Why is it that nobody open a English VN store/Studio in Japan?

Why is it that nobody open an English VN store/Studio in Japan?  

What the problem here?  The mosaic? I don't think so. I seem people in conversations before say that they like the mosaic. Also, aren't we use to it by now? I still hate it but if it means the company doesn't have to worry has much about stupid laws. I am OK with the mosaic.  So what stopping somebody from making their own store/studio in Japan but for English market.  I want loli VN and Eroge and this is the only way I can see a way to get more unless I learn Japanese. Still working on that.  Moonstone releasing I think a VN in English right? If they succeed that will mean developers in Japan will cut the middleman AKA Mangagamer and do things on their own right?  In one hand that means mosaic but would also mean that we will see titles come to the English market that would have otherwise would not have come at all in the first place.  Because now they don't have to worry about stupid laws has much right?  

err.... why the fuck would an English company open a store in Japan where 80% doesn't speak English that well... and Frontwing already released some of there titles alone... and VisualArts is also localizing some games. it is just a matter of time before we get more VNs and tbh I would prefer that MangaGamer, JAST and SP where the only company that localize VNs cause they make sure it's in correct and readable English. Also guess what time it is!? 

QiUxw2i.png

just repeating the guys above, but why to sell something in English that already exists in japanese to a japanese-speaking country? You may argue some people who live in Japan aren't japanese and all, but still, that would be such a small percentage that it would be stupidity to a company to consider it

Just now, Silvz said:

just repeating the guys above, but why to sell something in English that already exists in japanese to a japanese-speaking country? You may argue some people who live in Japan aren't japanese and all, but still, that would be such a small percentage that it would be stupidity to a company to consider it

Maybe you didn't read anything I say or just forgot but I did say for the English market. Moonstone is doing that I believe.  So everything you just say is out context.  

4 minutes ago, Asonn said:

err.... why the fuck would an English company open a store in Japan where 80% doesn't speak English that well... and Frontwing already released some of there titles alone... and VisualArts is also localizing some games. it is just a matter of time before we get more VNs and tbh I would prefer that MangaGamer, JAST and SP where the only company that localize VNs cause they make sure it's in correct and readable English. Also guess what time it is!? 

QiUxw2i.png

Again I repeat. Maybe you didn't read anything I say or just forgot but I did say for the English market. Moonstone is doing that I believe.  So everything you just say is out context.  I also say I am learning Japanese. 

4 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Because most Japanese people in Japan speak Japanese, not English.

You didn't even read? Again I say this. Maybe you didn't read anything I say or just forgot but I did say for the English market. Moonstone is doing that I believe.  So everything you just say is out context.  

Just now, Nekolover said:

Maybe you didn't read anything I say or just forgot but I did say for the English market. Moonstone is doing that I believe.  So everything you just say is out context.  

Again I repeat. Maybe you didn't read anything I say or just forgot but I did say for the English market. Moonstone is doing that I believe.  So everything you just say is out context.  I also say I am learning Japanese. 

You didn't even read? Again I say this. Maybe you didn't read anything I say or just forgot but I did say for the English market. Moonstone is doing that I believe.  So everything you just say is out context.  

You know where the English market isn't? Japan. So there's no reason to make anything solely for the English market in Japan.

1 hour ago, Flutterz said:

You know where the English market isn't? Japan. So there's no reason to make anything solely for the English market in Japan.

Could you please stop overlooking what I say to favor your convenient narrative?  There are plenty of video games studios out there that release their games to their own country and others themselves.   Also, I never say this.  solely for the English market in Japan. You say that not me.  I say for the English market. That means the rest of the world that speak English. Now could I get an actual response from you and not a sarcastic one that is out context? 

1 hour ago, Kawasumi said:

its funny because mangagamer is a japanese company.

Is it locate in Japan though? 

1 hour ago, Narcosis said:

Nothing.  All I did was ask a question.   In short, Why can't studios in japan release games in English for the English market outside of Japan. Moonstone is doing that. 

1 hour ago, Kawasumi said:

because they wanna appeal to the largest costumer base possible

Which is? 

Just now, Nekolover said:

Nothing.  All I did was ask a question.   In short, Why can't studios in japan release games in English for the English market outside of Japan. Moonstone is doing that. 

You do know that being located in Japan doesn't mean anything when you want to sell to the overseas market right?

In fact, being in Japan restricts you even more, because Japanese eroge are by law restricted to Japan only (this is the infamous "Japan sales only" label), meaning that they'd actually be subjecting themsleves to harsher laws.

The reason why companies don't bring loli games to the West like you want them to is because most countries have laws against such content, it has nothing to do with where the company is located.

Just now, Nosebleed said:

You do know that being located in Japan doesn't mean anything when you want to sell to the overseas market right?

In fact, being in Japan restricts you even more, because Japanese eroge are by law restricted to Japan only (this is the infamous "Japan sales only" label), meaning that they'd actually be subjecting themsleves to harsher laws.

The reason why companies don't bring loli games to the West like you want them to is because most countries have laws against such content, it has nothing to do with where the company is located.

No I did not know that.  Thanks for answering the question. Fucking countries with their stupid laws.  Let make hyper violent games but loli wrong!

6 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

Because there's actually no real market for vn's outside Japan? At least not any, that would allevate all the expenses caused by in-house translation and publishing overseas? The few lucky companies that are doing so are our special snowflakes and they have both the funding and support of our fans, which already allows them do whatever the hell they want; at least, almost.

Just now, Narcosis said:

Because there's actually no real market for vn's outside Japan? At least not any, that would allevate all the expenses caused by in-house translation and publishing overseas? The few lucky companies that are doing so are our special snowflakes and they have both the funding and support of our fans, which already allows them do whatever the hell they want; at least, almost.

Thanks for answering the question.

2 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

No I did not know that.  Thanks for answering the question. Fucking countries with their stupid laws.  Let make hyper violent games but loli wrong!

Yeah fam, let's raise our pitchforks and storm the congress of every nation with plaques that have Mare's face on it. I'm sure they'll understand our burning passion and immediately grant us loli games.