Baldry Sky 18+ version poll on Sekai Project forums

sanahtlig

I created a poll on Sekai Project's forums to assess user demand for a full 18+ release of Baldr Sky.  Sekai Project has said that support from forum users is the best way to get their ear about an issue.  Hop on over if you have an opinion to share (registration required).

Poll: Would you buy Baldr Sky if the full 18+ version were made available?

I've also published an article that goes into further detail.

Baldr Sky is a high-caliber action game/visual novel hybrid and GIGA's finest work, but eroge fans must unite if they want to see an uncut release.
Baldr Sky: Rallying for an uncut version of a landmark eroge

A lot of us want an 18+ patch. So we better try these simple methods at least to attempt to get what we want.

I know its a pain in the ass registering for sites, but just go and vote. We don't want to be hypocrites now do we? :makina:

Also, might as well vote in the other polls for games you want in 18+ while you're there. Now and in the future.

Ps: thanks for putting up the poll mate^_^

Yeah the poll does seem like a more efficent way. (It also looks really one sided, despite quite a small amount of votes, so hah :makina: The power of % based votes!) 

I really do hope they make something happen with the 18+ version. Hopefully we'll be heard if we do these types of things.

I thought all those threads had polls :wahaha:. Waiting for them to activate my account so i only checked yours.

Polls are indeed the way to go, they're more organized. Posts below can just be discussion of the poll. It looks messy otherwise honestly. Its a good thing you put it up now when they just announced it.

I'm sure a lot more people will vote as the months pass. People can just bump this thread as a reminder every now and then.

Poll is a horrible idea: very very few people will vote which will only lead to the conclusion that it's an extremely vocal minority. It's not as evident when you simply use messages since they don't psychologically associate with something as easy as pushing a button in a poll and don't give an access to "objective" numbers. 

48 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

You can add messages at his poll. Its the same thing except it has a poll too. 

Not at all. Messages are abstract, you never know the will of how many people one message from the registered user imply. But poll is a completely different thing, even if you must register to vote, the first reaction is "why don't they just vote, they don't even have to write anything, that just probably means that not many people need it, after all the number of votes is not even that much bigger than the number of posts." That's why 20 detailed posts about how you know that many people want 18+ always weight a lot more than 30-40 votes in a straightforward poll. And you do understand that not many people will want to register on their forum just for one vote so it's not like you'll be able to amass a convincing number that way. They won't even have to read the messages you leave.

2 hours ago, novurdim said:

Poll is a horrible idea: very very few people will vote which will only lead to the conclusion that it's an extremely vocal minority. It's not as evident when you simply use messages since they don't psychologically associate with something as easy as pushing a button in a poll and don't give an access to "objective" numbers. 

Well we also have a thread where you can simply post a comment.

https://forums.sekaiproject.com/forum/general-discussions/656-18-baldr-sky-release

1 minute ago, Keaton said:

How effective is this anyways have changes been made or features added in the past through this method?

SP have stated that if we want something, we need to tell them.

After that, these threads started popping up.

How effective are they? Well, I guess we'll find out. They still haven't commented on some of the biggest titles that originally started these threads, (like Maitetsu etc.)

Those will come at their next con panel.

But what we do know is, it is better than nothing. Everything helps.

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

SP have stated that if we want something, we need to tell them.

It should be obvious that people prefer R18 releases.

Why is that even a question?

Let me give the answer to that myself: Steam Users are retarded

Just now, Ningen said:

It should be obvious that people prefer R18 releases.

Why is that even a question?

Let me give the answer to that myself: Steam Users are retarded

Well yeah, I agree that it is a bit silly, but in many cases, it isn't mainly Sekai Project's fault.

Often, they need something to show the Japanese developers, to prove that we would indeed like the H-content. A lot of companies, like akabei soft2, don't want to release their games with the H-content in the west. (Luckily, that example has actually caved on the Sharin no Kuni kickstarter.)

Sekai Project makes deals first, then moves over to the 18+ content, unlike Mangagamer and JAST, who get's that settled right away.

Very often, that is the reason they ask the fans to shout in their faces if we want something.

Of course, it is a bit of a silly method but hopefully we can see some results moving forward.

5 hours ago, novurdim said:

The idea here is to weed out the Sekai Project haters who wouldn't buy anything from them no matter what.  People willing to register on their site and voice their opinion are more likely to actually buy the game if their demands are met.  These are the people Sekai Project and GIGA are most likely to listen to.  Not to mention Sekai Project can monitor the voting and ensure that the poll results aren't rigged.  Therefore the message sent is stronger even if the number of votes is fewer.

5 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

@Scorp The poll doesn't have an option for mosaics, but if you want your opinion to be heard by someone who matters your best bet is still to post there.

dovac knows my opinion, no point to post there. I would not buy anything from Sekai anyway.

Not getting access or restoration to R18+ content means CONCEDING TO CENSORSHIP.

And EVERYONE fucking hates censorship in VNs.

Getting feedback from Steam users is like getting feedback from 3 year olds. Most of them are imbeciles to the VN medium. They should be going here or other serious VN forums for feedback.