why some ppl thinks they have bad taste 4 animu?

ホアー ビち

Lesse... I say I have bad taste from time to time. Mostly when I can recognize the flaws of a work and still really like it anyway. Aselia comes to mind as something I most likely overrate, as does Hanachirasu, though both are good games. 

I wouldn't be able to comment on anime, but I imagine it's the same. 

On 2/24/2016 at 9:29 PM, Kaguya said:

Lesse... I say I have bad taste from time to time. Mostly when I can recognize the flaws of a work and still really like it anyway. Aselia comes to mind as something I most likely overrate, as does Hanachirasu, though both are genuinely good games from the start, so I wouldn't exactly call it bad taste.

I wouldn't be able to comment on anime, though I imagine it's the same. 

but evrything has flaws. its not hard to recognize em.

Usually when I am casually talking to friends, I say that I have bad taste as a joke because people rarely like stuff I do. It is also the truth that stuff that I like has lots of flaws and is stuff that is aimed at horny teenagers who will consume anything with boobs.

I would say that bad taste is used when majority's likes differ from yours. It doesn't mean that someone's taste is bad but it just happens to be used like that.

Just now, ロル ビち said:

but evrything has flaws. its not hard to recognize em.

Sure, but let's say I'm rating something. I'll go by Aselia. 

Some events feel forced, and, as expected of an old game, the art is bad and the voice-acting can range from meh to pretty bad. The OST is mostly ok and the gameplay is nice at times and tiring at others, and for a VN with that many routes it can get pretty frustrating if you plan on playing it more than once. 

Still, I gave Aselia a 9.5 out of 10. Normally, I would rate any game with those qualities as lower than that. My judgment is most likely biased because I really liked certain aspects of the story, but it probably isn't deserving of that rating. 

I think I have kind of bad taste at times too. Well, maybe more unique taste. (I like seikon no qwaser :makina: )

Think "bad taste" either comes down to what kaguya said, liking something despite seeing obvious flaws in it, or actually liking something that is considered flawed, and NOT seeing it.

6 minutes ago, ロル ビち said:

if i like s;g and dxd i have bad taste? if i use ki(ri)theory then i dont cuz they sell well on japan so most ppl like it? but if they have flaws, theyr rly small imo.

Bad taste is community based. There are places where majority likes DxD and places where majority hates DxD. In the end you should just like what you like and not care what other people say.

Bad taste is also an easy excuse for liking/hating something.

I for sure have shit taste, only thing i watched b4 I got into VNS & anime 2 years ago was Naruto and FMA, once I actually started spamming anime last year I rated all the shit harems Blade Dance, Trinity Seven, Absolute Duo etc. 8 or above, and didn't even watch the true god of harems HighSchool DXD

Wheres the legendary attack on titan, code geass? dunno

:ren:

6 hours ago, ロル ビち said:

what is bad taste, cuz i saw ppl sayin their tastes bad. i thought when some1 said the other had bad tastes twas cuz the other have diffrent taste from their (like 4 me bad taste is liking hyouka or disliking high skoo dxd). but sayin u urself has bad taste, doesnt make sense?

Having bad taste is enjoying shounen. Upon realising they like shounen, people will often blurt out ‘OMG! I have bad taste, I'm so ashamed!’ As their friend, the appropriate response would be to shake your head mournfully and give them conciliatory pats on the shoulder. A muttered ‘there there’ is optional.

And now people are glaring at me. Why are people glaring so? You know I speak the truth :3

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

Having bad taste is enjoying shounen. Upon realising they like shounen, people will often blurt out ‘OMG! I have bad taste, I'm so ashamed!’ As their friend, the appropriate response would be to shake your head mournfully and give them conciliatory pats on the shoulder. A muttered ‘there there’ is optional.

And now people are glaring at me. Why are people glaring so? You know I speak the truth :3

As someone who enjoys Shonen I know exactly what you mean. It is fun making fun of it and trigger anyone with my opinions if they are negative. 

19 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Usually when I am casually talking to friends, I say that I have bad taste as a joke because people rarely like stuff I do. It is also the truth that stuff that I like has lots of flaws and is stuff that is aimed at horny teenagers who will consume anything with boobs.

I would say that bad taste is used when majority's likes differ from yours. It doesn't mean that someone's taste is bad but it just happens to be used like that.

Same applies to me in essence. It gets worse when said people are also fans of the same niche genre.