Koichoco Info (Seiyuu and Other Review) and Discussion

littleshogun

Which is the best Girl in this VN?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Girl in this VN?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru
  2. 2. Which is the best route in Koichoco?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru

This poll is closed to new votes

On 8/2/2016 at 3:31 AM, Silvz said:

And a simple Yes or No question - please, don't spoil me - Do the novel explain why Yuuki is the only one to see those strange things, like the Fan on Garage or the mask on that president candidate?

I think they're mostly cosmetic, and aimed to the player, like Ariake's overtly dramatic pose on her sprite.

I also wanted to say that Chisato is the most despicable heroine I've ever read or seen. A truly stupid and obnoxious girl. And I'm not even reading her route, which I skipped.

5 hours ago, Okarin said:

I think they're mostly cosmetic, and aimed to the player, like Ariake's overtly dramatic pose on her sprite.

I also wanted to say that Chisato is the most despicable heroine I've ever read or seen. A truly stupid and obnoxious girl. And I'm not even reading her route, which I skipped.

I'm not going to say Chisato is an angel, she's pretty goddamn selfish, but her route gives  the proper context that makes her more sympathetic. There's a reason why reading that route is typically required to unlock all the other routes. You probably wouldn't fall in love with her or anything if you read her route, but maybe she'd seem less "despicable."

I'm planning to eventually read her route. But given that in the common route she's a little piece of shit, I'm leaving her for last round probably.

That's what happens when you behave like a moron: you're left out (life lesson, kids). I'd do that with any heroine whom I find dislikable, actually. Luckily, the trend is more girls like Isara, and less tsunderes "taken up to 11" like Chisato. But it can vary...

On 1/26/2017 at 9:37 AM, Decay said:

I'm not going to say Chisato is an angel, she's pretty goddamn selfish, but her route gives  the proper context that makes her more sympathetic. There's a reason why reading that route is typically required to unlock all the other routes. You probably wouldn't fall in love with her or anything if you read her route, but maybe she'd seem less "despicable."

not enough of a reason to go through that painful experience, she was really intolerable and the main reason i read this was to get the sour tast of the anime out of the way since it focused on her

still sad there's no Sensei route ;(

20 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

I love giving routes/characters grades around 1-3/10. ^^

Then it seems you're not cut for reading common eroge.

I'm afraid Koichoco is a case of mixed bag: there are characters I despise (Non-chan, Chisato) and characters I really like (Isara, Morishita and maybe I'd add Mifuyu). A really hit-or-miss experience. Nothing wrong with that though.

By the way Vorathiel, I'm really looking forward to playing Air summer 2018, since you give it a 6,5, it truly must be nice :D

Edited by Okarin

6 hours ago, Okarin said:

She's a tyrant. She decrees (like she was a queen) that Yuuki has to make 20 Oojima rolls in a day. All without batting her eye. This is not romance nor friendship, this is slavery.

THAT'S your problem with her? Hahaha, dude,  He didn't want to do it because he's a big baby, and surprise surprise, it was much easier than he expected. He had to be forced into it, otherwise it never would have happened.

Sometimes you need a boot in the ass in life. Oojima is a huge baby at the beginning of the game and he needed someone to snap him out of it.

Interesting how in Sharin no Kuni, the protagonist does the same thing as Chisato here, except to a much more severe degree. Yet when you read your comments on SnK, all hate hate falls on the heroines and not the protagonist who acts like a tyrant with them, using your own terminology. Is it a matter of perspective? Don't like reading from the perspective of the person on the receiving end?

Edited by Decay

36 minutes ago, Decay said:

THAT'S your problem with her? Hahaha, dude,  He didn't want to do it because he's a big baby, and surprise surprise, it was much easier than he expected. He had to be forced into it, otherwise it never would have happened.

Sometimes you need a boot in the ass in life. Oojima is a huge baby at the beginning of the game and he needed someone to snap him out of it.

Interesting how in Sharin no Kuni, the protagonist does the same thing as Chisato here, except to a much more severe degree. Yet when you read your comments on SnK, all hate hate falls on the heroines and not the protagonist who acts like a tyrant with them, using your own terminology. Is it a matter of perspective? Don't like reading from the perspective of the person on the receiving end?

Sharin no Kuni's MC aint an idiotic violent Tsundere who thinks of their childhood friend as their personal possession ;)

Just now, Freestyle80 said:

Sharin no Kuni's MC aint an idiotic violent Tsundere who thinks of their childhood friend as their personal possession ;)

I don't understand why you're responding to me with this. I understand that's the most common complaint about Chisato, but that's not what Okarin's complaint was primarily about. His reason for disliking Chisato seems to be different from most people, so I was addressing that.

8 minutes ago, Decay said:

I don't understand why you're responding to me with this. I understand that's the most common complaint about Chisato, but that's not what Okarin's complaint was primarily about. His reason for disliking Chisato seems to be different from most people, so I was addressing that.

didnt mean to offend was just confused at the random sharin example

anyway carry on

16 hours ago, Decay said:

Hey, chill down a bit down there.

Chisato IS a tsundere taken up to 11.

Oojima IS a good-for-nothing guy, but since I haven't even finished one route yet, I know nothing about his character development (existant or nonexistant, as it might be). It's true that at the beginning he sucks.

Sharin no Kuni's protag, whatever his name is (wasn't it something generic like Yuuji or whatever?), is a strange one. Apparently capable, but with a masochistic streak and some dabbling into sadism as well. And really... the heroines in Sharin really drag him down. They're more like nuisances, and still we're expected to feel for them. Sorry, but no. This protag might still be an asshole, but the heroines are even worse.

Besides, the difference in setting between Sharin and Koichoco should be pretty telling of the whole thing. One is an authoritarian regime where the girls are supposed to be "reeducated", whereas Koichoco is your familiar high school setting. So, in one of them being a "tyrant" can be justified, in the other it's not.

I do think you're comparing apples to oranges there.

I was quoted here after several months of silence, and few days later you guys started a war Tsc.

I think it is imprescindible to read Chisato's route before the others for many reasons - mainly it is the one that better develops the election story. Not only that, but like it was said before, the character Chisato, her personality, fears and consequently the way she treats the protagonist is all explained in her route.

She is not a bad person, nor treats the MC as her posession, but she have given to him the role of her dead brother, who she never moved on from. She acts the way she does because she is afraid of "loosing" someone else in her life, which is very likely to happen on our reality.

It would be unfair to see her just as a jealous bitch who can't stand the other girls - she sees them as a threat to herself where she is most vulnerable. The problem here would be for her to put all her feelings and emotions into only one person, but if you read both her and the other girls' routes, you learn that she is able to deal with her traumas and allows the MC to have a normal and happpy life - be it with her or someone else.

11 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Instantly nominated for laugh of the year 2017

Why all the aggressiveness?

In the end, Chisato's antics are completely intolerable in a real person, and just okay in a virtual character. My bad for thinking of her like I'd think of a real girl -she isn't.

And yes, Morishita is too a pretty caricaturesque character, I don't think there are real girls like her.

I think it's stupid to bash other people's heroine rankings. There's a reason why there are 5 girls in the game with routes, and not just Chisato. Eroge makers try to appeal to a wide audience and so include different girls with different tropes, it's absurd to tell off other people for liking a given girl and dislike others.