Can't Spell Christmas Without Sakura

Nosebleed

I don't think the artist for the Sakura Beach and Sakura Santa games does h-scenes. I looked at her portfolio and it seemed like there wasn't a single erotic work there.

That's pretty disappointing. I guess I won't be checking this out then.

I believe the next sakura title after this will be 18+ though. Dungeon or something like that. 

I won't be reading it, but I also won't be bashing it. Ryechu does have a point; at least give it a try first. 

*gets beaten half to death by angry mob*

Ok... I´m sorry ... Please stop. 

I quite agree, I've only tried one of them (I think it was swim club) and it was definately not my kind of thing nor what i could consider a good Vn but i won't bash it...just isn't my type of thing...i'm sure people out there enjoy Sakura games...right? some people do anyways haha.

I don't think the artist for the Sakura Beach and Sakura Santa games does h-scenes. I looked at her portfolio and it seemed like there wasn't a single erotic work there.

I believe the next sakura title after this will be 18+ though. Dungeon or something like that. 

True. I'll have to check that one out, even if it won't live up to any expectations I'll have of it. I only check them out to see if the h scenes are good and in the past,they haven't worked out well, mostly because of no voice acting.

I won't be reading it, but I also won't be bashing it. Ryechu does have a point; at least give it a try first. 

*gets beaten half to death by angry mob*

Ok... I´m sorry ... Please stop. 

I quite agree, I've only tried one of them (I think it was swim club) and it was definately not my kind of thing nor what i could consider a good Vn but i won't bash it...just isn't my type of thing...i'm sure people out there enjoy Sakura games...right? some people do anyways haha.

I've tried 2, i managed to finish one route in sakura angels, and 5 minutes of gameplay in sakura spirit. Now they just rot in my steam folder.

Anyway, I really do hope you guys get some enjoyment out of the game.  Editing these is actually pretty fun, and if you like lighthearted stories with a little bit of ecchi, hopefully you'll have some fun with this title.

The only enjoyment I will get out of the game is me laughing uncontrollably at the poor grammar. But I am curious what Santa looks like naked when genderbended. 

If there are no game-over rape/H-scenes, what's the point of these dungeon RPG games? That's usually the selling point of those games, not the gameplay or the story.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Well, with Ryechu editing the game I have plenty of faith it will read like cohesive English, however, I still will be doubtful on its entertainment value.

But guys, never forget, it could be worse, it could be AJTilley.com, I think we need to appreciate Winged Cloud a bit for not being the lowest of the lowest. Having played Sakura Swim Club, I know the games are crap, but I still honestly don't think they're 1/10 crap, just below average/meh with bad fan service.

I also think the artist for Sakura Santa and Sakura Beach is way better than their previous artist, so that's always a plus.

Anyway, I really do hope you guys get some enjoyment out of the game.  Editing these is actually pretty fun, and if you like lighthearted stories with a little bit of ecchi, hopefully you'll have some fun with this title.

The only enjoyment I will get out of the game is me laughing uncontrollably at the poor grammar. But I am curious what Santa looks like naked when genderbended. 

I think you'll be disappointed on both ends. It appears they've got a competent editing staff now thanks to Mangagamer's editing resources, so the Engrish will probably be minimal at best. And since it's an All-Ages title, while you may get a butt scene (I recall that much from the one title I read) you won't be getting full-on nude Santababe.

Wasn't there an 18+ version of a particular Sakura title?

Wasn't there an 18+ version of a particular Sakura title?

Swim Club. I also did the editing for the Mangagamer version of that release. I'm hoping they release more of the 18+ material. WC's art has always been a strong point throughout the titles.

I think they added the 18+ content to the original after Mangagamer joined in a partnership with White Cloud (it was originally an all-ages on Steam as I recall). And yes, while the stories tend to be lacking I can't dispute that the artwork I've seen is strong.

I love the irony that they market most of these games as "All Ages". So I can show this to a 5th grader and NOT traumatize them about how relationships work or how girls act for that matter (Sakura games teaches us what girls should NOT do)?

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I love the irony that they market most of these games as "All Ages". So I can show this to a 5th grader and NOT traumatize them about how relationships work or how girls act for that matter (Sakura games teaches us what girls should NOT do)?

Sakura games taught me girls can lose all their clothes and find themselves tangled in a controller cable when they trip and fall. Realism/10

Sakura games taught me girls can lose all their clothes and find themselves tangled in a controller cable when they trip and fall. Realism/10

Sakura Angels taught me that girls always get changed at the same time, at the same speed and if you time it right, you will walk in on all girls in their underwear, in sexy "remove all our underwear" poses.

1296063.jpg?1426108927

regardless what i personally think of most sakura titles content-wise, deciding on pouring more ressources into an  improvement of their overall readability is always a nice move, which we should be thankful for, because its definitely a first step in pulling the whole series out of the cash grab/literary garbage corner.
now its only left to dream of them doing the very same, when hiring scenario-writers who actually know they´re buiseness :/

regardless what i personally think of most sakura titles content-wise, deciding on pouring more ressources into an  improvement of their overall readability is always a nice move, which we should be thankful for, because its definitely a first step in pulling the whole series out of the cash grab/literary garbage corner.
now its only left to dream of them doing the very same when hiring scenario-writers who actually know they´re buiseness

Nothing wrong with the thought but that's the thing - you can hire editors to clean up the language and make it readable, but you still need to get the writers to make better stories. That's what I'll be looking for from future titles under this alliance.

Everyone that feels bad about bashing this vn, or any other from winged cloud, well don't, they sell really well and our opinion is a minority probably or else they wouldn't be selling and making them so quickly. I'm sorry for Raychu for bad talking on something that he has to work with(and doing an amazing job I'm sure) but on the other hand, again, I know they do really well on the market so I don't feel that bad after all :P