Baldry Sky 18+ version poll on Sekai Project forums

sanahtlig

8 minutes ago, Chuee said:

IMHHW censored pointless things like kissing, and comments about breasts. The censoring in Grisaia was nowhere near that bad. 

they reworked entire jokes because of the sexual innuendos in grisaia :/ , so just a little is ok but a lot it's bad?  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Deep Blue said:

they reworked entire jokes because of the sexual innuendos in grisaia :/ , so just a little is ok but a lot it's bad?  :rolleyes:

I've never played it and I doubt you have either. It's still rated 17+ so I'd imagine there's a decent amount of sexual stuff, just you know, not things that probably wouldn't fly on a vita release? 

Just now, Chuee said:

I've never played it and I doubt you have either. It's still rated 17+ so I'd imagine there's a decent amount of sexual stuff, just you know, not things that probably wouldn't fly on a vita release? 

So you basing your point in assuming something that you think I did and you are also basing your argument in the rating the game has... nice logic you got there dude :) I won't waste my time anymore.

1 hour ago, Deep Blue said:

EDIT: Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum. <---now I see why.

Some people had to wait days to have their account activated.  One person had to wait a month.  I complained about this and they might have responded to my complaint in the live stream, but I'm not going to watch a 90-minute video just because they can't be bothered to reply directly.  Also, a 90-minute video ramble is absolutely the worst way to convey information to those who simply want answers to their questions.

29 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Some people had to wait days to have their account activated.  One person had to wait a month.  I complained about this and they might have responded to my complaint in the live stream, but I'm not going to watch a 90-minute video just because they can't be bothered to reply directly.  Also, a 90-minute video ramble is absolutely the worst way to convey information to those who simply want answers to their questions.

what a shame, they already have that security question about "nekomimi" which I think is a bit over the top, I don't think many people out there know what the hell is mimi in japanese, neko is more common but still putting japanese words is nonsensical to begin with and now this...

15 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

what a shame, they already have that security question about "nekomimi" which I think is a bit over the top, I don't think many people out there know what the hell is mimi in japanese, neko is more common but still putting japanese words is nonsensical to begin with and now this...

I complained about that too!

I've heard repeated complaints from people who tried to register on the forums and either can't figure out the security question, or have waited unreasonable long for their account to be activated so they can participate.
http://sanahtlig.blogspot.com/2016/07/baldr-sky-rallying-for-an-uncut-version.html#comment-2771346428
https://forums.sekaiproject.com/forum/main-forum/41-questions-about-the-availability-of-things-in-devil-on-g-string?p=680#post680

1. Why do people need to know Japanese to register on the forum of an English publisher? Aren't they paying you for the very reason they don't know Japanese?
  2. Why does it take a month to activate a user's forum account?

Do you plan to do anything about 1) and 2)?

If you didn't see the stream you didn't miss out on much. It was mostly just them casually talking about the titles they announced at AX, and they didn't really say anything they haven't said already.

The Q&A was only during the last 25 minutes and nobody really asked any questions of significance. I don't even think they really looked at that one thread on their forums, they were mostly just reading twitch chat.

3 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

I'm not fond of taking out the H scenes but I sure wont buy anything that is re-worked like if a child is reading it, like grisaia all ages version where they even censored the jokes itself and reworked parts of the dialogues to tone down the level, nobody complains about that yet they do with IMHHW...go figure.. or maybe it's because they actually give you the alternative to buy the original one but you need to wait a lot more for it...
Either way that's a big NO from me. 

BTW is the poll closed?I can't vote (yes i'm registered)
EDIT: Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum. <---now I see why.

I can't think of any jokes off the top of my head that have been heavily censored in Grisaia. The all-ages versions of both still have a LOT of heavily sexual humor. What little toning down of the sexual humor they did do must have been very light.

1 hour ago, Deep Blue said:

So you basing your point in assuming something that you think I did and you are also basing your argument in the rating the game has... nice logic you got there dude :) I won't waste my time anymore.

You're just looking for shit to get angry over. Grisaia has tons of perverted jokes, and a lot of them get pretty dirty, talking about genitalia, sex, whatnot. What Frontwing did was likely because sony asked them to, or because they wanted to be on the safe side. Sony's requirements for publishing on PS Vita are more strict than Valve's. 

Since you seem to be so stuck on this notion of them "cutting what they didn't have to", maybe you'd like to know that most publishers cut things that don't necessarily need to be when they make a PS Vita version? Panty shots are regularly changed, despite them being acceptable. If you look at the CGs in Princess Evangile, you'll notice they changed CGs that involved the girls in their underwear, and made the top part longer to cover most of the stomach area. Why don't you go cry about the steam version of that? 

The problem with IMHHW isn't the fact that they cut things, but the fact that they cut things that had no legitimate reason to be cut. The only group of people you'd appeal to by cutting out mentions of female breasts, and kissing aren't people that play visual novels in the first place. 

I delivered a brief speech on Twitter under the #BaldrGate hashtag.  I present it here in a more readable format.

I think Sekai Project doesn't acknowledge that censorship is a moral issue to many. They view it as a means to an end. (1)
They cut their deals. They abide by the wishes of their partners. They try to respond to customer demand. (2)
They don't understand the concerns of anti-censorship advocates. To SP, they're just a small but vocal minority. (3)
It could be that SP only understands power. (4)
If so, SP should reflect if it wants interactions with English fans to be a series of naked power struggles. (5)
This is bigger than a single game. A single company. (6)
It's about whether content alteration becomes the norm for English releases. (7)

27 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I delivered a brief speech on Twitter under the #BaldrGate hashtag.  I present it here in a more readable format.

I think Sekai Project doesn't acknowledge that censorship is a moral issue to many. They view it as a means to an end. (1)
They cut their deals. They abide by the wishes of their partners. They try to respond to customer demand. (2)
They don't understand the concerns of anti-censorship advocates. To SP, they're just a small but vocal minority. (3)
It could be that SP only understands power. (4)
If so, SP should reflect if it wants interactions with English fans to be a series of naked power struggles. (5)
This is bigger than a single game. A single company. (6)
It's about whether content alteration becomes the norm for English releases. (7)

Its already the norm. Pretty sure the hardcore anti-censorship crowd already lost this battle a while ago. 

12 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Sekai Project is genuinely concerned that fan backlash could scuttle this release.  How do I know this?  Sources.

Not really a surprise, if there's a dissenting opinion and it spreads to all the major hubs that are considered the target market - it's bound to have a strong affect on projection. Even if it's a debatable subject, there's bound to be strong fallout.

Many will buy it, sure - but many will not, as well. And those that won't are more relied upon then some would expect.

18 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Its already the norm. Pretty sure the hardcore anti-censorship crowd already lost this battle a while ago. 

It's not the norm at all actually. Very few games get censored, but with Sekai Project the chance is a lot higher than with other companies. If that changes, chances are that censorship of eroge coming to the west will be all but gone.

Hopefully they are paying attention to all the people who disagrees with their attitude. There is a difference between being aware of their fans' complaints, and actually doing something about it.

7 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Not really a surprise, if there's a dissenting opinion and it spreads to all the major hubs that are considered the target market - it's bound to have a strong affect on projection. Even if it's a debatable subject, there's bound to be strong fallout.

Many will buy it, sure - but many will not, as well. And those that won't are more relied upon then some would expect.

Sekai Project doesn't fear that customers won't buy their product (although that's a possibility).  They fear their partners.  They fear GIGA.  Remember, this was a license negotiation that took 3 years, and Japanese companies tend to be very conscious of public perception...

Sorry, but talking about censorship with people that don't understand why I'm so against it even when it is "just a little censored" is a waste of time for both sides, we won't achieve anything debating it and I sure won't change my opinion, so we might just drop it here.

19 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

Well the account was approved a few minutes ago so it was faster than I thought it would be.