Steins;Gate 0 is a success for 5pb.

Kurisu-Chan

Yes guys, yes, Steins;Gate 0, the unique, the new visual novel of 5PB. that serves as a "sequel" in another "timeline", has just recently hit japan, and it seems that the popularity of the anime and the first VN had worked well.

The editor MAGES basically announced that 100k of steins;gate 0 copy sold day one in Japan, i don't know that well the japanese market, but for a "simple" visual novel to have that kind of sell volume, it's basically a success for 5Pb. , it seems like the adventures of Okabe Rintarou and myself are still in the hype, i'm impressed, yes.

I wonder which platform sold the most copies. Probably the vita I'm guessing, but it would be interesting if the PS4 is suddenly really popular for VNs.

Honestly, I never thought this sequel should have existed (and I still don't). It feels like they're using the series' plot devices to create more alternative stories just for the sake of milking the franchise. Yes, I know, that's what companies do, but it still leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong and it's a really awesome sequel that justifies its existence, but I'll remain skeptical until I see it.

Not having a PC port is a real shame though.

I need this on my Vita, DAMMIT

Hidden Content

Don't need to worry about that....  5pb mostly deals with Vita and console games. I can count with my fingers how many PC releases they did.... :yumiko:

The 1st Stein's;Gate was in Vita, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

The first S;G was an Xbox 360 exclusive, Nitroplus were the ones who ported it over to PC, not 5pb themselves.

5pb has never done PC games, they're console exclusive, and I doubt they'll ever change that in the near future.

Chaos;Head was developed and published by Nitroplus.
The infinity series was all developed by KID.
Fortissimo on PC is also being published by La'cryma

TL;DR Unless Nitroplus or some other publisher decides to do it, 5pb will never release this on PC themselves.

I need this on my Vita, DAMMIT

Hidden Content

Don't need to worry about that....  5pb mostly deals with Vita and console games. I can count with my fingers how many PC releases they did.... :yumiko:

The 1st Stein's;Gate was in Vita, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Will anyone localize it for it to be only sold on Vita/PS4? That's what worries me, if it had a PC version the Vita port would likely be localized much quicker, if at all.

The first S;G was an Xbox 360 exclusive, Nitroplus were the ones who ported it over to PC, not 5pb themselves.

5pb has never done PC games, they're console exclusive, and I doubt they'll ever change that in the near future.

Chaos;Head was developed and published by Nitroplus.
The infinity series was all developed by KID.
Fortissimo on PC is also being published by La'cryma

TL;DR Unless Nitroplus or some other publisher decides to do it, 5pb will never release this on PC themselves.

5pb is publisher in first place. They do not care for what platform to sell, just consoles are more profitable.

But as you know, this was developed along with Nitroplus, so I believe it would be eventually ported to all platforms, including PC, as Nitroplus is PC-oriented company.

I think 5pb also had an Infinite Stratos fighting game on the PC. Don't know the info about that one. Must have been taken care of by another publisher. 

Infinite Stratos Versus Colors.  According to ANN, 5pb developed it.  Can't really find who published it.

Someone might fan translate it after the Vita is cracked for emulation, but I kinda doubt it, considering most fan TLs seem to be pretty wary of working on games that belong to companies that have licensed their games in the west.  If Nitroplus doesn't make a move in the next couple years, nothing'll probably happen with it.

Someone might fan translate it after the Vita is cracked for emulation, but I kinda doubt it, considering most fan TLs seem to be pretty wary of working on games that belong to companies that have licensed their games in the west.  If Nitroplus doesn't make a move in the next couple years, nothing'll probably happen with it.

I'd kill for the Vita to be cracked & emulated, though that in itself will probably take longer than this coming to PC, if it ever does <_<

I can imagine someone like Zakobot adding this to his current YT fan translations though, considering he did Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling

Considering that neater Robotics;Notes or Chaos;Child ever got a PC port and have no news on them being translated or getting a port my hopes for this one are low too, so I'l just hope that anime adaption is a good one.

Wrong https://vndb.org/v10476 .

Now I have played S;G 0 (PS Vita)over 4 hours. It is a nice sequel. My Japanese is not fluent. But I know a lot of Kanji, so I guess through the game.

I think it is a double win. Fans love more stories, 5pb makes more money. It's just unfair that we compare the sequel with the first one. I do feel the Sincerity from 5pb,so no complains.

Wrong https://vndb.org/v10476 .

GigasDrop worked on that, as they did for S;G 8bit.

I swear 5pb never ever released a single PC port themselves without the help of another company. They have published 1 or 2 PC games themselves, so I guess I exaggerated a little bit there, but they really don't favor the platform overall.

I'm not saying they don't work on developing for PC at all,  just that they're always depending on extra help to get the port done. As Scorp said, they are a publisher before being a developer.

S;G 0 was developed alongside Nitro+ who actually does PC ports, but it's doing really well on console so they probably don't have a lot of incentives to go to PC, on top of 5pb not caring for PC in general.