame, since this game actually interests me more than eden did, lol. Chapter 2 is practically guaranteed to be funded, I just hope that these do well enough to fund the rest.

edit: Also at the pace this campaign has been moving at, I feel like we won't see Chapter 2 for another 12-18 months. I almost forgot that eden came out in freaking January of 2015. 

13 minutes ago, Decay said:

Also at the pace this campaign has been moving at, I feel like we won't see Chapter 2 for another 12-18 months. I almost forgot that eden came out in freaking January of 2015. 

Lol, I had no idea what vndb is at that time, so long time ago.
It's also worth mentioning that english chapter 1 is only a half of japanesse chapter 1. So there might be cliffhangers.

4 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Lol, I had no idea what vndb is at that time, so long time ago.
It's also worth mentioning that english chapter 1 is only a half of japanesse chapter 1. So there might be cliffhangers.

Ef was broken up into two versions which was further broken up into multiple independent stories each. That's what I was referring to. Supipara was going to be very similar in structure to ef, released in two separate releases, each broken up by multiple chapters. The second release never happened.

Correct me if i'm wrong, during the last con mangagamer panel, the supipara creator mentioned that the game didn't do well in Japan. He said that if it did well in the west, they would release more sequels and prioritize release in the west first rather than Japan .

I think he also mentioned that he would included extra heroines for the latter sequels [though i'm much less sure of this].

1 minute ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, during the last con mangagamer panel, the supipara creator mentioned that the game didn't do well in Japan. He said that if it did well in the west, they would release more sequels and prioritize release in the west first rather than Japan .

http://mangagamerstaff.tumblr.com/post/94221868924/looking-to-the-future-with-minori
http://www.mangagamer.org/minori/
There you have some info.

33 minutes ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Tried playing Supipara...can't because the game keeps freezing up with the exception of the cherry blossom effects and character blinking. How is it my computer can run Star Wars The Old Republic and Skyrim just fine, but not this?

Just in case but which windows are you using?

As a huge fan of EF, I really want to dig into this right away - but having it segmented doesn't sit well with me. Even if they are self-enclosed w/o cliffhangers, the idea of the other chapters being "held hostage" makes me squeamish about getting invested in the setting. :/

Supipara, the title that interest me from last year Otakon. I'll play this and will see if the translation will cover 2 heroines according to the spoiler filled review or not. And also waiting for all story to be completed will take very long time here, especially with the sales only managed to gathered around 165,000 (The target for next chapter would be 200,000) right now. Also, I'll post my first impression (Guess I'll use term first look later) here.

21 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

And also waiting for all story to be completed will take very long time here, especially with the sales only managed to gathered around 165,000 (The target for next chapter would be 200,000) right now. Also, I'll post my first impression (Guess I'll use term first look later) here.

aye, but now supipara vol1´s sales also contribute towards the goal, so it pretty much won´t take as long as before. (only if noone buys the game itself)

21 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

especially with the sales only managed to gathered around 165,000 (The target for next chapter would be 200,000) right now. 

It's worth mentioning that it earned only 5k from almost 3 weeks of Eden* sellings + first 3 or 4 days of Supipara. 5k is, I would dare to say, really low number.

Looking forward to your impressions. ;)

I finished the 1st part already, and from what I can tell so far, it's good. The art is amazing as always with Minori, and the story, well, the 1st chapter is pretty lighthearted and sweet, and it fits with the 1st main heroin you're after. What intrigued me more is the the looming mystery in the VN as a whole (All chapters if they existed). Even though the 1st part was light, I can't help but be excited, because knowing Minori, it'll probably only get better from here on. I have a good feeling as to who the next chapter will be about, and was looking forward to them from the beginning. I believe the 1st chapter was more of an easy intro into the story. I myself can't see why people aren't that excited about this. I am.

I could, of course, be wrong. :sachi:

55 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Is this any good? I normally don't play visual novels that are all ages, but I liked Eden* and the H was only a side thing.

If it's the same writer as EF, you can expect a intricate and emotional experience. Of course, I don't know the actual context of the story, so milage may vary. :sachi:

But i will say, EF is in my "top 5 VNs of all time". (NNL version anyway, not sure how much it differs from MGs)

Since I finished Ikusa Megami Zero, I've started with Supipara now. The audio-visual power of this VN is astonishing, especially the overall lighting of the scenes. I think the first minute I completely forgot to read the text and was just staring at the screen admiring the artwork. The VN also starts way more mysterious than expected with a slightly melancholic soundtrack and a wonderful night scenery where the protagonist meets Alice the witch for the first time. And I'm already head over heels into her. Minori is just really good to make you care about their characters.

On the other hand, Minori is also very good at taking that character you care so much about, send her through the worst fate and leave you in a sea of tears. :(

Finishing this and I think I got the answer in regard of heroine. It was only covered our self proclaimed onee-san who also doubled as second cousin, Narumi Sakura. Her story was to be honest quite simple, and so does the overall story for the first chapter. It was tell us of how our MC Yukkinari adapted with his new environment at Kamakura and also tke the activity at school as the staff at beauty contest. What interest me here is the character. Other than Sakura, we had:

1. Half French Amano Angeline Hotaru who is quite sadistic and had 5 'kill' words in an otherwise normal conversations with MC (Hey, MC asking of how many word kill were appear, so I counted it)
  2. Momiji Yuzuki who solemn when wearing miko outfit and more upbeat otherwise (But she was quite masochist and made calculation in regard of money for both personality)
  3. Eccentric witch Kamishiro Alice (The 2nd Alice who is the witch. The 1st one was Alice from Majokoi) who could made some magic as long as you exchange it with client's happy memory. Also like to appear suddenly and surprising Yukinari
  4. Amnesiac mom Ryouko who apparently caused by the contract with Alice. Her memory was reset back to 20 years ago here, so her actual age would be around 36 or 37 years old (Of course Yukinari said that his mother didn't look older than any high school girl from the appearence)
  5. Male best friend Higashino and his buddy Nishizono (Oh, I'd better call them Kazuhiko and Takako respectively here) who like to bickering and also childhood friend. Looking back at minori, maybe they kinda like Kyousuke and Kei from ef. They called East - West Duo by the way because of their family name (Higashi mean East and Nishi mean West)
  6. Other than those above, we had our chef at school cafetaria and the director at Sakura's movie. Forgot to said that Sakura was also aspiring idol who act at the movie

I think that's all for the major character who appear at Supipara - Sakura Chapter here (My name, okay). Okay, as for the drama once again it was quite light and more like our Sakura here was had too much work to handle (Film shooting, helping Takako for beauty contest, and her own beauty contest itself). Oh, about beauty contest it was more like talent contest though, and male also allowed to joined although of course it should be female only (Well, not that I cared anyway). And Takako decided to join the contest because an argument between her and Kazuhiko after hesitate beforehand. Another contestant here would be Alice, male chef, Hotaru, and Momiji. Back to our Sakura, surely handle 3 big job would put burden to her too much so she decided to quit the contest. Of course Yukinari won't had it and decided to ask help from Alice. Alice give spell to turn Yukinari to female here and from there he was helping Sakura for her performance (By the way, Yukinari female form like Ryouko. Like mom like son here I guess). After the help from Yukinari, safe to said that the contest was big success with Yukinari forgetting about it as the cost for the magic. After that, Sakura and Yukinari finally becoming the couple after beforehand they decided to hold back.

After that, there was a stinger which apparently roll back to when Yukinari came to Kamakura and had some sort of wish with Alice. I think it'll be revealed at Hotaru Chapter later. Yes, I mean Chapter 2 will be more about our sadist Hotaru just like this chapter for Sakura. But for now it's over and surely it'll be a long time before we got Hotaru Chapter available here.

Okay, for the graphic I think it's obvious that it was very gorgeous, as expected from minori here although falling sakura effect here slowed down the text (Or maybe once again it was my laptop here). For OST, they did enough but I couldn't help to think if minory really like remix the opening song for the OST here more than other company. I said that because back when I played eden I always hear some remix from eden opening for the OST (Not that I complained though, just something that I noticed here). For the voice, it's good although other than Alice, Hotaru, and Sakura I still didn't knew who's the seiyuu for other character here. Speaking about seiyuu our Sakura here was voiced by Arisugawa Miyabi (Mehisha from Soukoku no Arterial, Nero from Eiyuu Senki, Yoru from Konosora), and Sakura voice was more resembled Nero from Eiyuu Senki here if I recall it correctly.

I think that's all for my comment on Supipara - Sakura Chapter here.

PS - Looking from minori fundrising, maybe we'll got 3 more stories which mean 3 more heroines here. About Alice here, since she was obviously hold important role like Yuko from ef, maybe minori will put her story for 5th chapter here. But for now what I knew is that it'll be take a long time even if the fundrising was successful here to see Alice Chapter.