Koichoco Info (Seiyuu and Other Review) and Discussion

littleshogun

Which is the best Girl in this VN?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Girl in this VN?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru
  2. 2. Which is the best route in Koichoco?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru

This poll is closed to new votes

Finished Michiru's route the other night.

god damn did this one trip up at the finish line.

It started off pretty good, I was enjoying the characters and the direction it was taking but then the drama went in full swing. The biggest flaw of this route is that it suffers from a fatal case of 'tell don't show'. Michiru suffered from a deep, complicated trauma and it was explained in the most anti-climactic and disappointing way possible. I was also dissapointed at how passive Yuuki was, he gets beaten up, kidnapped, his girlfriend betrays him, and he doesn't even raise his voice at anyone. The least he could've done is sucker-punched the President in the cut for lying to him.

Also, I get that this is a fictional world, but these people are taking school politics far too seriously if they're trying to kill people over it. The stuff in Chisato's route I could tolerate because of the third-party involvement but this route was just silly.

Overall I still enjoyed Michiru's route and I can't get over how cute her smile was (hats off the the artist) but that last minute fumble really held it back from being a great route.

Yeah the student councils/governments in Japan or at least visual novels in general seem to have more power than the principal or Dean so it just looks so silly.... :wahaha: No way I'm gonna let that shit slide if it happened irl. Gonna report them for abuse of power.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Yeah the student councils/governments in Japan or at least visual novels in general seem to have more power than the principal or Dean so it just looks so silly.... :wahaha: No way I'm gonna let that shit slide if it happened irl. Gonna report them for abuse of power.

Better report them to the Security Department, right?
No? Then how about that totally not wiretapped headmaster's office?

Still waiting for that Game of Thrones like VN, set in a japanese highschool. Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing, compared to this VN.

Still waiting for that Game of Thrones like VN, set in a japanese highschool. Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing, compared to this VN.

Scrap all of my other projects, we're making this a thing!

I'm looking forward more to Battle Royale-like vn but Game of Thrones seems fair enough. :holo: 

I finished Chisato's and Miifuyu's route so far and I'm more than halfway through Satsuki's but I have to say, hearing Hazuki confess to Yuuki, what a waste.

Why have such a fun and sexy character, who is even in love with the protagonist and then not have a route for her? Stupid, just stupid.

Especially since you could have let it branch off from the Satsuki route pretty easily and naturally.

That is a negative point in my book, really. I would definitely want her route.

A positive thing was that Chisato's route, once you are settled on her becomes a lot less annoying than I expected it to be. On the other Hand Mifuyu was really unnerving with her constant attempts at pushing Yuuki away from her.

Is there a way to add Non-chan's route to the PC version? I am curious what her route is about. 

I've seen things like that done with other games, I guess it depends on the hacker who is working on the game, but since Basic Translations never worked on that route, even if a hacker made a version with the Non-Chan route, it wouldn't be translated.

Finished Miifuyu's route.

this is undoubtedly the best route of the vn so far (keep in mind I've only just started Satsuki's route and haven't even touched Aomi's yet.

I was really invested in the characters and their own struggles in this route and found the overall story to be very enjoyable. Unlike previous routes it didn't up the stakes by bringing in an evil corporation or murderous students but kept the story confined to the relationships of the three leads.

I honestly don't have many criticisms for this route. My only problem would be that it isn't all that memorable. Sure there were a couple of scenes at the end that were memorable but the route as a whole lacked any lasting appeal and will likely be forgotten (especially  if what you guys have been saying is true and the last two routes are the best of the vn), but this is a rather petty complaint because the overall route is very good.

Earlier, TexasDice I believe (can't be bothered checking) said that Miifuyu's route went half an hour too long and I'd respectfully disagree; although it would've been nice to see a little more of the fallout between Chisato and Miifuyu what we got was still pretty damn good. I legitimately felt sorry for Yuuki, especially when during the final speech when Chisato called him, I was right there with all the characters telling him to go to Miifuyu.

Just finished Satsuki and that was the best so far. Only Isara and Michiru left, as I always try to keep my favourites for the last playthroughs.

Satsuki was nice, she's my favourite physically and her cuteness factor is very high, the parts involving her sister and her ethics was moving..

Mifuyu is definitely my least favourite of the three I've played so far.

I think it was said during the game somewhere that the student council had as much power as the local government. Absolutely ridiculous.

I think it was said during the game somewhere that the student council had as much power as the local government. Absolutely ridiculous.

While I agree, it's definitely not the most outrageous idea I've seen in VNs.

• 2 weeks later...

So I started KoiChoco a couple of days ago mainly because I knew the title (because of the anime, which I didn't watch but heard about when it aired) and I adore the visuals.

It's pretty fun so far, though I heard the VN is mediocre at best. I wouldn't know since I never finished a VN before, so I can't compare my impression with other VNs. I really laughed quite a bit while playing this. I like Yuuki and most of the other characters. I'm looking forward to experiencing the whole story the game has to offer (and the CGs, hopefully :conspiracy:)

One question though, since I'm not really knowledgable regarding Japanese:

Somewhere in the beginning Chisato and Reiji (Propeller-san) talk about being green blooded, which I couldn't quite comprehend. What's this all about? A little context:

Spoiler

Reiji: >I am surprised that there is someone who can't comprehend the beauty of Sumiyoshi-san.<

Chisato: >Right? It surprises me as well.<

Reiji: >I finally understand! I'm sure that person must have green blood!<

[...]

Reiji: >Liste, Sumiyoshi-san, you shouldn't trust someone who has green blood. I will gladly change places with the one who is green on the inside.<

Put in spoiler tags for your convenience.

Does this mean anything in Japan...? Green blood? Aliens? Wut?

On 9.1.2016 at 3:25 PM, CeruleanGamer said:

I heard of that phrase before. To be green blooded means you're inexperienced and dont know what youre missing out. 

I see. Thanks for clarifying! :sachi:

13 hours ago, Tyrael said:

The only real gripe I have with this VN is that the art is rather lazy at times.

What do you mean by lazy? I didn't notice anything as of yet.

Recently completed Koichoco. For an amateur reader like me, it is very nice. The main route and each characters' route are interesting, with their own unique problems. I like Isara's character (and her smile), but I think Mifuyu's route is the most appealing. Yume's character never fail to make me grin lol.

For Koichoco's art, it feels more like being drawn with hands, which is quite nice. The Extra menu and main ending that get unlocked when you have completed all routes make the VN quite memorable. 

Feel like hoping for Aokana's translation project to finish soon.

Wait what? This vn has something substantial as an additional ending in the extras menu? I've only finished the normal routes :o

Just installed it again and added my save games. Can't see anything but the typical stuff in the extras menu, nothing about anything new after finishing each heroine route.